Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Establishment Strikes Back...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mcgraw_wv, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Over the weekend we saw a tremendous vote of confidence in the Republican party that establishment politics is losing it's effectiveness with main street voters. With Bachmann and Paul winning the lions share of votes at Iowa's straw poll, the establishment had to do something in order maintain control and swing the media in their favor.

Enter Darth Perry.

By now everyone knows that Perry's announcement on the day of the Straw Poll took massive amounts of attention off Bachmann and Paul and placed it right back on a
    n establishment candidate, and to add salt to the wound, the media informed the public like a well coordinated machine, Rick Perry was Tea Party, before Tea Party was cool...

Is that so?

Rick Perry is no Tea Party, Rick Perry is the ultimate GOP establishment candidate with deep corporate ties to Big Pharma, he is the anti Tea Partier, sent in to steal the anti-establishment vote to provide Mitt the win.

Perry will be rewarded as the front runner from here on out for the next election.

This is how the empire works. You put your time in, you do as your told, you play your part, and you will be rewarded with your 15 minutes.

While Main Street desperately looks to fresh ideas, fresh energy from the Tea Party and anti establishment movement, the establishment is hard at work to send distraction after distraction in order to water down the vote, steal media attention, and do whatever it takes to ensure that the people are not who elects it's leadership, but the party bosses do, with their monied interested, media connections and coordination efforts, their message to Main Street is...

"You are no longer capable of choosing your leadership, you are not in the know enough to elect our president, we will help you along the way, let us handle the hard work, and you sit back until we need your vote"

The Straw poll was the main street republican coming out to show their support for their chosen leader, to make their mark on which they feel should represent them. The Establishment scrambled when the trend leaned Tea Party by +50%, they did the only think they could think of... Devalue the entire Iowa straw poll, have the establishments dark horse announce the same day, a slap in the face to Iowans, a slap in the face to Grassroots GOP.

The Establishment doesn't like to lose, and doesn't like losing power, and this election cycle we will all be witness to the establishments full arsenal of power to ensure you feel their pick is the one for us.

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +569 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I could and would never vote for any candidate that has ties to Big Pharma. Big Pharma is one of the top 5 threats to this country's future...they are more than dangerous.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is a stretch.

The Tea Party is not "anti-establishment". The establishment is corporate and military oriented. So is the Tea Party. Ron Paul and the Tea Party don't mix very well.

Obama and Romney are the establishment and they will face-off in the general election because they are not outwardly insane. Write it down in ink.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +785 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO

Probably off topic but I just heard Rick Perry refered to as "The Ultimate Tea-Vangelical."

You can say what you will about Perry not being a true Tea Partier but he sure seems to fit the bill for me.

BTW, Bachmann and Paul are pretty cozy with Big Pharma, too, having both just voted for a Pharma earmark worth more than $214 million - although Paul had the grace not to vote yes on the final bill.

Taking Long View on Patent Fight Pays Off : Roll Call News

Bachmann's 3rd largest contributors came from health care industry and she's taken a fair amount of money specifically from pharmacutical companies.

Michele Bachmann: Campaign Finance/Money - Industries - Representative 2010 | OpenSecrets

Ron Paul's 3rd largest contributors also came from the health care industry.

Ron Paul: Campaign Finance/Money - Summary - Representative 2008 | OpenSecrets

5. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just my opinion, There is nothing Tea Party about Rick Perry...

Again, all you people trying to grasp what it means to be tea party from what the liberal media tells you it is... is' funny.

+50% in Iowa... that's a strong message.

Re-watch Perry's announcements... his facial mannerisms... that man can out bush, bush in 1 year...

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

so, what are the distinctions between Perry and the "real" tea party?

(and who are the real tea party candidates?)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

The Tea Party is no more than "fed up americans" banding together, they realize that their country is turning into a "sh!t hole" our values our patriotism our economy our whole social structure is being destroyed.

As Obama's Preacher would say "God Danm America" when he said it his rotten congregation gave him a standing screaming ovation.

8. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Honestly... It doesn't matter... wasting time on this board is not productive in the slightest bit... Go figure it out for yourself.

You'll see why for yourself in 4 -6 months.

If Perry wins the Nomination, he wins the Presidency...

He is the epitome of Neo-Con wrapped in Tea Party media dressing in order to co-opt the movement... He is the Male Palin.

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Awwwwww...BULLSH!T

The Tea Party is an easy read and no one needs the media to figure them out. You don't have to be an "insider" to get what a political group stands for. Just because someone doesn't know the secret handshake and say the right things doesn't make them a victim of the liberal media. Half the Teavbaggers don't even know what it means to bag tea.

Why don't you fill us all in on the meaning of it all?

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +785 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Well then, someone ought to tell The Tea Party.

Gov. Rick Perry is gaining support from members of the Tea Party, a new by the Pew Research Center has found.

Twelve percent of poll respondents said the Texas Republican was their pick for the GOP nomination, second to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin tied for the No. 3 slot among all Republicans. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Lake Jackson, received 9 percent of the vote and businessman Herman Cain took 8 percent.

Perry’s support swelled among voters who identified as member of the Tea Party. Sixteen percent of Tea Party voters support Perry for the GOP nomination – the same percent that supported Romney. Bachmann received 14 percent of the vote and Palin and Cain both received 12 percent. Paul garnered 9 percent of the votes.

No, we're going by what and who the polls of Tea Partiers themselves tell us the Tea Partiers are supporting.

11. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is why I have alwasy maintained to be a Ron Paul Republican... Too much co-opting has already happened in the Tea Party...

Rick Scott Rewards Tea Party Pal With Taxpayer Dollars : Liberty Underground

12. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I got a Ron Paul lawn sign from 2008. I supported him because he was the only anti-war candidate beside Ralph Nader. I was naive about him, though.

It's in the barn attick and will never see the light of day again. He's lost me on his inability to think outside of the Libertarian box he has built around his brain. His opposition to the CRA on "principle" is another indication of his inflexibility and inability to think in complex terms.

Despite his principled stance on everything, he does not believe in the Libertarian plank of elimination of international borders. That's a real tough sell in Texas, I'm bettin'. So much for principles.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't know what too correct... you seem to not understand Paul's stances.

Have you read his books?

There is one overall stance, individual liberty is the route to the greatest amount of freedom. The smaller the government, the better to secure individual liberty. Central planning / Government planning, ruins liberties.

You are free to do wrong. You are free to break the law, and also free to pay the price of your actions.

Your application of his belief on the CRA is unfounded on the truth, and you just think he's racist... it's not true, were discussed this before, im not wasting my time trying to inform you.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, that was pretty lazy...

I do not think he's a racist. That's probably the laziest part of your post. I just think he's wrong and- get this- overprincipled. There is such a thing.

And why would I read his books? There's too many great books and too little time to be wasting time on the thoughts of a gynocologist/ politician from Texas.

15. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Again, this is why I said:

16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

So you're posting here... why?

In your words, Honestly... It doesn't matter.

I think the "real tea party" distinction you're supposedly trying to make is a bogus one.

I'll guarantee he won't.

Perry will drive independents and Dems who are disenchanted with Obama right back to Obama. Same goes for Bachman.

The hardcore Republicans will love him, but they're not voting for Obama anyway.

17. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Go back 32 years and they said the same thing about Reagan vis-a-vis Carter and look how that turned out. An incumbent perceived as weak with a stagnant economy against a former Governor......

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

That's why Obama will lose if the economy continues to stagnate and the Republicans don't nominate an extremist.

I know a lot of folks, independents and even Dems, who voted for Obama and would vote against him this time -- myself included. They're not going to vote for a homophobic religious zealot, though.

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ha! That's wierd.

So in the world according to mcgraw, no one knows anything about anyone unless he reads a book written by that person. So unless I read Obama's book, I couln't possibly know enough about him to have a discussion about him. Same goes for the other candidates...even that masterbutory piece of crap by Palin, huh?

You just don't have any intelligent response which is confirmed by the "I won't waste my time answering you..." crap. Sounds lpretty childish which I didn't expect from you. Your Teabagese is coming along nicely. Typical political rumpswabbery defined by the frustrated inability to defend a position of one's binky that doesn't make sense. Deny...deflect...run away.

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Reagan wasn't a classless church clown like we see on TV today.