PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft move I most want to see

Welcome from Hotlanta, as we set up for this Saturday's huge Florida/Alabama game. Another chance to see Mt. Cody in action against a quality opponent. Unlike last year's game, he looks much healthier for this year's game. The Birmingham News said he was down to 354 lbs. I think their scale is busted.

But back to the point I was going to make.

Even though the 2011 draft is looking thin, the pick from the Raiders should be kept. It will probably be a top 10 pick and the sophomore class this year is deep enough that this pick will represent good talent.

The throw away pick from the 2011 draft is our 1st rounder, I am assuming it is #32. Combine that pick with the 1st from 2010 and the three seconds and we have the fire power to move up the board and pick Cody and McClain.

Welcome from Hotlanta, as we set up for this Saturday's huge Florida/Alabama game. Another chance to see Mt. Cody in action against a quality opponent. Unlike last year's game, he looks much healthier for this year's game. The Birmingham News said he was down to 354 lbs. I think their scale is busted.

But back to the point I was going to make.

Even though the 2011 draft is looking thin, the pick from the Raiders should be kept. It will probably be a top 10 pick and the sophomore class this year is deep enough that this pick will represent good talent.

The throw away pick from the 2011 draft is our 1st rounder, I am assuming it is #32. Combine that pick with the 1st from 2010 and the three seconds and we have the fire power to move up the board and pick Cody and McClain.

I don't see trading up that aggressively as being BB's style. And if he does, I think a pass rusher (Derrick Morgan) and a 3-4 DE (Cameron Heyward) are more likely than Cody and McClain right now, though both are good players.

I'd love to see you make a mock offseason (FA + first two rounds of the 2010 draft).

If we can't get Hayward then I would really like to see us get Toby gerhart....He gives you the all everything back and HE WON'T DANCE IN THE FREAKING HOLE!!!!! I really like Gerhart plus he can block and catch the ball out of the backfield.....He is truly a 3 down back and with his size and toughness he shouldn't be any injury problem either....

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back