PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dungy thing is getting a little bit overblown

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilduce06410 said:
i'm a left winger, so what? you don't have to be left, right, or independent to offer a reasoned opinion on this subjext or on tedy bruschi's right calf muscle.

his coverage is beyond ridiculous, it's go to be oppressive. profit drives the TV industry, and the way you get profit is to have high RATINGS. everything we see on major tv is there because they think it'll get RATINGS. so today, the story has been excruciatingly covered. today, every minute you see of coverage, discussion, footage is exploitation of that family's grief for RATINGS. aka money.
the tv induustry gets hold of these stories and flogs them to death, 24 hours a day, till every rating point has been squeezed out of it. what about that poor girl in aruba, natalee ____? better yet, how come exxon/mobil reports $13 billion in profit for 3rd quarter 2005 and gets a tax cut?
if the dungy family wasn't accustomed to camera lights all the time they'd have asked for some respect by now. but it's part of the world theylive in and they may be de-sensitized to the whole thing.

Do you really think that on a football board people should give their political leanings? Wouldn't make for a better board if people kept their political thoughts to themselves and just post football or football related stuff? Or just some fun stuff?

I know everyone, except the trolls,are Patriots fans.That's really all thathI need to know about them. I don't wnat to know their political leanings or see political statements. If I wanted that, I would have joined one of the 1000 political sites on the internet.

I do think that more people on this board agree that politics should be kept out of the football board. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I do think that more people on this board agree that politics should be kept out of the football board. I may be wrong.
I agree 100%. The only reason I don't venture into the political forum here is because I come here to try to escape it. The name PATSFANS.com says it all. It's a shame there is a political forum here because it has obviously effected the way many posters interact with those of the opposite political persuasion. Although I suppose at least it usually keeps it off the Fan Forum board.

drew4008 said:
I'd rather not go all out on a Pats board...
Fine. Then don't say anthing to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back