PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Eagles game was deliberate

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ELOrocks17

My theroy that BB made the Eagles game so difficult was to potentially deflate the egos of the team. I mean you got players that are destroying other teams, so they might get a big head. BB kept MArony out until the 2nd half to make Brady and co work hard for a win to humble thewm. Thats my theroy anyway.

I can't buy that. Belichick is too smart to ever put a game on the line for something like that. The team has been doing a good job concentrating on the games from week to week and there's no sign that they are getting big heads at all. No need for such antics. Maroney was out for the first half because there was no place for him in an all-pass, all-shotgun offense.

I'd like to believe that but the fact is that Philly just brought a good game plan that was executed very well by the players....and refs!!??!!:D

BB is the best coach in the nfl but we give him way too much credit sometimes like purposefully playing a bad game , purposefully doing videogate. Lets credit the opponent too sometimes...they are paid to play and coach as well. just because it wasnt a blowout doesnt mean it was intentional.

My theroy that BB made the Eagles game so difficult was to potentially deflate the egos of the team. I mean you got players that are destroying other teams, so they might get a big head. BB kept MArony out until the 2nd half to make Brady and co work hard for a win to humble thewm. Thats my theroy anyway.

What?????????

The Martians are coming.

your smoking some good stuff, you mean to tell me BB plays games like that, in the nfl which is very hard to win games, you have no clue my man, i guess he told Pees to tell the Defense to let them score so we can make it close?you have no clue my man, a coach has no control over the plays a player or players makes

I'd like to believe that but the fact is that Philly just brought a good game plan that was executed very well by the players....and refs!!??!!:D

I thought about that--but all we did was make stupid mistakes time and time again. I cant believe BB could be so stiemied.

Sure it was. Hey, BTW, have you heard about "the shadow roster"? Lots of people here have the inside scoop on that one too.

I agree it was deliberate. BB/DP deliverately took away Westbrook and deliberately decided that AJ Feeley couldn't beat them.

It was close, but they were right.

Wow, you are out there with that "theroy". But what is a theroy?

Yes, I believe this wholeheartedly. BB can also change weather patterns to his liking. Doesn't like to pull that one out too often, but if he needs to, he'll do it:rolleyes:

In any game we play, as long as the score is close ie up by 7 or 3 , the other team will always play knowing theyare only one score down. However once Pats go up by 2 scores than you can bet the other team will feel pressure of trying to play catchup. Thats why i thought and screamed when Randy's TD was called for PI !!! {another BS call against us } I knew there and than that the game would go to the wire. Had we gone up by 10 , the confidence and intensity of the Eagles would have disappeared right away. However a win is a win and that is what we got. Give credit to the Eagles for bringing their A+++ game and that Ref. for keeping the game close. Peace.

Theroy, Elvis Presley's long lost cousin, Theroy Presley.

Did he deliberately tell Randall Gay to have his worst game as a pro and also tell Rodney Harrison to keep making bad reads in the passing game when he was supposed to be the 'under' coverage while the outside cornerbacks were playing over the top of the receivers?

The only theory I really buy is that maybe Belichick holds back a little something in a regular season game versus a team he anticipates to play in the postseason. I don't think he anticipates playing the Eagles, so I don't think it fits here. I'm thinking of the Colts game, I have to imagine if we played them in the postseason, AD would factor more into the game plan - but as he was mildly injured, he created a game plan that did not use him. And that's not really holding back as much as being cautious, so its not a wacky conspiracy theory as much as common sense.

Last edited:
completely idiotic.

However, I do think that the Pats are treating games as practices, trying new things to test how certain formations will work against teams they may meet in the playoffs (ie..spreading the eagles out, who have a pass rush similar to the Steelers).

I'm sure we will see a game (maybe even Monday) where we do nothing but run.

The only theory I really buy is that maybe Belichick holds back a little something in a regular season game versus a team he anticipates to play in the postseason. I don't think he anticipates playing the Eagles, so I don't think it fits here. I'm thinking of the Colts game, I have to imagine if we played them in the postseason, AD would factor more into the game plan - but as he was mildly injured, he created a game plan that did not use him. And that's not really holding back as much as being cautious, so its not a wacky conspiracy theory as much as common sense.
OK, you just lent some credibility to this thread. Thanks for that.

As for revealing schemes and packages against certain teams, I believe with the game tape distribution to all teams, there is really nothing anyone can hide. I do believe teams roll out new schemes as the season progresses, but feel that BB will use anything the team has practiced as necessary to secure the win.

As for revealing schemes and packages against certain teams, I believe with the game tape distribution to all teams, there is really nothing anyone can hide. I do believe teams roll out new schemes as the season progresses, but feel that BB will use anything the team has practiced as necessary to secure the win.

Agreed. (10 char)

Piling on: I think the strategy was to flush out the various defensive schemes that can fluster our passing game (our main weapon) and use this game as a 'blueprint' (hehehe...couldn't resist) to be better prepared when we face similar defensive schemes in the playoffs.

My theroy that BB made the Eagles game so difficult was to potentially deflate the egos of the team.

Can I sell you a Jumbo-ARM at a really good rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes