PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The D is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2001 team had Brady.... The D is not close to good enough to stop a high powered O. I'm sorry, but thats how I see it.

2008 Cassel > 2001 Brady...
2008 Patriots > 2001 Patriots...

2007 Patriots > everyone...

This D has first of all played fairly well so far this year with some hiccups and the fluke debacle that was the Miami game. They have a lot of new guys, 1st/2nd year guys that they are working into the defense. There is a larger learning curve this year than in recent years because of this. The patriots D has almost always gotten better as the season goes and there's no reason to think that won't continue. A lot of mistakes that are made based on inexperience won't be made in december/january by the young kids.

Of course still the D has played pretty well. Look at what the 49ers offense did to other teams this year compared to the Pats game. They also have the 2nd most "big plays" in the league. No defense gets shut outs every week, and all teams allow big plays and TDs. The Pats defense is playing good enough and will get better over time. You are still a whiny little troll though.

While the Pats secondary did make corrections as the game went on, on at least two occasions SF would have been back in the game if their uncovered WR's could catch a ball thrown right to them.

Another clown going on ignore.... it's going to be a busy night.
It took you this long? You've been getting vitamin B shots or something to boost your ability to tolerate scum sipping kool aid bashers, haven't you?

It took you this long? You've been getting vitamin B shots or something to boost your ability to tolerate scum sipping kool aid bashers, haven't you?

I just hate the ignore function because it leads to some really choppy threads. Add that in with the unintended comedy these clowns provide and I tend to keep them unignored. It's just gotten to the breaking point with a couple of the biggest assclowns currently posting.

I just hate the ignore function because it leads to some really choppy threads. Add that in with the unintended comedy these clowns provide and I tend to keep them unignored. It's just gotten to the breaking point with a couple of the biggest assclowns currently posting.
I know, it used to drive me nuts during my epic battle with that most prolific of trolls, but these minor trolls don't really have the same impact - "it" could out number them in no time with frivolous negativity.

Oh really? How much would you like to bet that I have had season tickets longer than you have been a fan of the pats. Going on 18 years now. I was there when your mommy was wiping your nose!

I don't care if your'e digusted; I don't know you and your opinion means nothing to me. I think the 2008 pats d is garbage, and I beleive it will be exposed in the playoffs ( if we make it). Be careful what you call me, I was being called the same thing when I was calling Jackson a bust during preseason.... How did that turn out?

I'm guessing you're the PatsFans message board equivalent of the nubile 20 year old hottie soliciting dudes in chat rooms who is actually a 46 year old, 5'4, 400 pound dude living in front of his computer acting out some weird fantasy who represents the stereotypical warning for anyone believing someone is who they claim to be on the Web.

I could claim to be a season ticket holder in the 300, 200, or 100 section, a photographer on the field, a practice squad player, Tom Brady or Bill Belichick. It doesn't make it real. You may as well claim to be the first fan in the stadium in the charter year, and on Bob Kraft's personal Christmas card list and personal fan consultant given your extensive experience.

Nobody who lived through those 1-15 and 2-14 seasons (which coincidentally, given your 18 year reference, represents your first year as a season ticket holder - incredible loyalty given your first year would be the worst team in history) would overreact and blather to the extent you have about this team.

The Pats are 3-1, the defense had a bad first quarter but a pretty good game overall, and the offense produced. If you want credibility, scan in a copy of the next three home game tickets and put them on screen or stop claiming to be the Captain America of fans rather than the general malcontent you appear to be. There are actually fans here who have lived that fantasy and deserve credit for doing so.

Niners' total net yards per game this year:
Arizona: 291
Seattle: 365
Detroit: 370
N. Orleans: 312
N. England: 199

SF is not great, but their offense is good and they were at home.

Our D played poorly two series in the first quarter. Then Belichick/Pees/Capers made adjustments and held Niners for the rest of the game.

Of course, those are 4 of the worst defenses in the NFL. Still, holding any NFL team to under 200 yards is impressive.

2008 Cassel > 2001 Brady...
2008 Patriots > 2001 Patriots...

Cassel is in no way shape or form better than Brady was in 2001, it only looks that way.
Brady had squat to deal to, Cassel has All-Stars,and a future Hall of Famer.
Cassel has better TE'S AND RB'S to throw to as well(Faulk is MUCH better now).
Brady had a hodge Podge line in front of him, not an 'All Pro" line like Cassel does either.
Cassel also has had FOUR years to TRY and wrap his brain around the playbook, Brady had ONE.

Bah

The D was bad today at 1st but started getting 3 and outs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, had 3 INTS and did not give up a big running play to Gore. What bothers me is the front 7's inability to get sacks, O'Sullivan got free on 5 potential sacks today and Bruce torched the secondary, overall i would agree with Patslifer because the D was only on the field for 20 minutes. Can you imagine how many points they would of given up if on the field for 40 minutes? The offense definitely picked up the D today. Hopefully the D can put up a better performance next week, they will need to.

Patslifer, is it really the D that sucks or is it the DC/playcalling?

comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

The D was bad today at 1st but started getting 3 and outs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, had 3 INTS and did not give up a big running play to Gore. What bothers me is the front 7's inability to get sacks, O'Sullivan got free on 5 potential sacks today and Bruce torched the secondary, overall i would agree with Patslifer because the D was only on the field for 20 minutes. Can you imagine how many points they would of given up if on the field for 40 minutes? The offense definitely picked up the D today. Hopefully the D can put up a better performance next week, they will need to.

Patslifer, is it really the D that sucks or is it the DC/playcalling?

I'm calling BS here. I mean, the defense was only on the field for 20 because of the fact that they played well enough to force SF off of the field. Would you rather them have been on the field for 40 minutes and the niners just screwed up, fumbled the ball away? That way they would have been on the field a lot longer but not given up any points! That would have been fine, right?

"Bruce torched the secondary,"

Bruce had TWO catches for 44 yards, one for 38 and a TD and one for 6 yards...Moss had 5 catches including a 66 yard TD...what was THAT?...a nuclear attack?

Yeah everyone is allowed their own opinion but can we please just ban the OP? His kind brings nothing to this board but pure stupidity.:banned:
If we banned people for stupidity we'd lose half our posters.

I'm calling BS here. I mean, the defense was only on the field for 20 because of the fact that they played well enough to force SF off of the field. Would you rather them have been on the field for 40 minutes and the niners just screwed up, fumbled the ball away? That way they would have been on the field a lot longer but not given up any points! That would have been fine, right?

I'm calling BS right back at you, the D was on the field the majority of the game against Miami and gave up 38 points, if you think that was a good showing by the D then you need help. I gave credit to the 3 and outs, holding Gore and the INTS but we need a 60 minute better performance by the D in SD next week to win that game, don't you agree? Or are you expecting the offense to control the ball for 40 minutes all year? Come back to reality, there will be more games where the D is on the field most of the game again.

Watch out, some of these losers will tell ya to "get off the bandwagon" if you don't agree with every call and every play..

Losers.

This D was marginal today, they got hardly any pressure on a guy that was sacked more than ANY other QB in the league.
They played just well enough to win, with an EXTRA WEEK to prepare, which to me is a bit concerning.

I'm sure I'll get more negative rep from the losers for speaking like that, but it is what it is.

"Bruce torched the secondary,"

Bruce had TWO catches for 44 yards, one for 38 and a TD and one for 6 yards...Moss had 5 catches including a 66 yard TD...what was THAT?...a nuclear attack?

MY bad, Bruce torched the secondary for a 38 yard TD, is that better?

Yes, the Patriots offense was great today and won them the game, did i say something bad about the offense?(NO)

I'm calling BS right back at you, the D was on the field the majority of the game against Miami and gave up 38 points, if you think that was a good showing by the D then you need help. I gave credit to the 3 and outs, holding Gore and the INTS but we need a 60 minute better performance by the D in SD next week to win that game, don't you agree? Or are you expecting the offense to control the ball for 40 minutes all year? Come back to reality, there will be more games where the D is on the field most of the game again.

Go check the drive log on Yahoo.....

NFL - New England Patriots/San Francisco 49ers Box Score Sunday October 5, 2008 - Yahoo! Sports

Take a look at how quickly the defense got the 49ers offense off the field

How do you expect a better performance than holding a team to 199 yards and 20 minutes TOP? The defense did its job and got themselves off of the field. You can't ask for any more than that. They have done it three out of four times this year. At that rate, the team will be 12-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back