PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Gillette stadium is no metrodome, arrowhead or Qwest, it is no worst at holding in noise than most of the other new stadiums in fact it is probably better than many, (At least we have one closed end have you seen Adelphia in Tennessee). The days of oddly designed stadiums that are uncomfortable but hold in noise are over the problems gillette has at holding in noise are shared by pretty much every other new stadium one way or the other.

Last night the crowd was deafening loud and rocking it just proves a poitn I have been arguing on this board since I joined. Just like the playoff games last year, the San Diego game last year, The Denver game this year, The Pittsburgh game last year, when the fans at Gillette make noise it is a great home field advantage. Last night the crowd was GREAT! It was a college atmosphere. Too bad we couldn't pull it out. Triple Thumbs Up to the crowd!

And there was ABSOLUTELY NOT a lot of Jets fans in fact I hardly saw any there were more Broncos fans. I was actually amazed at how few jets fans there was considerign how close we are to each other.

There seemed to be several loud ones when I was leaving the stadium. :mad:

have a nice trip back, Patjew

Was rocking last night. Made me very proud. Even when the game looked like a blow out, they stayed in it. And down the stretch it was the loudest I've ever heard it at Gillette (until the end, of course). My throat hurts today from screaming like a little girl all night.

I agree. I've been *****ing about the lack of noise at Gillette on this board for a while.

That was the loudest I've ever heard Gillette on TV (exept maybe the inaugural game against Pittsburg in '01-02). Thanks to the fans who were at the game for creating a REAL homefield advantage. Unlike the crowd noise at the Buffalo game that was embarassingly quiet on the telecast, the crowd noise last night was awesome. I actually turned down the volume on the remote a few times (its the first I can recall doing that for a Patriots home game).

It seems to prove that despite the Stadium's less than optimum design for holding noise - the fans do have the ability to create noise on par with the other stadiums around the league.

yes what they lacked in numbers they made up for in obnoxiousness

have a nice trip back, Patjew

Thanks. I just got back 10 hours ago after a 31 hour door-to-door trip. That was an extra-long one due to flying through Tokyo. I tied my personal record of getting buzzed and sobering up three times while en route. It's great to be back with my family, not so great to be back under the "brown clouds" of China, which is the latest euphemism for the terrible pollution problem here.

That trip back would have been much more tolerable if I had an awesome Pats comeback to keep my mind occupied. Watching "Leatherheads" and "The Replacements" on the trip back probably wasn't wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes