PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Crowd vs. The Bucs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPatsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Apologies to Tunescribe as I see he already had a post about this pre-hack.

The crowd definitely seemed to be more into it. From our seats in 137 I don't remember sitting down for more than a play or three, except for half time, during the whole game. Although I did take pity on the poor kid behind me and sit on top of the folded up seat a few times so that he could at least see something. Most people seemed to be standing and making noise for the vast majority of the game, at least from my vantage point, to the left and right. I don't know how things were further up behind us, maybe patsri had a better vantage point.

Either way, the crowd was much improved. You could tell the players really appreciated the effort, with the head nods and waving their arms in the air.

Hopefully we can continue the effort through the Doofins game and into the playoffs!

Crowd was great on Saturday. Hadn't heard it that loud since the first half of the Colts game.

from watching on a low volume tv at a local bar, it seemd like the place was loud especially on big defensive plays and it seemed like the players were appreciative of it.

yeah the crowd was really good on saturday

Rosie Colvin was pretty good at pumping up the crowd also.

I had the volume turned down for a large part of game and tv is so filtered you dont know if it is real or memorex.

so you guys who were there maybe have to tell me. Was it my imagination or was the loudest time in the stadium right before the third touchdown WHEN PATS HAD THE BALL????

On my tv that was the loudest moment. Not when Bucs had the ball; but when we did and were trying to score.

Just seemed like the fans were louder; but weren't SMART FANS and knew WHEN TO BE LOUD. They ought to be saving it up for when Defense is on the field and not yelling themselves hoarse too early. But somebody please tell me i'm crazy and make me feel better.

Gumby said:
I had the volume turned down for a large part of game and tv is so filtered you dont know if it is real or memorex.

so you guys who were there maybe have to tell me. Was it my imagination or was the loudest time in the stadium right before the third touchdown WHEN PATS HAD THE BALL????

On my tv that was the loudest moment. Not when Bucs had the ball; but when we did and were trying to score.

Just seemed like the fans were louder; but weren't SMART FANS and knew WHEN TO BE LOUD. They ought to be saving it up for when Defense is on the field and not yelling themselves hoarse too early. But somebody please tell me i'm crazy and make me feel better.

It sounded the same way on my TV and I don't have any special sound settings. Tom even flapped his arms to quiet them if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't say it was loudest then, but some people definitely were being stupid and cheering on offense then. Human nature for some people I guess. Even Peyton had to do that yesterday.

Gumby said:

No. But there was some definite "excitement" as they were moving towards the endzone. It certainly was no where near the level it got to when the Bucs had the ball. The majority of the crowd, though, just seemed amped up. Maybe a little too amped at "improper" times, but I'd rather worry about that than it being too quiet.

we need to keep this up for the rest of the season and througout the playoffs

Observations From the Game

Section 336 was rockin'. Fans stood up for many plays on defense for the 1st time in a while. A few people were thrown out a couple sections over. Certainly the rowdiest game of the season so far.

Disappointed that so many "fans" left early yet again. The guys in front of us did and the people to the right of us did too. Don't understand that on a Saturday??

The traffic leaving the lots is still terrible. We walk 1-2 miles from my Aunt's house in Foxboro usually to avoid the traffic and the $40-50 parking fee. This game we hung out for a little over an hour to have a few pops and some food with friends who invited us to their tailgate. The traffic was STILL an absolute mess and was not moving in the main lots approx 2 hrs after the game.

Another interesting note. Tickets were plentiful and were selling BELOW face value for the first time in years. The guy behind us lost his ticket and bought one in the 200 level for 40 bucks. Amazing.

I would figure the Phins game might be the same way. A ton of people I know aren't making it for that game. On vacation, working, away from home etc. Might be a good one to attend if you've been looking to go but couldn't afford the inflated prices of late.

The Pats are Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing