PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Curse of Robert Irsay Game Thread (Colts vs. Ravens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and despite the mediots that will surely be clamoring about how Manning isn't a choker because of this game, he stinks. He's not a big game quarterback, period. The fact that he crapped the bed only slightly less than McNair doesn't absolve him of being a choker. Against a competent offense, the Colts get blown out. Just sickening.

Manning does his best to give it away yet again. Game changing play: The refs missing the call when Ed Reed didn't actually step out of bounds.

I can't wait to see how the Colts handle a team that has talent on both sides of the ball instead of just one.

those kinda plays happen all the time...ask mcnair why he threw an INTin the endzone
colts deseve to win IMO ..billick was exposed today..when his defense doesnt score ..his offense is mediorce at best

Ya, I hate the Colts but they deserved to win. Peyton deserves to lose but the rest of the team did their job. I am interested to see Lewis's stats but the Indy run D looked good once again, last week they were stellar. And boy they'll need that especially if they play LT, we have a few good RB's as well.

But McNair...jesus you have a golden oppurtunity to take the league and you blew it with an INT. Nice job by Colts defenders making plays, they stepped up again and I have to admit they arent showing too many weaknesses in these last two games.

Congrats to Indy.

Last edited:
Blame the KC offense last week.
Blame the BAL offense this week.

I think its more of the Colts defense playing out of this world.

I hate to say it..but you are right! Bob Sanders is a monster!

Actually, give the Colts some credit. The game changing play was McNair's interception at the 1.

Followed by another game changing play when they called offside instead of a false start. I give the defense plenty of credit. I just am looking forward to seeing it against a real offense.

PS. I hope Vinateri gets hit by a bus.

colts may have the most momentum going now...winning 2 supposedly 'dreadful matchups'

those kinda plays happen all the time...ask mcnair why he threw an INTin the endzone
colts deseve to win IMO ..billick was exposed today..when his defense doesnt score ..his offense is mediorce at best

Mediocre? Not even. They suck, period. Billick coached this game with both hands wrapped firmly around his neck. The fact that they didn't adjust to the cover 2 shell Indy was playing for the entire game is proof enough. How the Ravens ever won a Superbowl is beyond me.

colts may have the most momentum going now...winning 2 supposedly 'dreadful matchups'

The got two awful wins in a row. Manning picked 3+ times in each. No TD. Can't wait to play them next week.

Followed by another game changing play when they called offside instead of a false start. I give the defense plenty of credit. I just am looking forward to seeing it against a real offense.

PS. I hope Vinateri gets hit by a bus.

One bogus offsides doesn't/Shouldn't decide the game!

And of course, despite the fact that he played like crap, they interview Manning during the postgame. They should interview one of the Colts defenders, or offensive linemen, or better yet, Billick, and ask him why he didn't adjust his gameplan at all.

Player of the Game?

Vinatraitor.

I'll be the first to admit, I DID NOT EXPECT THE COLTS TO PULL THAT OFF!! *sigh* Manning is playing aweful though, he is lucky his defense is pulling through for him.... 2 bad games in a row for him and in the playoffs, not good... Well, I wonder what are Patriots are thinking right now?

I would have done a tom brady qb sneak for 5 yards or a triple reverse.

Why in the world less than a touchdown behind do you want McNair flinging that thing around?

About 10 minutes on the clock?

They deserved to lose. On the other hand, Indy played smart and played great on offense and defense in a style of game that should have been all Ravens.

Trouble is, when a team goes to the playoffs year after year and keeps getting their face shoved in the poo, they eventually learn something.

The Piston learned from the Celtics in the 80's and it looks like Indy learned how to win the tough games from us.

This makes them dangerous.

When we play them, (Ok-if.:rolleyes: ), we better be on our toes.

While we're strong and healthy, we've still forgotten more than they know.

Very impressive finish though. I officially give Indy my respect.

* The Ravens O is mediocre whether the D scores or not. They don't seem to have many options and their recievers don't get open much. Heap made a great catch on 1 play though. Gotta give props to D Rhoades running that last drive. Everyone knew they'd run and he made 1st downs anyway and ran hard.

BTW, any motivated defense can play well in spurts. Not taking anything away, but Ravens let them off the hook by not trying to pound them.

Colts can always pass rush and make picks. If you run seldom and predictably, they can stop the run too.

I'll be the first to admit, I DID NOT EXPECT THE COLTS TO PULL THAT OFF!! *sigh* Manning is playing aweful though, he is lucky his defense is pulling through for him.... 2 bad games in a row for him and in the playoffs, not good... Well, I wonder what are Patriots are thinking right now?

They are thinking they need to stop LT and beat the Chargers!

Why in the world less than a touchdown behind do you want McNair flinging that thing around?

About 10 minutes on the clock?

They deserved to lose. On the other hand, Indy played smart and played great on offense and defense in a style of game that should have been all Ravens.

Trouble is, when a team goes to the playoffs year after year and keeps getting their face shoved in the poo, they eventually learn something.

The Piston learned from the Celtics in the 80's and it looks like Indy learned how to win the tough games from us.

This makes them dangerous.

When we play them, (Ok-if.:rolleyes: ), we better be on our toes.

While we're strong and healthy, we've still forgotten more than they know.

Very impressive finish though. I officially give Indy my respect.

Great post Ray, I agree with you. Congrats to the Colts they deserved to win this game, and that's the only compliment that I'm willing to give.

At this moment, they are irrelavent. All I care about is my Patriots going out on that field tomorrow, and taking care of business. Then we'll see what happens next.

Last edited:
BTW, any motivated defense can play well in spurts. Not taking anything away, but Ravens let them off the hook by not trying to pound them.

Colts can always pass rush and make picks. If you run seldom and predictably, they can stop the run too.

Exactly. The Colts defense still isn't any good, but a fast, light defense like that can usually get riled up and stuff the run early. As the game wears on, a smart team wears them down, and their speed advantage disappears, so they're just smaller and weaker. Billick is an absolute fool for having McNair repeatedly chuck the ball, instead of running it, calling screens and flares out of the backfield and rolling McNair out of the pocket when he did need to throw. Couple that with McNairs multiple brainfarts, and it's the perfect recipe for the Colts defense. They get to constantly play to their strengths (speed, pass rushing) and have their weaknesses hidden. Maybe the Pats play the Colts in the championship game, maybe they don't, but I know our coach won't be that stupid if we do.

Exactly. The Colts defense still isn't any good, but a fast, light defense like that can usually get riled up and stuff the run early. As the game wears on, a smart team wears them down, and their speed advantage disappears, so they're just smaller and weaker. Billick is an absolute fool for having McNair repeatedly chuck the ball, instead of running it, calling screens and flares out of the backfield and rolling McNair out of the pocket when he did need to throw. Couple that with McNairs multiple brainfarts, and it's the perfect recipe for the Colts defense. They get to constantly play to their strengths (speed, pass rushing) and have their weaknesses hidden. Maybe the Pats play the Colts in the championship game, maybe they don't, but I know our coach won't be that stupid if we do.

While i agree with what you say, I think you'll admit this isn't the style of game Indy's supposed to win.

Sure, Peyton could have easily been picked a few more times, but with the game on the line their team played heady and played tough.

I don't like it. But of course tomorrow's game is all we can handle right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back