PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Difference in the Hurricanes Series

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think the difference was that the hurricanes have a deeper defense. Seidenberg, Pitkanen, Gleason, Corvo, Babchuk are all pretty good puck moving defenseman. You guys were without Hunwick and Ferrence so your only good D-men in the series were Chara and Ward. without the other two it really hurt.

canes over pitt

chicago over detroit

Last edited:
The Bruins losing doesn't surprise me. They lost to Montreal in 7 last year, they lost to the Hurricanes this year despite being the favorites. Of the Boston teams, the Bruins have long been the black sheep in the playoffs. They have to work to change that image, not the other way around. I don't see the Hurricanes being able to stop Crosby and the Pens. They have a nice team though, they deserved the series win.

i thought it was a great series...the Bruins are relevent again and have improved over the last two years. Hopefully we can build on this and improve. We have a very good mix of young studs and vets. I am very pleased with the season.

The bruins defense lacks puck movers. They are good in the defensive zone, which is obviously the most important aspect of the position, but they lack the overall ability to work the puck up, and out of the zone. The only puck mover they have is Wideman. Chara isn't a genuine puck mover from the back line. He's an offensive weapon in other ways, just not that way. Hunwick was a big loss for this reason. Next to Wideman, he was their second best QB from D. Ward, Stuart, Montador, and Hnidy are traditional defensemen. Ferrence hurts too, since it would mean that Montador or Hnidy wouldn't be on the ice. If the B's had Hunwick and Ferrence, this series would have been over in 6 games max. Montador sucks IMO. He's a servicable player, but should never be on the ice as much as he is. He's always in the way. Think about it this way. Anaheim was battling for it's playoff life, and it traded Montador away. How good could he be, if a team in that situation, traded him. I don't mean to pick on him, cuz injuries have put him in a more prominent role, but it is what it is. The Bruins need to add a some offense to the back line for next year. With Sturm coming back, they could move a forward out, and get someone in.

The Bruins losing doesn't surprise me. They lost to Montreal in 7 last year, they lost to the Hurricanes this year despite being the favorites. Of the Boston teams, the Bruins have long been the black sheep in the playoffs. They have to work to change that image, not the other way around. I don't see the Hurricanes being able to stop Crosby and the Pens. They have a nice team though, they deserved the series win.

Last year Montreal was the favorite though. This year was also the first time the Bruins made it out of the first round since 99.

Comparing teams when a series goes to OT in a 7th game is useless imo. It cames down to a lucky break/bounce and thats it.

A lot of youth on the team which is a good thing. I think the team will be money for years to come as long as the GM stays and the owner stays out of it.

I'm so glad they didn't trade Kessel and draft picks for Marcel Hossa. Kessel is going to be a stud. We also got Sturm coming back next year as well as almost everyone signed so I think we have a bright future ahead.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back