PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Early Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concussion that I could find in O'Callaghan's career happened 2 years ago. I also don't believe that his recent injury was a concussion but a neck stinger.

Yes, injuries could lead to a short career, but the Patriots have 3 candidates to replace O'Callaghan right now.

We can play the "Injury What-If" game until we are blue in the face, it won't change that the Patriots have 5 OTs signed not including Mankins.

O'C had a concussion earlier this season, and watching the replay against the Bears, O'C kind of bumped helmets with Urlacher and went down. Hopefully it was a neck injury as reported and not another concussion, but after the hit, he just kind of sat there looking dazed.

O'C had a concussion earlier this season, and watching the replay against the Bears, O'C kind of bumped helmets with Urlacher and went down. Hopefully it was a neck injury as reported and not another concussion, but after the hit, he just kind of sat there looking dazed.

Thanks for the update.

With Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan and Mankins signed through 2010, 2009, 2009, and 2009 respectively, why would you think they would draft a 1st round LT this year and have them sit on the bench for 2 years?

2010 for Light to spread out the bonus....no way Light remains a starting LT through 2010. Kaczur & O'Callaghan simply do not have the foot speed to play LT. Mankins could pull it off but why move him from where he is so dominant? Anyways....it's a long way off but I fully expect it...especially if the draft is dominated by defense again.

2010 for Light to spread out the bonus....no way Light remains a starting LT through 2010. Kaczur & O'Callaghan simply do not have the foot speed to play LT. Mankins could pull it off but why move him from where he is so dominant? Anyways....it's a long way off but I fully expect it...especially if the draft is dominated by defense again.

F.B.N. -
Until Light shows he can't play LT anymore, I have him penciled in there. Now, will he still be the starting LT in 2010, probably not. But, again, imho the Pats are not going to draft someone in the 1st round of 2007 to sit on the bench behind Light, Kaczur, and O'Callaghan. And those are the 3 that player would have to beat out before he saw the field. The Patriots have very good depth at OT right now with Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt, and Mankins on the roster currently and Bubin on the practice squad. Luckily, the Pats haven't been snake bit at the position the way they have every year under Belichick.

bills won't take troy smith in the 1st round....

smith is a great player, but too small to be playing qb...he's a 2nd-3rd round pick

F.B.N. -
Until Light shows he can't play LT anymore, I have him penciled in there. Now, will he still be the starting LT in 2010, probably not. But, again, imho the Pats are not going to draft someone in the 1st round of 2007 to sit on the bench behind Light, Kaczur, and O'Callaghan. And those are the 3 that player would have to beat out before he saw the field. The Patriots have very good depth at OT right now with Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt, and Mankins on the roster currently and Bubin on the practice squad. Luckily, the Pats haven't been snake bit at the position the way they have every year under Belichick.

Are you with me yet DaBruinz. No disrespect for Matt Light at all on my part...just a factual look at things. This warrior is slowing down and he has nothing to be ashamed of.

Personally, I think the Matt Light thread in the other forum is very disresectfull ... Light can still play 75% of the time.. but the grooming needs to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes