Welcome to PatsFans.com

the Democratic Debate: Joe Biden!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I thought Biden really stood out. He seemed like a President. Edwards all of the sudden is Mr Aggressive. Clinton was solid. Obama was too. the others are just not in the same league.

For that reason, i thought it was a huge night for Biden, he showed he belongs in the race.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Richardson, by far, won this debate. He is the most presidential of all those who took the stage, not to mention the other 72 Democrat candidates who couldn't fit into the room.

Dennis Kunichki (sp.) was also darn strong. Everybody needs to look at these guys for their "not already in the pockets of some lobby" quality.

Biden was also terrific. The rest were just reading from Hollywood scripts. You could see their directors talking to them from backstage. Pathetic.

//
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Richardson? Pah! This clown was asked what his #1 priority and what was his answer? Was it education or health care?? I forget. Either way, it shows how and why Dems continue to lose election after election. This guy is a pathetic little skidmark on the underwear of US electoral politics.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I only saw about an hour of the debate last night as I had a softball game, and like I felt after watching the Repub's, I think we're fukced. That Dodd guy is a maroon. What did he say? 50 mpg CAFE standards? Hillary is clearly the Dem version of Romney. She's tall, has a strong arm....Edward's is a total fraud. To hear him talk abotu healthcare was comical. Richardson was trying hard, and he's got a pretty good record, but he didn't do himself much last night. Biden has always been strong, but that strength is also his downfall. He sometimes doesn't know when to STFU. Obama is clearly the best candidate on the Dem side. His only problem is his inexperience. He didn't do too well in answering the question about the VA.
  5. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

On Meet the Press yesterday they were all speculating on a Gore/Obama ticket and how that is the talk in all the inner circles, that Gore will wait for the public to get dissatisfied with the choices in the fall and then jump in.

Gore makes up for Obamas inexperience and Obama livens up the ticket.

for Clinton, Obama, or Edwards, either Biden or Richardson would make perfect sense as the VP.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I didn't see the debate, but I did read that Biden did very well. The problem for him is that he's kind of past his prime, has a lot of baggage, and has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth. Too bad Richardson didn't do well. He seems like a pretty decent guy. The pundits seem to think that Hillary didn't hurt herself, Obama did a better job in the last debate by being specific, and Edwards went on the offensive. I'd be reasonably happy with any of the three frontrunner, though Hillary is my last choice. Hillary seems convinced that if she changes her tune on Iraq, it will set the stage for later attacks that a woman isn't strong enough or consistent enough to be president. Women politicians do face an uphill battle; that said, I'm not sure if Hillary's version of the Iron Lady (Margaret Thatcher) will fly here.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Gore/Obama, the Republicans will love that one.
  8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

keep in mind, Gore got more popular votes than Bush, and now Bush is at all time lows and Gore is more popular than he was before. Add Obama to that......

im just saying......
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Obama would be doing himself a disservice. People will run away from Al Gore. People want something new, not the same old names. I could see the Dems doing that, since they seem to think two names makes a ticket better than one. That would be a mistake ticket like Edwards/Kerry was.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Obama was stellar on CNN tonight. I didn't see Hillary portion, but Obama was very good.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, so you don't care about health care in America. Figures.

//
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hillary couldn't carry Maggie Thatcher's pantyhose.

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I PRAY (uh, is that allowed here??) that AlGore runs. I pray for it every day.

After all, he DID invent the internet. Not to mention he knows when the sky is falling, and when it isn't.

(Hint: the sky only falls when *OTHER* people drive their SUVs and run electricity 19 times more than the average U.S. house-hold; when Al does it, it is "A-OK, part of 'gettin the message out'". Gotta love his logic. ;) )

//