Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Domino Effect + The Holy See

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Dublin's catholic archdiocese confirmed on Wednesday that auxiliary bishops Eamonn Walsh and Ray Field tenders for resignation, which were submitted to Pope Benedict XVI on Christmas Eve 2009, were turned down.

A Report (The Murphy Report) by Commission of Investigation into the handling by Church and State authorities of allegations and suspicions of child abuse against clerics of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin, was critical of how the aforementioned auxiliary bishops handled complaints made to the church.

Both auxiliary bishops rejected initial calls for their resignations, however, mounting pressure from survivors, the public as well as the continuous media coverage forced them to change their decisions.

Two other bishops named in the Murphy Report – Bishop Donal Murray and Bishop Jim Moriarty had their offers of resignation accepted by the Vatican. A fifth bishop named in the report, Bishop Martin Drennan of Galway, has continued to resist calls for his resignation.

The Archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, would not be commenting on the Vatican’s decision to not accept the resignations, said a spokeswoman for the Archbishop.

It is believed that Senior Vatican figures are worried about the possible “domino effect” that could occur from this current set of tendered resignations and this may have influenced the pontiff’s decision.

Pope refuses to accept resignation of two Irish bishops | Epoch Times

I'd be more worried about the pizzed off parishioner effect if I were them.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

"Holy See"...:rofl:...More like "Evil Blind"! The corruption in the church will lead to it's fall in the developed nations of the world. It's how they have always operated. Ireland is now sophisticated enough to see through the farce that is the HRCC and their freak show known as the Vatican.

The Pope and his perverted minions will turn their attention to Africa and Latin America and other poor, desperate, uneducated people who don't know or care what they're getting into. Throw them some clothes and bread and they'll believe any amount of bullsh!t. More fresh meat for the raping.

It's amazing how the Catholics continue to support this criminal organization. People who are otherwise good and rational folks can't seem to free their minds of this 1600 year-old pile of crap.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I was raised Catholic and it breaks my heart to see what is happening, it really does.

The religion itself is sound - it's well meaning and it's good and it could be so much more than it's become.

I simply don't understand it, Wistah, I really don't.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

From a Catholic who was thrown out because of a divorce.. this whole thing is sickening...

The Catholic Church seems to be living in the insulated, rarified world of "I am better than all of you", while in reality they are still not policing themselves and due to their inactions are complicit..

Just when you think you have heard it all, and it may finally end.. it does not and just continues due to the ineptitude of sanctimonious men who really believe that they are right, and if criticized they can then label the criticizers as "unholy" men or women..

When I read stuff like this, "Magdalena Diaries" comes to mind...
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Sodomizing Children
    Beheading Screaming Human Beings
    ALL COMMITED BY "GOD WORSHIPERS"

Dirty Filthy Child Molesters
    Dirty Filthy Savage Killers
    "GOD WORSHIPERS"
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

I have always said here that there is nothing wrong with any religion. All problems stem from the dangerous animal known as human beings. We like to think of ourselves as normal...heck, everyone wants to be as normal as can be. But the reality is, we all have things we don't want others to know about.

Sadly, much of our wierdness is not our fault. No one can help or control the thoughts and urges we have. But in the end, we are and must be respsonsible for our actions.

To me, the greatest curse of human-ness is the thought, "It won't happen to me". The reality is, there is as much chance anything will happen to me as the person standing beside me.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Once again, Harry, let me point out just in case this will be the one thim where it actually sinks it - not all "God Worshipers" are child molesters, beheaders, or savage killers. In fact MOST "God worshipers" are good, kind, decent human beings.

This is not a thread about "God Worshipers." This is a thread about 2 specific bishops and their boss - that's it. Nothing else. It's not a commentary on the rank and file Catholics. It's not claiming that the majority of Catholics are filthy smelly savages - on the contrary, it is all about how they are NOT those things and how sad it is that a small number of people hide behind their religion even though they are definitely NOT practicing that religion.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You are mistaken, IMO. It is much more than three people. It includes all of those abused sexually, mentally and materially. It is a system as old as the abuse of power by leaders is, and the leaders of the church depend on such oversimplifications like "This is a thread about 2 specific bishops and their boss - that's it. Nothing else."

This is a systematic flaw derived from when belief in the supernatural falls victim to the inevitable reliance on the human desire to be led. It's easier to be led than to lead. That's how the scum rises to the top in the church. Rarely if ever, has a good person come to the pinnacle of a religion. The Dali Lama maybe? You can count Jesus, if he was allowed to become a reformer of the Jewish faith of his time, I guess. Good people are seen as weak and rebellious too often. Those in power will crush the reformers much more often than not, as Jesus learned the hard way.

In religions, whether they be the belief in supernatural events and characters or the belief in a cult of personality like Mao or Rush, the belief in the head figure is crucial to the success of the scum that seeks to control the believers. Snakes like the pope, ayatollah or Benny Hinn use this desperate need in people to have natural events explained to them in simple terms to become rich and powerful within their flock. They then use this power to abuse their position.

When the flock is given FACTS about their leaders and does nothing, that's when the responsibility of the members of the flock to hold their leaders accountable becomes important. Like you, I am amazed and dumbfounded about how a highly educated American, who has a tradition of democratic principles and civic responsibility, seems to be able to suspend their ability to think critically and respond proactively to these evil charlatans. Not only do they abuse their children, but they are pompously defiant about it and ask for money to continue the defense of their crimes. On top of all that, they have the nerve to insist on tax-exempt status, which is, in effect, stealing money from everyone, believers or not, who pays taxes.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

I made no mention of "ALL" what I did say was that those Child Molesters and Those Savage Head Hunters were "God Worshipers" I said nothing of ALL god worshipers.

You truly are the master of The Spin, I tip my hat to you>