PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ever moronic John Czarnicki, stays true to form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred Taylor will rush for 1300 yards this year book it

In 2008, as a team the Pats averaged 4.4 ypc. In teh sam eyear, Taylor averaged 3.9ypc. Lets say he averages the difference at 4.2 ypc. That would mean in order to rack up 1300 yds, Taylor would need to accrue 309 carries.

Certainly I'd love to see Taylor put up a monster year, but based on their offensive philosophy (barring a current RB hitting the IR list) by implementing a RB-by-comittee approach, IMO I dont see him putting up 1300 yds. You have Morris & Maroney getting 100+ each and Faulk his 40-60 carries. Plus hes 33. BB wants him with fresh legs and running hard in December. Why burn him out?

Minus the "Czar's Prediction," the rest of the piece reads like a reporter trying to turn the sun's rising into a story. Yep, Brady had an injury and is coming back. Yep, there are a few questions at LB. Yep, Maroney will at least get a wake up call from Taylor if not be eclipsed by him. Yep, there are some other good teams out there.

Please, please, please, let training camp begin so we don't have to read too much more drivel like this.

What I found interesting is his Cowboys prediction. He has Romo winning in January, the Giants are extremely talented, and the Eagles winning the division.

Two wildcards from the same division has happened. However, "brutal" divisions do not lend themselves to three playoff teams. Who exactly are the Cowboys to beat? I doubt the AFC East champion Eagles will be the 1st or 2nd seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye