PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The easy way to convict Vick or remove charges from him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
O.K. We all know there is a 99.9% chance Vick is guilty and we know there is a 99.9% chance that those fellow Falcons players that have been on the team with Vick for the past several years knows exactly what was going on in his northern home which leads me to an easy answer to this trial on the future of Vick.....

You take the coaches and players who have been on the team during Vicks tenure...Strap 'em all up to a lie detector and ask each coach/athlete if they knew about Vick as a dogfighting entrepreneur and if they knew what was going on in Virginia...If it comes back as a majority to incriminate Vick put the bum in jail,If the majority of the questions come back to prove Vick is telling the truth (not possible but go along with me here) you let him go back to work in the NFL.

Lie detectors are known to be about 99.9% accurate - sounds like a plan to me and saves valuable time and money to not waste on a so called QB like Vick.

O.K. We all know there is a 99.9% chance Vick is guilty and we know there is a 99.9% chance that those fellow Falcons players that have been on the team with Vick for the past several years knows exactly what was going on in his northern home which leads me to an easy answer to this trial on the future of Vick.....

You take the coaches and players who have been on the team during Vicks tenure...Strap 'em all up to a lie detector and ask each coach/athlete if they knew about Vick as a dogfighting entrepreneur and if they knew what was going on in Virginia...If it comes back as a majority to incriminate Vick put the bum in jail,If the majority of the questions come back to prove Vick is telling the truth (not possible but go along with me here) you let him go back to work in the NFL.

Lie detectors are known to be about 99.9% accurate - sounds like a plan to me and saves valuable time and money to not waste on a so called QB like Vick.

lie detectors are not accurate for telling the truth or they would be used more regularly. They are 99 % accurate in telling that the person is nervous.

I will just say it now at the risk of being called racist. Vick will get off because his lawyers will stack as many blacks as he can on the jury. This is going to be a mess of simpsonian proportions.

Oh, how I long for the days when the government has the ability to slap everyone into a lie detector!

On another note, why on Earth would the number of people who knew or didn't know about his activities have any bearing whatsoever on his guilt or innocence? Are you familiar with the legal system at all? I'm not busting your ass, but horrible idea.

Lie detector tests are inaccurate at best. While they are correct more often than they are wrong, I would not subject myself to one if I could avoid it. They simply do not offer good, solid evidence.

Stacking a jury happens - but remember, generally the prosecutor and the defense will have an opportunity to knock out a few jurors whom they feel won't give them a fair shake, and at the same time, often have the chance to select some jurors. All things considered, the jury selection process is generally (though of course not always) a fair one.

My only hope for this trial is that it serves as a wake up call and that the punishment for such gross animal abuse is worsened after this case. If he is found guilty, and I think there is overwhelming evidence against him, Vick deserves far longer than 6 years in prison.

Why not save yourself the trouble with the polygraph and simply subpoena his teammates and other friends he has in the NFL. Put under oath in federal court, there will be more than enough that will finger him, lest they be charged with perjury. Every players' lawyer will drill that into their head "Protect Vick and possibly go to jail, career goes el flusho and family starves" or "turn that scumbag in...he deserves it." Not much of a choice at all.

Last edited:
As others have pointed out, in the United States lie detector tests are inadmissable in criminal cases.

I will just say it now at the risk of being called racist. Vick will get off because his lawyers will stack as many blacks as he can on the jury. This is going to be a mess of simpsonian proportions.

The O.J. verdict was a joke.

The O.J. verdict had as much to do with a TOTALLY incompetent prosecution as it did with the make-up of a jury that came from a community that had seen a TON of police misconduct, cover-up and general B.S. for decades.

You are an incredibly ignorant, racist person.

You are ridiculously foolish to think what you posted would merely put you "at risk" of being called a racist. (At the risk of being called racist, I'm going to put on a sheet and march down the street in Skokie!)

Please do us all - black, white and everyone in between - a huge favor and never post on complicated subjects like race relations ever, EVER again.

Last edited:
I think we should all avoid the topic of race here. The OJ case was complicated, there were questions about the LAPD, there were racial questions, there were questions about the prosecution, and many thought judge Ito was an idiot. The Vick case will also be complicated, at the very least because he has money to pay lawyers to make it complicated. They won't leave any stone unturned, but the Feds want a conviction here, too, and they have no shortage of resources.

Last edited:
I was not aware it could not be used in this type of case..oh well,there goes that idea :bricks:

If law were my forte I would be posting on the legal forums on Attorney.com . ..lol

I guess you can tell I have never been in trouble with law before :snob:

As far as that racism crap,I agree leave it out of here,A mans color of skin has NOTHING to do with what he is as a human being.

The only racist things that come out of cases like this are what the scum lowly media bleeds it out as...Nothing more

Weather or not Vick is convicted, his prospects of resuming a successful NFL career are diminishing fast. If Vick is aquitted in a "simpsonian" mess of a trial, he may garner even more negative attention from fans and protesters than he does right now.

The dude is poison to the NFL right now, and, guilty or not, he is probably done. Even if not convicted, having his lucrative career forced to a halt is serious punishment. We're talking millions and millions here.

Weather or not Vick is convicted, his prospects of resuming a successful NFL career are diminishing fast. If Vick is aquitted in a "simpsonian" mess of a trial, he may garner even more negative attention from fans and protesters than he does right now.

The dude is poison to the NFL right now, and, guilty or not, he is probably done. Even if not convicted, having his lucrative career forced to a halt is serious punishment. We're talking millions and millions here.

Yep. What team is going to want to sign his mediocre ass and have PETA protesting outside of their offices and stadium every day he's under contract?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey