PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Everyone else has a Mock...Why not Me...except I only went to #18 because I ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
have to go buy a new iron in order to help my kid finish his "poetry" assignment which requires me to spend $123 on iron-on paper to have 24 poems attached to the shirt I will never let him wear" !!!!!! Mock Draft.

1. Carolina…Cam Newton. He will sell tickets and he will scramble all over the field. Hell I loved watching Steve Grogan shed tacklers, tuck and run, and that naked bootleg he took to the house from midfield…still my favorite old time Pats play. Carolina…here he comes.

2. Denver.. Marcell Dareus…talent and need match here

3. Cincinnati….Buffalo, looking to trade out of this slot. Buffalo was #32 against run. They were #28 in both offense and defense. Despite general consensus, drafting Von Miller does not solve their interior problem. Merriman is on the books for two years and I don’t see management overlapping with such a premium pick.
Trade: Cincy swaps #1s with Buff plus a #2 in 2012 . Afraid to be jumped over, Cincy pays up. Cincy had a nice run with a premium 1st rounder (Palmer)…they try again with GABBERT.

4. Arizona…Buffalo, looking to trade again convinces Arizona that teams want Miller, but Miller will excel on the Arizona turf
Trade: Arizona swaps #1s with Buffalo plus #69 (3rd rd)
Arizona selects VON MILLER

5. San Fran……Buffalo is on a roll, why stop now. San Fran wants Peterson, but seeing that Buffalo is playing Lets make a Deal, and Jerry Jones facelift was spotted near by….they throw a token 2012 pick in
Trade: San Fran swaps #1s plus a #4 (130)
San Fran selects PETERSON

6. Cleveland… AJ GREEN…Fat guy with stache likes to score points…gives the young QB a target, rounds out offense

7. Buffalo…time to pick …NICK FAIRLEY… They get a DT with some pass rush in him, acquire some present and future chips for a team with needs across the board.

8. Tennessee ..no QB here, D line is a need…..JJ WATT

9. Dallas. . PRINCE A

10..Washington…Skins want a QB but need more picks. I just don’t see the need for teams #11-16 to move up. Pats could offer a late 3rd to move up….but he won’t.
Redskins select QUINN

11. Houston ..CAM JORDAN

12. Minnesota…T Smith

13. Detroit.. Castanzo

14.. St Louis… J Jones

15. Miami….sitting here with all their Tier II Qbs ready to be plucked. Do they go for the inaccurate QB . Or a boring OL….or will they continue to go the #1 RB route that has worked soooooo well.
Here we go….Cue Gloria Estefan and her Miami Sound Machine….RYAN MALLETT.
Rag armed QBs of the past be dammed. Finally a PRO ARM. His motto at his Miami tryout, Marino smoked weed, why not me? Time for this organization to take a risk, and this kid has the arm. Miami can’t wait until #79

16. Jacksonville…Kerrigan

17. Washington So who wants to trade up for BB’s pick. Fatty King says a team is ready, but the #28 scenario is wrong…so who will give us a #2 now and a #1 in 2012...Tenn or Washington….I am flipping the coin and saying Washington because Tenn just doesn’t act all crazy…and I bet Vince Young returns.
Trade: Washington swaps #41 plus a a 2012 #1 for #17 and selects…..DALTON. Why? Because Dan Snyder saw him on TV and had to buy him

18. San Diego…AKA…a whale’s ******. ALDON SMITH

PATRIOTS
Trade out of #28 to Tennessee, receive #40 and a #2 in 2012

Re: The "Everyone else has a Mock...Why not Me...except I only went to #18 because I

15. Miami….sitting here with all their Tier II Qbs ready to be plucked. Do they go for the inaccurate QB . Or a boring OL….or will they continue to go the #1 RB route that has worked soooooo well.
Rag armed QBs of the past be dammed. Finally a PRO ARM. His motto at his Miami tryout, Marino smoked weed, why not me? Time for this organization to take a risk, and this kid has the arm. Miami can’t wait until #79

Living in Pittsburgh where he went to school, I can guarantee you that Dan Marino did a lot more than smoke weed.

He snorted more Coke than Johnny Depp's charcter in 'Blow.' I don't think it's much of a secret, here--there--or anywhere for that matter. Marino was a definite Coke head.

FWIW--I think you did a great job with the mock, and also agree that Mallett will be going higher than most are thinking. When you take away the supposed character issues of a college kid messing with drugs, he is certainly one of the most physically gifted, and strong armed QB's in the draft. I would wager on his success a lot more than say...Cam Newton. Mallett played in a pro-style offense, and put up BIG numbers through the air.

I am actually hoping that he doesn't go into our division, and that MIA does not take him, but I think there's a good shot, and the rumors are picking up steam more and more.

Last edited:
Re: The "Everyone else has a Mock...Why not Me...except I only went to #18 because I

have to go buy a new iron in order to help my kid finish his "poetry" assignment which requires me to spend $123 on iron-on paper to have 24 poems attached to the shirt I will never let him wear" !!!!!! Mock Draft.

1. Carolina…Cam Newton. He will sell tickets and he will scramble all over the field. Hell I loved watching Steve Grogan shed tacklers, tuck and run, and that naked bootleg he took to the house from midfield…still my favorite old time Pats play. Carolina…here he comes.

2. Denver.. Marcell Dareus…talent and need match here

3. Cincinnati….Buffalo, looking to trade out of this slot. Buffalo was #32 against run. They were #28 in both offense and defense. Despite general consensus, drafting Von Miller does not solve their interior problem. Merriman is on the books for two years and I don’t see management overlapping with such a premium pick.
Trade: Cincy swaps #1s with Buff plus a #2 in 2012 . Afraid to be jumped over, Cincy pays up. Cincy had a nice run with a premium 1st rounder (Palmer)…they try again with GABBERT.

4. Arizona…Buffalo, looking to trade again convinces Arizona that teams want Miller, but Miller will excel on the Arizona turf
Trade: Arizona swaps #1s with Buffalo plus #69 (3rd rd)
Arizona selects VON MILLER

5. San Fran……Buffalo is on a roll, why stop now. San Fran wants Peterson, but seeing that Buffalo is playing Lets make a Deal, and Jerry Jones facelift was spotted near by….they throw a token 2012 pick in
Trade: San Fran swaps #1s plus a #4 (130)
San Fran selects PETERSON

6. Cleveland… AJ GREEN…Fat guy with stache likes to score points…gives the young QB a target, rounds out offense

7. Buffalo…time to pick …NICK FAIRLEY… They get a DT with some pass rush in him, acquire some present and future chips for a team with needs across the board.

8. Tennessee ..no QB here, D line is a need…..JJ WATT

9. Dallas. . PRINCE A

10..Washington…Skins want a QB but need more picks. I just don’t see the need for teams #11-16 to move up. Pats could offer a late 3rd to move up….but he won’t.
Redskins select QUINN

11. Houston ..CAM JORDAN

12. Minnesota…T Smith

13. Detroit.. Castanzo

14.. St Louis… J Jones

16. Jacksonville…Kerrigan

17. Washington So who wants to trade up for BB’s pick. Fatty King says a team is ready, but the #28 scenario is wrong…so who will give us a #2 now and a #1 in 2012...Tenn or Washington….I am flipping the coin and saying Washington because Tenn just doesn’t act all crazy…and I bet Vince Young returns.
Trade: Washington swaps #41 plus a a 2012 #1 for #17 and selects…..DALTON. Why? Because Dan Snyder saw him on TV and had to buy him

18. San Diego…AKA…a whale’s ******. ALDON SMITH

PATRIOTS
Trade out of #28 to Tennessee, receive #40 and a #2 in 2012

Sooooo, basically you have us trading BOTH 17 and 28, and choosing no one. Not liking that scenario very much.

Sooooo, basically you have us trading BOTH 17 and 28, and choosing no one. Not liking that scenario very much.

I actually have them trading out of #33 as well. Three #1s in 2012, get lucky with Luck is my motto. After 2012, trade off Brady for a big pile and slide Luck in. BB and I are very much alike....you see. Big Picture Thinkers :)
PS: I don't think much of this draft. I love Bowers (if healthy), Green, and Dareus, I like Watkins and Julio Jones. That's about it.

Last edited:

I actually have them trading out of #33 as well. Three #1s in 2012, get lucky with Luck is my motto. After 2012, trade off Brady for a big pile and slide Luck in. BB and I are very much alike....you see. Big Picture Thinkers :)
PS: I don't think much of this draft. I love Bowers (if healthy), Green, and Dareus, I like Watkins and Julio Jones. That's about it.

Wow Borg!! Trading out of 17, 28, AND 33 :D

I can see that you do not care for this yr's draft very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots