PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Eagles game was deliberate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to believe that but the fact is that Philly just brought a good game plan that was executed very well by the players....and refs!!??!!:D
Agreed! The Moss OPI was pathetic. A TD gives then a 10 point lead. Then things are easier.
What BB did was arrange a defense to take Westbrook out of the game. That succeeded. WR Lewis and a second string QB played the games of their lives to make it close. 9 times out of 10 that won't work.
The Eagles on the other hand had two safeties twenty yards back to take Moss out of the game. They did to some extent but left Welker to get a buck and a half...woops!. The easiest way to defeat that was have Moss doing crossing patterns over the middle like T.O. does (Josh take notes). The safeties either flow with him or let Stallworth and Gaffney behind them. Can't wait until the Pats see that "blueprint" again. Instead of "holding Brady down" to a mere 380 yards, it could be 500.
That and have the refs start calling "rape" on Moss. He was violated more than Britney with a few snorts.
The safeties are still our weakest area. Sanders played poorly and Gay was a 5th DB (cb/s depending) was at least close in coverage but did not make plays (our biggest need is still safety. Merriweather has got to be better than Sanders).
We have had few if any breaks from the zebras this year or this game and a field goal that was good, called bad to boot.
DW Toys

Certainly credit should not be given to the Eagles. We fans sometimes have a tough time remembering the Pats control everything.

Certainly credit should not be given to the Eagles. We fans sometimes have a tough time remembering the Pats control everything.

Are you even aware of how much most of the Pats fans admire and respect the Eagles for playing so well?? Guess not.

Last edited:
The Eagles game was the result of: The Patriots having clinched the division and a playoff spot earlier in the day.

Has anyone else pointed this out?

The Eagles game was the result of: The Patriots having clinched the division and a playoff spot earlier in the day.

Has anyone else pointed this out?
You are, im MY opinion, way off base. It was the TURKEY.

isn't it against military edict to be a douchebag in a theater of war?

My theroy that BB made the Eagles game so difficult was to potentially deflate the egos of the team. I mean you got players that are destroying other teams, so they might get a big head. BB kept MArony out until the 2nd half to make Brady and co work hard for a win to humble thewm. Thats my theroy anyway.

I said something like this yesterday, but in a different way. I just think BB had the team learning how to play in different ways. I feel he came out with the no huddle, to practice. the Patriots haven't been behind late in games much to beable to practice the no huddle. So he decided to come out and start the game that way to give them some experience.

IMO, Reid remembered what BB did to him in SB39: shut down Westbrook and let McNabb and TO (with his bad ankle) beat us.

It seemed that BB was doing the same thing last weekend. Only Reid used Westbrook as a decoy and decided to attack underneath the coverage. When the Pats adjusted, Philly took advantage of Gay/Hobbs/Jackson in single coverage, downfield. The last part concerns me.

Then again, the key was Westbrook. He leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage and is a true star player that any opposing team must game plan around. That was Philly's advantage over most of the Pats opponents.

i think there is a BIG different between keeping a game clsoe for ur team, and almost having them lose the game...

My theroy that BB made the Eagles game so difficult was to potentially deflate the egos of the team. I mean you got players that are destroying other teams, so they might get a big head. BB kept MArony out until the 2nd half to make Brady and co work hard for a win to humble thewm. Thats my theroy anyway.
So Cam Cameron should get coach of the year for keeping the egos of the Dolphins deflated?

Dumb dumb dumb

Remember everyone on the sidelines with big smiles during the Bills game? Week before media was saying the Pats are unbeatable, Brady was talking about killing teams and sounding sorta arrogant saying he'd love to have the opportunity to just pass........ BB gave him that opportunity and a slice of humble pie that he apparently needed.

Yes I give the Eagles credit for coming prepared, absolutely! I also am keeping my mind open and thinking that it's POSSIBLE that Belichick did let them stumble a little bit hoping that the offense could pull things out at the end to win the game.

Look at it this way, the goal isn't an undefeated season for the Patriots, it's to win championships and a possible loss to Philly wouldn't derail anything to teach them all a lesson. They wouldn't have lost home field if the possible lesson went to an extreme with a Philly upset.

Part of BB's job is to keep the team in line and focused, Monday we'll see the result and my sincerest apologies to anyone aghast at the thought that Bill Belichick would ever do anything unconventional to win a fourth Lombardi trophy.

I'm not saying it DID happen like that, just saying it's possible and at the end of the season or in his memoirs in 20 years we'd all be saying "Brilliant!" if he said it were so.

Sorta gives new meaning to "In BB we trust" if he did do that, doesn't it? ;)

We control our destiny this year, unlike the Geldings.

Put down the bong and step away from the keyboard!

BB toold them to go play bad defense?

he looked pretty mad talkign to Eddie Jackson

Just when I think I have seen it all on this site... :rolleyes:

So Cam Cameron should get coach of the year for keeping the egos of the Dolphins deflated?

Dumb dumb dumb

Just you wait. When they finish the year 1-15 after winning their final game, we'll be calling him a genius.

IDIOTIC. NO POSSIBLE WAY. I'D BET MY LIFE THAT THE "THEROY" IS FALSE.

Yes I give the Eagles credit for coming prepared, absolutely! I also am keeping my mind open and thinking that it's POSSIBLE that Belichick did let them stumble a little bit hoping that the offense could pull things out at the end to win the game.

Close it. CLOSE your mind. Please.

Remember everyone on the sidelines with big smiles during the Bills game? Week before media was saying the Pats are unbeatable, Brady was talking about killing teams and sounding sorta arrogant saying he'd love to have the opportunity to just pass........ BB gave him that opportunity and a slice of humble pie that he apparently needed.

Humble Pie for WHAT? He threw for almost 400 yards, a TD and won the game with a fourth quarter drive.

If you people make up stories like this in your normal lives then you are truly at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back