Welcome to PatsFans.com

The environment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pujo, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/18/global.warming.ap/index.html

An interesting read. Not necessarily for the opinions of the people talking, but because it does make one think, in general, what course shoud we take with the environment. Do you believe, like Ann Coulter, that the Earth is ours to rape and destroy, or is their a more sensible way of using our resources? Let's not turn this into a Bush v. Clinton thing - I'm looking for solutions, not blame.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Coulter's view of the environment is pre-1960 and should be discarded considering the massive amounts of information we now have regarding the effect of toxins on biological organisms. You would have to be completely insane AND retahdid to believe what she says regarding the environment. I actually feel sorry, even worry, for her when I hear these disturbing ramblings. I am a very conservative person who happens to have a view of the natural world (including humans) on a geologic timescale, so I tend to view it as a big picture.

The first short-term solution is to immediately develop a nuclear power-based energy system for the sake of the environment as well as to neutralize the disproportionate influence of the medieval governments from the Middle East.

At the same time we must enact a truly visionary project to develop renewable sources of energy. The options and possibilities are too numerous to itemize, but most of us are aware of what they are. That requires new leadership, pionted by the US and hopefully China (that is, if they already haven't begun one of their own). There will be temporary consequences and environmental compromizes required, but none of them are as bad as the current course towards a dead end.

I can't wait for this discussion to get going...
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Great thread. Worthy of extensive discussion. But currently we have a constitutional crisis in our land that puts everything else on back burners.
  4. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +234 / 13 / -19

#15 Jersey

Her veiw of the world is pre-40's Germany. She's beyond therapy. She acts like she's benn trapped in a room alone for 30 years. How long until she truly self-implodes?
  5. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmmm, I read through the article, and Ms. Coulter was never mentioned. Nor did I read any statement or opinion by her in this article. I do not doubt that she has expressed some controversial views on the environment somewhere, but it wasn't here. Perhaps people are just expressing a genuine personal dislike with Ms. Coulter?

Too bad, too. I like her. She's extremely intelligent, witty, and quick on her feet. Besides, I think I'd vote for her over half of those cheerleaders we have to choose from in the general forum :D . Yeah, I'd really like to....um...date her!

There I go again, letting the wrong part of me do the thinking. It'll be my downfall for sure.

Seriously, Ann Coulter is an author and commentator. Her views are just to the right of Nazi Germany. But she is just a talking head, like George Stephenopolos (sp?). He is to the left as she is to the right. In fact, he actually participated in the govt before, so I consider him more dangerous than her.
  6. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +234 / 13 / -19

#15 Jersey

The comparison between Coulter and Stephenapolis (someone help us) is like comparing Stalin to Ghandi. She acts like a shock-therapy reject while George conducts himself with class and dignity. There is no comparison.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh well...that didn't take long. :confused:
  8. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Alas, it was an attempt at perverted humor, founded in truth (I just plain think she's hot).

And a comment that regardless of her opinion, she is just a commentator and talking head, not someone of political importance. There are those in power who we should really fear on both sides of the isle. I take her opinions with a grain of salt, and enjoy looking at her while she gives them. :)
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

She needs to put a few meals under that grain of salt. :D
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

The new far left democrat hates it when somebody talks back to them, have you ever noticed the "Twinkle" in Ann's eye's when she kicks the sh!t out of the "lefties", she makes Nancy Pelosi look like a "dummy fool".

Fashion Models all across the world would kill for a body like Ann's.

Like it or not, Coulter is here to stay, if the Neo Libs hate her, she is doing something right.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

She looks like a chihuahua on acid and has the mind of a faucet.
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sunken eyes, thin as a rail, she's got that heroin-chic look. I bet she purges after every meal.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

O-O-O-o-o-h, baby. Yeah...that's it.

I think the hottest talking head with a brain is Nora O'Donnell. She's probably the best lookin chick in the White House at any given moment. She reminds me of my second cousin...is that OK?
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  14. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doubt you could get any bikini pics of Nora, so....maybe a couple of the second cousin? ;)
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

...that would be wrong...
  16. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry :bricks: Got carried away with all that voting on the general forum!