PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The difference between the Ravens and the Patriots

You're mad about everything. Go watch a Super Bowl video or something.

You know that's a horrible quote, and it makes you want to hit Lewis with a chair. Don't you lie.

I'm sorry, but OJ was even more innocent than Lewis.

Sorry for what: basing your opinion on an almost-complete ignorance of the facts of the Ray Lewis case?

Lewis was never accused of committing either murder: Not by the DA, not by the police. Their whole case was built around the claim that he was a participant in the fight, during which the 2 victims were murdered. It fell apart when they couldn't produce any credible witness.

He plead guilty to obstruction, because that's exactly what he was guilty of.

Also, it may interest you to know what Ken Allen, the Lead Homicide Detective in the case had to say:

“The focus of the case was Ray Lewis, not necessarily because of the evidence but because he was a celebrity,” said Allen. “It was like they were star struck and saw this as a case that could make a career.”

“I don’t think Ray Lewis ever should have been charged with murder,” Allen said. “I don’t think he committed a murder. He would not have stabbed anybody. He had no reason to stab anybody"

Former Atlanta Detective Says Ray Lewis Shouldn’t Have Been Charged With Murder | The Quinton Report

But I guess you know better, eh?

Thanks for directly ripping off my quote from yesterday.

Sorry for what: basing your opinion on an almost-complete ignorance of the facts of the Ray Lewis case?

Lewis was never accused of committing either murder: Not by the DA, not by the police. Their whole case was built around the claim that he was a participant in the fight, during which the 2 victims were murdered. It fell apart when they couldn't produce any credible witness.

He plead guilty to obstruction, because that's exactly what he was guilty of.

Also, it may interest you to know what Ken Allen, the Lead Homicide Detective in the case had to say:

“The focus of the case was Ray Lewis, not necessarily because of the evidence but because he was a celebrity,” said Allen. “It was like they were star struck and saw this as a case that could make a career.”

“I don’t think Ray Lewis ever should have been charged with murder,” Allen said. “I don’t think he committed a murder. He would not have stabbed anybody. He had no reason to stab anybody"

Former Atlanta Detective Says Ray Lewis Shouldn’t Have Been Charged With Murder | The Quinton Report

But I guess you know better, eh?

I don't know what happened that night. I do know that he settled with the victims' families before the civil trial. Why does no one seem to care about this?

Anyway, I'm out. Too busy reading about our own one-man-crimewave.

The Patriot cut their scumbag loser murdering thugs while the Ravens defend them and make them into effen heroes

People are going to point out the obvious differences in the two situations - and there are differences. The two situations would be much more comparable had Hernandez flipped on his friends and not the other way around.

I think, at the end of the day, the difference between the fans up here and down there is we're not going to fall the laughable, pious, spiritual BS crap that Lewis conjured up to rescue his image. I can't vouch for the education system down in Baltimore, but apparently they are churning out suckers. I doubt Ray Lewis' image would've endured the controversy without his charismatic fire & brimstone personality.

I don't know what happened that night. I do know that he settled with the victims' families before the civil trial. Why does no one seem to care about this?

Because settling doesn't equate to guilt (yes, Virginia, innocent people sometimes do settle if it's a less painful option).

I think, at the end of the day, the difference between the fans up here and down there is we're not going to fall the laughable, pious, spiritual BS crap that Lewis conjured up to rescue his image.

News flash: he never had to "rescue" his image in Baltimore, because people here saw the incident for what it was: grandstanding by an incompetent prosecutor after an incident where a group of thugs (the dead guys' group) started a fight that Ray Lewis didn't participate in. What he needed to do was change his image in the rest of the country, and he was spectacularly successful. So now you can tell us that the whole country is populated with suckers.

News flash: he never had to "rescue" his image in Baltimore, because people here saw the incident for what it was: grandstanding by an incompetent prosecutor after an incident where a group of thugs (the dead guys' group) started a fight that Ray Lewis didn't participate in. What he needed to do was change his image in the rest of the country, and he was spectacularly successful. So now you can tell us that the whole country is populated with suckers.

I'm not going to argue about the facts of the case, it's irrelevant now, and you obviously have your biases. But I have zero problem telling you that the whole country is populated with suckers. It largely is. Most people are suckers.

I can say definitively that Massachusetts, specifically, is largely a skeptical, secular area, and that Ray Lewis' shtick NEVER would've flown up here. And it didn't fly. Lewis was unpopular and considered a tool here long before our rivalry with Baltimore was significant.

Because settling doesn't equate to guilt (yes, Virginia, innocent people sometimes do settle if it's a less painful option).

Yep, when sued for murder, truly innocent people tend to choose to settle instead of completely clearing their name.

I do have to give you props, RG. We clearly disagree, but you've argued your point without being a troll douche. So high five.

I'm not going to argue about the facts of the case, it's irrelevant now, and you obviously have your biases.

And I'm sure you believe you have none. Thanks for admitting that you think the facts of the case are irrelevant.

This always makes Pats fans look good in the wake of one of their ex-superstars being investigated for a homicide. A self righteous, holier than thou thread. Great job, Lifer! :puke:

I do have to give you props, RG. We clearly disagree, but you've argued your point without being a troll douche. So high five.

For someone who's experienced Steelers and Browns message boards, this place is like an oasis, so I wouldn't want to wear out my welcome.

And I'm sure you believe you have none. Thanks for admitting that you think the facts of the case are irrelevant.

Did I say the facts of the case were irrelevant? No. I merely acknowledged I would make no headway with you in that regard. It's rather obvious your opinion on the matter is set, so why would I argue with you? That would be rather silly of me.

What I can argue is that yes, this area would have reacted to the Ray Lewis situation differently than what happened in the Baltimore fanbase - for a lot of reasons. I think most people who have lived here for any length of time would come to that conclusion.

This always makes Pats fans look good in the wake of one of their ex-superstars being investigated for a homicide. A self righteous, holier than thou thread. Great job, Lifer! :puke:

Kontra, how does what Hernandez did reflect poorly on Patriots fans? He had a lot of smart people fooled, including Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft. It's no indictment on our fanbase that we rooted for a guy who turned out to lead a double life.

Because as heinous as it is to cover up for your friends involvement in a murder actually planning and executing a cold blooded murder is much much worse. You guys can pretend it is analogous all you want but you just look like idiots.

I don't buy that.

cut from the same cloth if you ask me.

the fact that in one of those cases, the person involved became a preachy condescending douche may colour my perception just a little.
And now we get to listen to him every week.

PASS Me the sickbag please.
I can see where the point scoring over both incidents is seen to be in bad taste. Granted.

So I'll step out now.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back