Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Difference a Year Makes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Back in October Last, Sarah said if

she had her way, the McCain campaign and the Republican National Committee would not be flooding battleground states with automated phone calls tying Barack Obama to former radical William Ayers, as they have done over the last week.

Several top Republicans, including Senators Susan Collins and Norm Coleman, have condemned the tactic. Asked about those criticisms, Palin at first dismissed the matter as "inside baseball stuff" and said it's "some of the campaign top brass’s call on that."

But when asked if she would approve the use of robocalls if she were running the campaign, Palin said she’d probably chart a different course.

She went on to say

"If I called all the shots, and if I could wave a magic wand," Palin said, "I would be sitting at a kitchen table with more and more Americans, talking to them about our plan to get the economy back on track and winning the war, and not having to rely on the old conventional ways of campaigning that includes those robocalls, and includes spending so much money on the television ads that, I think, is kind of draining out there in terms of Americans' attention span.

"They get a bit irritated with just being inundated," she continued, "and you're seeing a lot of that of course with the huge amounts of money that Barack Obama is able to spend on his ads and his robocalls also."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin says voters ‘irritated’ by robocalls - Blogs from CNN.com

However, in October Now, Sarah is singing a different tune:

If you live in Virginia the next phone call you receive is liable to say the following:

“Virginia, hello, this is Sarah Palin calling to urge you to go to the polls Tuesday and vote for Sarah’s principles. The eyes of America will be on Virginia and make no mistake about it, every vote counts. So don’t take anything for granted, vote your values on Tuesday, and urge your friends and family to vote, too.”

Interestingly enough, The Repbulican candidate says he knew nothing about these calls, he had requested that Sarah not participate in his campaign and the calls are being financed by something called the Virginia Faith and Freedom Coalition.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin robocalls urge Virginians to ‘vote for Sarah’s values’ - Blogs from CNN.com

A few days ago I would have said that robocalls didn't ever work....today I've changed my mind.

I wasn't going to vote tomorrow, frankly I don't like either candidate all that much and The Rep. pretty much had a lock on it anyhow, but Sarah's right for once....I AM "irritated enough." Tomorrow I'm voting for Creigh Deeds.

Thanks, Sarah, for reminding me of my civic duty.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

SSarha says a lot of things like, I want 100K if you want me to speak.

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You're only voting because Sarah Palin changed her mind about robocalls?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

THE DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES:

A year on from a historic election, the spirit of popular goodwill that yielded America's first black president has retreated to tepid support for Barack Obama as he presses his change agenda.
    Since the November 4 poll, Obama's visage has been everywhere, conspicuously on the streets of the nation's capital where millions of foreign and domestic tourists have visited over the past year, many of them snatching up poignant souvenirs.

A quick look around downtown Washington confirms that the Obama trinkets are still for sale, but more than one strategically placed street hawker have found little point in displaying the T-shirts, posters, and "Yes We Can" buttons bearing the new president's image.

"They stay in the truck," grumbled a vendor who identified himself as "Dick," as he pointed to a rusty vehicle behind him. "They don't sell anymore."

Indeed, Obama's honeymoon with the American people lasted less than six months.
    One year on, Obamamania gives way to luke warm support

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

No, I'm voting because she urged me to - and she urged me to vote "her principals" as if I didn't have any of my own.

As she said in her robocall - every vote counts and if enough people remember their own values and reject her and her hypocritical ones maybe Deeds really CAN win this one.

I hope someone asks me why I voted this time, I really do.

I kinda feel sorry for McDonnell - he turned her offer of "help" down in the beginning of his campaign and he had very good reasons to do so - I guess the Rogue in her wouldn't let her honor his request. Or maybe she just thinks she's more popular than she is.

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Did you actually get one, or is this more bull**** from you?

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Sarah Palin
    Nobody in politics during my lifetime has generated so much hate and fear into that filthy world of the politician liars, cheats and crooks as this women Palin has done God what a threat they must see in her, this women did nothing but smile and walk out onto a stage and immediately she recieved a twenty minute standing ovation that alone was enough to set those Phony Democrat Bastards on fire, the very next day a team of their best scumbag hit men were up in Alaska going through the Palin familys garbage bags in the middle of the night.

We often hear in the media and right here on this forum how terrible it is mention the politicians children but they sure didn't let that bother them with her kids, that creepy old fool letterman ruined his career try to insult her.

I don't know if I would vote for this women or not but it sure will be fun to watch her send millions of Liberal Dingobats running to their Shrinks.

GO GET EM SARAH

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Yep, I did...although honestly I don't know what difference it would make - does everything you gripe about actually happen to you?

No, it isn't - I seldom spout "bull****." You must have me mixed up with someone else here who doesn't care if they speak the truth or source the information.

9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,335 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Sarah Palin ... Sarah Vaughan

[​IMG]
    Love Sarah Vaughan ... Sarah Palin ... :eek:

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Well the calls Palin referred to last year appear to be negative attack calls linking BO to his terrorist friend. OTOH the calls Palin are involved in are positive calls supporting a candidate who share her view of limited government, perhaps you missed the difference.

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Actually, he doesn't share her views and he's said so....perhaps you missed the part where I said he's refused her help in the recent past.

It does take a certain amount of chutzpah to campaign for a person who's specifically asked you not to, doesn't it?

Perhaps you also missed the part that had nothing to do with William Ayers and where Sarah said if she had her way the party wouldn't "rely on the old conventional ways of campaigning that includes those robocalls."

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Given her success in getting Dede to drop out infavor of Hoffman and her influence is slowing down the takeover of the nealthcare system since leaving office using facebook I ouwl call her anything but conventional. Effective yes.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Um, Dede didn't drop out in favor of "Hoffman," she dropped out and threw her support (and her voters) behind the democratic candidate.

As for Palin slowing down the "takeover of the health care system," it's not a "takeover" it's a "reform," and what Palin did was spout a bunch of flat-out lies and miserable and misworded half truths which did nothing more than scare the pants off of the most vunerable of old people.

Regardless of how "effective" you might care to call it, it's hardly a tactic to be proud of, is it?

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Did she tell you about the free offer over at Newsmax, if you subscribe to their well thought out and factual newsletter, you get a free copy of "Going Rogue" along with a free copy of the Playgirl with the Levy Johnston nude shots... ???

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I'll tell you something very stupid about American politics and those citizens who choose to be aligned with one party or the other. People actually get pissed off that a sitting president's popularity goes down (if he's from their party). Oddly enough, there are millions of democrats who don't want to hear president Obama's popularity is declining significantly and they'll defend it with several explanations as if he's some sort of family member or something.

I say, who cares one way or the other if his "popularity" is increasing or decreasing....IT'S NOT IMPORTANT FOLKS! The only thing that is important is the direction the country is headed and current events. As all the sheep line up in unison with the party line arguments to explain away the why's of his decline in popularity. But "Why" isn't important. None of this stuff is important.

I always wonder why people want the president THEY voted for to succeed AND why those who didn't vote for him want him to fail. Both kinds of people are reprehensible and do not represent the American democratic spirit. They BOTH represent divisiveness and contempt.

You heard it here first folks.....

(If you'd like to make a counter-point, please address my points directly)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I'm going to vote this thread the THIRD dumbest one of of the day, right behind the "I HATE {insert political ideology here}" threads we currently got going. Sorry, third place is the best you can we can do today.

You do however get top honors for the "Noone really gives a s**t that Sarah Palin inspired you vote for the Democrat in your local backwater election" award though. So, congrats on that. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't come in here often during the season, but being the bye week and all............. Is this really our level of discourse in here these days. :confused:

SAD.

17. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not to start a pissing comtest but scaring the pants off of old people is not a tactic unique to Sarah Palin or republicans.

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Considering you've personally been involved in two out of the three of them what conclusions are we supposed to draw?

19. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

LOL, backfire: unintended consequences of certain attacks.

LOL part two: I was in Walmart yesterday and had to chuckle as I watched a guy walkig towards me with one of those "I'm with stupid" t-shirts. He was by himslef, of course:singing:(not calling anyone here stupid, BTW)

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

I don't take pols at their word, the language in the bill make it clear that the goal is single payer and private insurance plans will be put out of business with obscene taxes.

You may have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday mnay of us haven't.