PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Curse of the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJPatsfan26

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Based upon the two losses before the Colts, the Jets have now lost 5 out of 6 games and the once mighty Broncos have now lost the last 3 games. Seems to be like whenever a team wins over the pats this season, they have gone into ruins. Colts.....your next!!!:D:D

Yes, I noticed that, too. Colts will win the next game, the media will call them the best team, ever, then they will lose their next 3 games.

The NFL is a copy cat league... BB showcased the vulnerabilities and the other teams picked up on it..

Wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens took them out this weekend. They have the D to do it

The NFL is a copy cat league... BB showcased the vulnerabilities and the other teams picked up on it..

Agreed. I also think that for the other teams that aren't as well-coached, there is a little bit of an emotional let-down factor the following week.

Based upon the two losses before the Colts, the Jets have now lost 5 out of 6 games and the once mighty Broncos have now lost the last 3 games. Seems to be like whenever a team wins over the pats this season, they have gone into ruins. Colts.....your next!!!:D:D

don't forget the 3-0 Ravens we played that went 1-4 after they played us . . .

I think so too. I think it's the effort teams put into beating the Pats. I think Baltimore has the tools to beat Indy in a shoot out this weekend. They're not going to get every stroke of luck, as we found out ourselves.

Losing Suggs hurts a bunch.

Do they have a good LT?

It's not just teams the Pats lost to, but teams that the Pats beat have had their fortunes reversed as well. Buffalo held the Pats close but then went into a tailspin, culminating in the firing of **** Jauron. Some in the media considered Baltimore to be the best team in the NFL; now they're hoping for other teams to lose to have a chance at a wild card spot. The Falcons were undefeated and were going to run over the Pats, but have struggled ever since. It's as if there is this huge emotional letdown after playing the Pats that these teams have trouble overcoming. As I recall the same thing happened to several teams after meeting the Pats in 2007 also. Maybe playing the Pats is their Super Bowl for other teams besides the Jets.

What's interesting is that this reversal of fortune is not limited to teams that had been playing well prior to meeting the Pats this year. The winless Titans turned around and won three in a row after getting trounced by the Pats, and the 0-7 Bucs followed up their loss in London by defeating Green Bay and nearly upsetting Miami.

It's not just teams the Pats lost to, but teams that the Pats beat have had their fortunes reversed as well. Buffalo held the Pats close but then went into a tailspin, culminating in the firing of **** Jauron. Some in the media considered Baltimore to be the best team in the NFL; now they're hoping for other teams to lose to have a chance at a wild card spot. The Falcons were undefeated and were going to run over the Pats, but have struggled ever since. It's as if there is this huge emotional letdown after playing the Pats that these teams have trouble overcoming. As I recall the same thing happened to several teams after meeting the Pats in 2007 also. Maybe playing the Pats is their Super Bowl for other teams besides the Jets.

What's interesting is that this reversal of fortune is not limited to teams that had been playing well prior to meeting the Pats this year. The winless Titans turned around and won three in a row after getting trounced by the Pats, and the 0-7 Bucs followed up their loss in London by defeating Green Bay and nearly upsetting Miami.

Great points JMT. It is interesting to see these things happening to the teams we have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes