Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Economy WILL get Better

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TommyBrady12, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 10 / -8

#12 Jersey

Mark my words. The economy will get better. Why? Because auntie Nancy Pelosi assures us that adding birth control funding into the stimulus package will help the economy.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashpbc.htm

Get ready for unprecedented economic growth ladies and gents!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

And she's wrong how? Stands to reason that unwanted pregnancies would be be an economic burden and nowhere do I see a quote from her that says it's the answer to the economy, she's just justifying its inclusion in the bill. And I'm not sure what the size of her family has to do with it, I don't see her saying anywhere that people should stop having kids. Carry on eating up Matt Drudge's propaganda though.
  3. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 10 / -8

#12 Jersey

obviously you can't see that this is a back door attempt by pelosi to get abortion/birth control funding to the states. she slips it into a much larger stimulus bill and disguises it as part of an economic recovery package. it has nothing to do with helping the economy.
  4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

And why does she want birth control funding and family planning services? Do you think unwanted pregnancies have no economic impact?
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

Don't much care if it's in this bill, the next bill, or a standalone bill, family planning is good for families and good for society. More to the point, the house, senate, and president all think so as well. One of Obama's first executive orders was to remove the idiotic restriction that did not allow US international aid to go to such programs.

Anybody who's just gotten used to a religiously based poor social policy needs to get his head around the facts: Americans are not upset if you use birth control.

PFnV
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Do not forget about the disease thing also... STD's and the treatment there of can be a tad expensive.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

I just hope that witch doesn't try to attach stipulations to everything Obama tries to get passed. She needs to accept the fact that Obama has the overwhelming support of the nation and that she does not.

She also needs to realize that the democratic party has not "arrived" or that this is THEIR time. Obama has already expressed that very idea several times and she has no choice but to go along with it.

This is Obama's time, not Pelosi's. :rolleyes:
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

I told you the Circus Was Coming To Town, there's going to be a lot of laughs and fun coming up with these screwy dingobats running the show, Messiah Jug Ears better keep Wingbag Biden and his Little Chattering wife locked up and muzzled, Windbag thinks he's Julius Ceaser.

I like to watch the Bidens & Obama's kissing each other, it's so good for the country, maybe if the Cheney's & Bush's kissed more often things would have turned out different.

"GOD DAMN AMERICA" (obooma never knew his preacher said this, he was sleeping)
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

So much for earmarks. Change you can believe in. Meet the new people, same as the old people.

I dunno, but do condoms help create jobs? One could argue that it is more work to put one on, than to go bare back, but...

Nancy Pelosi is an embarrassment. When I see people like her, Trent Lott, Dennis Hastert, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Harry Reid, that republican senator dude from one of the Carolina's who has that pedophile smile, and some other Ken doll from Arizona or California, when I see them speak, I don't know whether I should laugh, or litteraly cry. HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET ELECTED?!?
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

God Be With You RW
    Those people should all be blindfolded shot dead and then hung, as should 99% of America's Politicians.

Now we have to keep our eye on this smooth talking Beautiful Glorious African American Prince that God has sent to us (he comes from chicago)