PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The De facto Co-ordinaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Who are the De Facto Offensive and Defensive Co-ordinaters?

Bill O'Brien the QB coach was calling the plays last season, I believe. His first yea doing so since the vacancy opened. I think everyone thinks it was a mixed bag. Belichick didn't move him up to De Jure OC.. Is he still on probation?

What can we expect from him?

Dean Pees left. Who is the De Facto Defensive Co-ordinater? Belichick said he would be working more closely with the Defense. Whatever that means. Meanwhile Corwin Brown has been added to the roster of Coaches. He is listed simply as a defensive coach but no specific area was assigned to him. What are his duties?

-I thought McDaniels was terrible his first season but was pretty good in 2007 until the super bowl. However, McDaniels gets a ton of credit for what he did with Matt Cassel in 2008.

-I don't expect much change from their defense as they still don't have the right players for the scheme. Speaking of their scheme, I don't like it and hasn't faired too well since the rule changes. I expect the same old sh*t this season - statistically good defense but will fold in critical situations.

Last edited:
Who are the De Facto Offensive and Defensive Co-ordinaters?

Bill O'Brien the QB coach was calling the plays last season, I believe. His first yea doing so since the vacancy opened. I think everyone thinks it was a mixed bag. Belichick didn't move him up to De Jure OC.. Is he still on probation?

What can we expect from him?

Dean Pees left. Who is the De Facto Defensive Co-ordinater? Belichick said he would be working more closely with the Defense. Whatever that means. Meanwhile Corwin Brown has been added to the roster of Coaches. He is listed simply as a defensive coach but no specific area was assigned to him. What are his duties?

I believe Brown is to work with Boyer and focus on the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes