Welcome to PatsFans.com

The e-mail rumor mill is run by conservatives

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

When it comes to e-mailed political rumors, conservatives beat liberals - The Washington Post

Will Medicare premiums go up nearly 2-1/2 times over the next two years in order to pay for the health-care legislation signed by President Obama last year?

Will Americans be subjected to international gun-control laws under a new U.N. treaty signed by Hillary Rodham Clinton? Is the president honoring Jane Fonda as one of the “women of the century”? Was suspected Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan an adviser to the Obama administration?

But it has become a truism that in their modern, Internet-driven form, these persistent narratives spread far faster and run deeper than ever. And they share an unexpected trait: Most of the time, Democrats (or liberals) are the ones under attack.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

CORRECTION: "The e-mail rumor mill is run by Liberals"

At least when a republican is POTUS.

Since a democrat is POTUS, the rumor mill is mainly republican.

Vote in a republican, and I guarantee you the vast majority of rumors will come from democrats and the ones who will "under attack" will be republicans.

See how this works Patters?
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

It was done, all through The Hated Bush Years, ten million photos were sent through the e-mail showing Bush with his little "Hitler Moustache" they Photoshopped Jenna Bush showing her "Vagina" they trashed Bush's Mother and they talked abpout Bush falling off his bike for 6 years.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

Maybe that's true, but I know just in my case, I've received a decent # of fear-mongering emails from relatives and friends, and almost all have been from Republicans -- mostly older relatives, now that I think about it.

Just 1 person's experience, though.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Wait till you see the e-mails you will be getting when Newt gets in.

:singing:
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

I guess you'd know, being an older republican -- but I'd think you guys would like Newt. :confused:
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Have pretty much always contended that the right rules the blogosphere.. whether it be Drudge, Big Gov't, Birther News, WND, Newsmax, Hot Air Townhall, Red State and the rest of them..

Columnists like Coulter, Malkin, David Limbaugh can pretty much say what they want and no one contests the validity of their claims..

The left has very little to compare itself to, and look like rookies.. playing nice is not gonna get you anywhere in today's world of half truth and hysteria.. gotta tell so some hardass lies, no one cares about the retraction on page 6 next week.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Newt will never get in, when they find out about him sneaking BJ's off of senate interns in the parking lot will turn him into a trivia question..