PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dark Blue Jersey Curse of 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just a lighthearted note of what uniform the guys played in yesterday....THE DARK BLUE JERSEY CURSE OF 2006?

All 4 of our losses were in what? DARK BLUE JERSEYS!

All of our road games this year were wins except this game,Why? DARK BLUE JERSEYS - all other road games that we ended up winning we were in white!

What could be the secret to getting to the super bowl? - Wear White or Silver!

Just a lighthearted post to sooth all the doomsdayers out there..we live to play another game this weekend - OH-NO!!! IN THE DARK BLUE JERSEYS!:p

Just a lighthearted note of what uniform the guys played in yesterday....THE DARK BLUE JERSEY CURSE OF 2006?

All 4 of our losses were in what? DARK BLUE JERSEYS!

All of our road games this year were wins except this game,Why? DARK BLUE JERSEYS - all other road games that we ended up winning we were in white!

What could be the secret to getting to the super bowl? - Wear White or Silver!

Just a lighthearted post to sooth all the doomsdayers out there..we live to play another game this weekend - OH-NO!!! IN THE DARK BLUE JERSEYS!:p

Dude, you are so far off, its the OL beards in the other thread.

Dude, you are so far off, its the OL beards in the other thread.

And What were those guys in the beards wearing? - THOSE DARK BLUE F#CK#NG JERSEYS!! :D --LOL

And, seeing as the home team has the choice of Jersey color to wear, will the Jags and the Titans opt to play their home games against us, WEARING WHITE.

What Home opposing team really needs to watch film on our guys to beat them?,Just put on those white jerseys and put in the backups all game ;)

They only need to watch our offensive play selection. They can count the variety of plays on one hand, too.
All due respect,I somewhat can't agree with you NEM on the McDaniels thing - Wha tyou fail to understand is the truth here.

It does not matter and I repeat IT DOES NOT MATTER whatever fancy pass play calling you do - If we had top notch WRs you probably could run the same pass pattern all game and still be somewhat successful - With the guys we have its just not gonna cut it - We do not have a good group of WRs no matter what plays were being made and we would not be a scoring machine if Weis was still here either - At least Weis had Troy in his prime and Deion and Givens too - McDaniels is left with castoffs who would struggle to be a #2 on most teams in the NFL.

Gonna blame McDaniels for only 4 passes completed sunday? - No - It just was not gonna happen with mediocre WRs and poor Offensive Line play against a solid and smothering Miami D - If you are gonna fire McDaniels well I think we might as well fire all OL players who were like turnstiles sunday and fire all receivers and just run the ball for the rest of the season:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Like said, you could be right, but what if our WR's light up the scoreboard this Sunday and in doing it, we see a lot of new routes. What then?

Speculation, wishful thinking? Maybe so, but I still believe we have a very decent group of WR's that are not being used properly.

We will see.

If we somehow 'light it up' sunday its because of one thing - Its the freakin' Texans who are in line for first pick again - If you want to prove a point lets see Caldwell,Brown,Gabriel,Watson ect: 'light it up' against a team that actually has a defense ranked in the top 5 - This core cannot do it - Not enough talent as a whole WR unit PERIOD! - Ask Brady and he would (secretly) of course tell you that too.

Let stick with the jersey thing,might be a better angle....Go PATS!!!!!

They didnt light it up against many weak teams...and, IMO, because they were handcuffed by bad play selection.

I believe they are much more talented than what we have seen...and if they are given change, we will see a big difference.

Watch Sunday and if they do well, and the routes are significantly different, that will tell all.

Yo NEM, let's stay on topic. We're talking about jersey... leave the OC talk in other threads.

They didnt light it up against many weak teams...and, IMO, because they were handcuffed by bad play selection.

I believe they are much more talented than what we have seen...and if they are given change, we will see a big difference.

Watch Sunday and if they do well, and the routes are significantly different, that will tell all.

Like I said,NEM - We play the freakin' Texans this week and I don't care if the score if 41-0 patriots and Caldwell and Brown each have 100 yards in receiving - It will not matter when we actually play teams that win on a regular basis and have all pros in the D-Backfield - We are playing the boys of the poor this week and while I don't guarantee a win,I pretty much expect a solid performance which should be the case with any team that faces Houston this year,If our WRs struggle against Houston you should promise not to blame McDaniels for it- We don't need fancy plays to beat Houston - Just a few nice catches by the WRs would be nice and should be enough ..At least more than 4 - And of course hold onto the ball.

Yo NEM, let's stay on topic. We're talking about jersey... leave the OC talk in other threads.

Yes I agree..Lets end the mcdaniels talk on my Jersey post,its not worth it.

That's not possible. Hijacking is a habit he will never stop.

Better not get to far on this topic , I brought it up weeks ago and was lambasted for it.. But its becoming a trend..

I think we're we're wearing the gray jerseys on Sunday. Win against the Texans, with a Jets loss in Minnesota, and that's the division. Let's see.

I think we're we're wearing the gray jerseys on Sunday. Win against the Texans, with a Jets loss in Minnesota, and that's the division. Let's see.

i think its a win against texans OR a jets loss

They've won 2 out of the last 3 games in blue jerseys. It's trending upward. :)

Last edited:
They only need to watch our offensive play selection. They can count the variety of plays on one hand, too.

What does the playcalling have to do with this thread? I call hijack.

Hijack!!!!!

This thread was a lighthearted joke about the losses all coming in blue jerseys.

Playcalling has nothing to do with this thread!

Hijack!!!!!

The poster mentioned the opposing teams watching film of our games. I added that they only need to watch films of our play selection. That is not a hijack, it is adding to a subject that had been previusly posted.

I think this was pretty well addressed in the "Let's all get along" thread, lol, so I'll let it drop in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back