Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Decency Police Think "$#*!" Is Indecent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by apple strudel, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I sh1t you not. This is the ****1ng stupidest bullsh1t I have ever heard. I mean, who the f*ck gets their panties in a bunch over a g0ddamned symbol the represents some sh1tty swear word? F4ck!

Decency group calls $#*! indecent too

(That said, the fact that we can see people beating the ever loving tar out of each other on TV with all the really nasty injuries that go along with said activities and yet there' not a t1t to be found is the stupidest thing I've ever thought about outside of posts in this forum. More sex on TV, please. And not the 12 year old titillation kind.)
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Why Conservatives, of course!!!

Whadda ya expect? The "Decency Group's" founder is Pat Buchanan's nephew. He is also a prominent conservative activist who has, among other things, served as Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee, a political action committee that has supported the election of dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years and thge president of the National Conservative Political Action Committee
  3. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ha ha ha ha! I'm going to be extra indecent tonight in this guy's honor! :rocker:
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

And people complain about the "Nanny State".. this WTF moment brought to you by Pat and his lusty comrades... :confused::confused::confused:
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, the liberal moderator of this group recently gave me a warning for circumventing the language filter, which you have done 7 times in the above paragraph alone.

But don't worry. Forum rules don't apply to liberals, so you are in no danger of getting an infraction. You are allowed to do something that the rest of us get infractions for.
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You have got to be kidding me. Patters has been all over my 4ss lately while PF13's been doing his best to get caught up on the Scientific Method.

I've got the infractions and PMs to prove it. Do you want to see them?
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

Highly recommend checking out this twitter feed -- very funny stuff (and you don't need to join twitter to read it)

Book is good, too
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +543 / 2 / -9

Two great movies to watch with the wife and kids and lots of popcorn,
    1 Scarface
    2 Goodfellas
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No comment.
    Well, when you get the infraction for circumventing the language filter, let us know.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I watched a movie about Lenny Bruce many years ago. It chronicled the many times he was arrested for the indecent speech he used in his routines. I remember one scene of him on stage during a comeback performance where he talked about it. There were many police in the aisles waiting for him to slip up but he "behaved" by circumventing the language. One example was when he asked the date of a guy in the audience if she ever "blahed his blah" and then pointed out that that was one of the dirtiest things he could say but could say it anyway.....but because of the laws he couldn't say the "f" word if he hit his thumb with a hammer for example. Point taken but at the same time a line needs to be drawn someplace, doesn't it? It is on this message board, no? And words are symbols are they not? So if the symbols communicate the thought for the word then the symbols are fair game aren’t they? Can you write and say anything you want in any forum you want whenever you want to?
  11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Good point about Lenny Bruce. It reminds me of writers circumventing the Hayes code with double entendre. I love the noirs with dialogue full of sexual innuendo.

That said, there's nowhere to draw the line since safe words refer to the exact same things that the dirty words do, only with subtler shades of meaning. Depicted parents can say doody all they want, but if a character says "I've got to take a sh1t" it's verboten. Replace with "I've got to take a doody" and it's probably allowed. Writers and producers are literally in a place where they're bargaining with censors on which words can be kept and which ones can't - writers add a couple of "4ssholes" so they have greater bargaining power for the "b1tch" they really want to keep. It's asinine.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 3 / -13

Ah! Confirmation that I'm not CONSERVATIVE! I could care less about swearing on television.

I'd love to see more f***ing but I want it on standard, non-pay channels!!!
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +883 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Allahu Akbar to them ... :p

Brings to mind a story from a biker friend of mine.

He bought a metal band CD at Walmart ... didn't realize all their CD's are the edited versions.

So he takes it back ... tells the customer service rep the CD had no swearing in it.

She's tells him ... yes that is Walmart policy ... they buy the ones where it is removed.

He then asked her why then is it the same price ...

Walmart is supposed to be more for less ... not less for the same. :p:p:p
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

You've only gotten 1 infraction mr clueless. a warning is not an infraction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.