PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Defense: What are the issues at halftime in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't claim to be any sort of expert on D but I've just been looking at some stats and along with what I've seen with my own eyes it just doesn't add up for me. I'm interested in other peoples thoughts ergo a new thread.

We have a lot of people on here who continually throw the secondary under a bus but when you look at games and you see some QBs have all day to make a completion then you cannot blame the secondary all the time.

So having looked at stats and seen how good this defense has become against the run I want to hear peoples thoughts on the pass rush and the the secondary.

When I think of the players, Vince Wilfork having another stellar season, Spikes having an excellent season, Jermaine Cunningham have improved so much and the stud that is Chandler Jones I am thinking that this front seven is just real good. The problem is that they have 17 sacks through 8 games which is pretty mediocre at best.

Where do you see the problems with the defense? Why are they not getting more sacks?

Anybody know if there is some place you can get stats for pressuring/hurrying the QB?

.... you're only gonna be beating a dead horse by making this thread.

I think with a bit of help from the officials Jones has 3 or more sacks. Hopefully the sack figures and actual pressure imrove in the second half of the season.

Well it's hard to have a good pass rush if you only have one good pass rusher.

They rarely blitz and our four man front isn't really built for bringing the heat constantly. There's just Jones and whatever Ninko/Cunningham provide.

Well it's hard to have a good pass rush if you only have one good pass rusher.

I think they are getting there. Niko is emerging as a forced fumble machine and he is starting to work on the same page as his bookend Jones.

With some improved secondary play and a more aggressive scheme we can hope for more improvement in the qb pressures.

Does anyone have a good website that keeps track of QB pressures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back