Welcome to PatsFans.com

The earth's temparture continues to....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Does that mean it was the 69th warmest?? Weather is newsworthy, climate is history.. what is your point? Anecdotal information does not diminish the fact of global warming.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

For a world that is "supposed" to be heading for meltdown -- literally, according to Al Gore and the environmental extremists -- this sure does not fit the pattern.

Yeah, it's anecdotal, like each year of history is anecdotal. Add them all together and there's an aggregate. So let's see what the aggregate is going to be for the next ten years.

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Kinda like saying that some town in NY got 100" of snow ergo no global warming, when the real reason that is not stated was it was all "lake effect" snow, because the lakes were not frozen. One month's temp does not mean anything, I believe that last year overall was one of the warmest years on record. I was in Alaska a couple of years ago, and spent some time in the glaciers. They record and mark the recession of them, there has been a marked increase in the past 10 years.. this also is anecdotal, but there are many signs here that show thats something is different, and something is going on.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Except that instead of a narrow area where a "lake effect" could easily happen, this NOAA report is for the *world-wide* average.

Not saying the earth isn't gradually warming, but it seems that every time Al Gore wants to give a speech on the subject, or some other "Global Warming Conference" is about to launch, the place where these events are supposed to happen suddenly have arctic blasts and sub-zero weather!!! :D

It's funny. "God doth have a sense of humor." -- LTC Frank Slade (Al Pacino), "The Scent of a Woman"

//
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I know it's only 1 month, but how does 100 years compute into 400 million? :D
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

This coming July and August we will have a few days when it goes up into the nineties just as it has for the last million years, we will all be sweating and headed for the beach then the Lunatic Boob Al Gore will come charging out of his twenty room air conditioned house waving his Oscar screaming, spitting and bellowing about how we will all be dead in three days unless we get rid of our furnaces and SUV's, Leonardo Dicaprio will be sitting on the beach at Malibu with a ice loaded gin & tonic making phone calls telling people to shut their air conditioners off or the world will explode, Streisand will be turning all of her air conditioners UP to keep her fur coats cool, some guy in NYC will fry an egg on the hood of his car and Cute Perky Katie will start crying when they show it on the news, Ann Coulter will turn he air conditioner Up and laugh her a$s off, wino's will still be crapping under bridges, chickens will still be running around
    sh!tting in bedrooms down in Commie Cuba, dead bodies will still be floating around in the rivers of Stupid Backward Africa, over in France in a three room apartment there will be 23 Muslims making plans to Blow Up London on labor day, they will be sweating (it's August), back in Hot America Al (Mr President) Gore will still be racing around Connecticut waving his Oscar with his eyes bulging out screaming about the end of the world, Tipper has called the Men In the White Coats to come and take him to a “Rich Mans” private Air Conditioned Insane Asylum.

Washington DC (96 Degrees in the shade)
    Aunt Nancy & Little Weasel Reid are on TV telling all the people of America they will be dead by next Tuesday unless they "SHUT EVERYTHING OFF”

Boston Gardens (98 Degrees in the shade)
    Sitting on a bench with two squirrels is a big lanky long jawed goofball with a surfboard, he has medals pinned to his sweaty tee shirt, on the back of his tee shirt it says, “President Kerry” he is holding a sign saying, “I am a war hero” a women passes with a dog, the dog stops and sh!ts on the the goof’s foot, the long jawed goof says to the dog, “how the hell did that moron chimp beat me”, the dog then pi$ses on the goofs other foot.

Washington DC (97 degrees) Senator Kennedy’s Office:
    Senator Edward (Uncle Teddy) Kennedy and His son “Patches” are sitting in their underwear in Uncle Teddy’s office, Uncle Teddy is wearing his back brace, two 19 year old hookers have passed out on the floor, 36 empty Vodka bottles litter the desktop, the temperature in the office is 104 degrees, Teddy told Patches he “won’t use his air conditioner” he said he wants to help “save the world” and he said “when the people find out I didn’t turn my air conditioner on they may make me President” then the Senator starts crying and says to his drunken son, “you know if it wasn’t for that f-cking Mary Jo I would have been President” Patches says, “I know Daddy” then they both pass out, Over Dosed On Imported Russian Vodka.

Several Hollywood Wife Swappers shot themselves.

In the White House the air conditioners are humming, the President is eating popcorn and watching a movie, the President has a sweater on, and the Presidents Dog has his little sweater on also, one of the Presidents men comes in and says “Mr President, Crazy Al Gore has just been admitted to an Insane Asylum, Fonda Kerry is in a Boston Hospital suffering from Squirrel Bites, Hollywood people are all killing themselves and Sissy Jimmy Carter has vanished (flying saucer).

The President Of The United States Of America George W Bush sits back in his chair, then he Grins, Mumbles and Stutters.

The Following February 2008 (15 degrees below zero)
    The “Global Warming Geek Nuts” had to cancel their convention this week due to severe Blizzard Conditions.
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Math wasn't your strong suit, was it..?
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ever notice how the enviro-wackos always find a way to blame everything on global warming..?

We had a record warm January? That's because of global warming..!!
    We had a record cold February and March? That's because of global warming..!!
    No snow in Boston? That's because of global warming..!!
    Record snow in NY? That's because of global warming..!!
    20 hurricanes in 2005? That's because of global warming..!!
    2 hurricanes in 2006? That's because of global warming..!!
  10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

This is all moot, Pelosi already told us the debate is over about this. Global warming, almost solely due to selfish humans, is a fact. End of story. Thank you.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

What she really meant was, "selfish, christian, white, right wing, American Humans.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There's no such thing as the globe, stupid!
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +369 / 1 / -9

Sure there is it's a Bush Hating Liberal Newspaper in Boston.
    :bricks:
  14. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If it's so freakin warm why has everywhere I've been in the last 2 weeks reeking of snow. Ottawa...Toronto...Pittsburg...WASHINGTON DC...IN MARCH?

Screw Global Warming....Break out the Freon boys...bring on the heat:D
  15. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I was back in Mass this week, and it was absolutely freezing!!!! I say if humans are causing global warming, we ar not doing a good enough job. Everyone go out, start your cars, run your lawnmowers, start every gas tool you own, maybe if we all did this, the temperature will get above 10 degrees!!!!
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not sure if anyone mentioned it to you, but it's March in New England... it's gonna be cold for human for at least a few more centuries. But hey, let's raise the temps 10 degrees in a hurry if we can. 32 degrees will turn into 42 in March, while 100 degrees in July will turn into 110!
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Hey dude, as Pedro would say "where you been man?" :D
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Environmental problems aside, I'd gladly deal with 110 degree July if it meant a 42 degree March. I really hate the cold. :mad:
  19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I would have killed for 32 degrees the other night, it was -10 before the wind chill!!!!!!
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but you can't compare weather with climate. The two are totally UNrelated.

:rolleyes:

//