Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Droid

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by SmokeShowin, Dec 4, 2009.

1. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Who here has the Droid by Verizon?

I was there the other day paying a bill and was checking them out. I noticed that there are 2 versions. One is by Motorola for $199 and one by HTC for $99. The only difference I could see between the 2 is that the Motorola has a slide out keyboard and the screen on the HTC is a tad bit smaller. Other than that they have all of the same features. I especially like the 5 megapixel camera.

For those with the phone:

-Which do you have, Motorola or HTC and do you know what the differences are other than what I mentioned?
    -How do you like the phone?
    -How is the call quality? I've heard tons of people say that they love the iphone but that the call quality is horrendous.
    -What does a monthly plan cost for one of these?

The reason I'm asking is that me and the GF have been in the market for new phones. I just saw in the newspaper that Verizon has a deal from now until Monday where you can get an HTC Droid free with the purchase of one.

I appreciate any feedback folks. Thanks in advance.

2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've heard bad reviews from the wifey, one of hoer co-workers has one, and it's not as smooth and nice as our Palm Pre's.

I swear by the Palm Pre right now, I love the WebOS, and the entire operation of the phone is just smooth. I espeically love the contact feature and how your phone merges all your firneds IMs, Emails, Phone #'s etc into one nice profile to manage.