PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The crowd Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, it is true. Maybe the numbers were not equal (but the 3 hour difference explains that and maybe the numbers of fans leaving your game were more pats but all that really means is that we had more Pats fans at your stadium not exactly a good sign of your oh so great fan base.

The truth is that after Belichick decided not to go for the onside kick about a 1/4 of the stadium got up and headed for the exits. if you tivo the games I am sure it would show up on TV just the same as ours did. Now I guess this still wasnt as early as the start of the 4th quater but still as I said in a earlier post not everyone is going to stick around once the game has been decided, I don't think this has anything to do with how good a fan you are its just prefrence, you can gloat over your win anywhere in your seats watchinf meaningless football, on the way back to the car, sitting by the car drinking a few more, or you can get home quick to try and read about the win and watch the presser's, or you can just go to bed at an almost normal time and actually be able to discuss it at work the next day instead of being comotose.

Not equal......that's putting it mildly. The Q was still packed until the end of the game and you know that to be true. The Razor looked like a mosoleum. And there was certainly more than 1/4 of the fans missing half way through the 4th. I think MAYBE a 1/4 was all that was left. And I think it says alot about the fans. We're not talking about a minority of fans, we're talking about nearly an entire stadium. You know and that's fine. The only reason I point it out is because of the hypocrisy that NE fans rant and rave that SD doesnt sell out games. Well, I'd rather have the SD fans glued to their seats for a nationally televised game, rather than missing a few hundred seats still available and sold the day of the game.

Sounded pretty good on TV. My father was there (using my tickets :mad:) and he said it was loud. What did you guys think, especially the folks at the game?

I'm just curious, I'm not trying to insinuate or instigate anything. :cool:

I thought the crowd was pretty loud

It was loud from where I was sitting in section 126. There wasn't many moments that I wasn't screaming my head off...I had laryngitis on Tuesday and yesterday.

Last edited:
Not equal......that's putting it mildly. The Q was still packed until the end of the game and you know that to be true. .

I'll tell you what is not equal.....the way your super chargers laid down Vs the Bills. What, you only had it on for us?? Was this your plan so that maybe you can avoid us in the playoffs when you know we'll kick your ass.

Just joking with ya MI....London calling ya, good luck man.

Not equal......that's putting it mildly. The Q was still packed until the end of the game and you know that to be true. The Razor looked like a mosoleum. And there was certainly more than 1/4 of the fans missing half way through the 4th. I think MAYBE a 1/4 was all that was left. And I think it says alot about the fans. We're not talking about a minority of fans, we're talking about nearly an entire stadium. You know and that's fine. The only reason I point it out is because of the hypocrisy that NE fans rant and rave that SD doesnt sell out games. Well, I'd rather have the SD fans glued to their seats for a nationally televised game, rather than missing a few hundred seats still available and sold the day of the game.

Mi, I think you are letting bias get in the way. The Q was not packed until the end as I said at least a 1/4 had emptied. You dont want to admit it but your stadium was emptying out before the final bell too. I was willing to admit that maybe it wasn't as bad as ours but you are not willing to admit that it means nothing about your fans. The game was over what are they supposed to do? And what do they get for staying? I mean its not like they are going to see good football, just people trying to run out a game.

Also you fail to recognize my initial criticism that got you annoyed and harping on this in the first place. And that is that your fans dont know what they are doing they cheer on offense. They booed really loud one time on offense too when BB was shown on the jumbo, this would have been funny and acceptable excpet that your team had already broke the huddle and was linning up on offense. Not sure why BB was up on the Jumbo....I think it may have been after a failed challenge??????

Last edited:
At the beginning I thought I was at a funeral - it picked up after the first Bronco fumble. Got really loud towards the 2nd half (especially when the cameras picked up Randy dancing).

Exactly what I thought. You could hear crickets until that first big play. Then it kept going from there.

OT, but mildly related enough to put it in this thread - does anyone know a) what song they were playing in the stadium Mon night that had Moss dancing b) have a link to said video of Moss dancing, b/c that was hilarious.

I forgot about that, the crowd seemed a lot louder than what I'm used to hearing.

For anyone not privileged enough to live near the stadium and watching it on TV, did anybody else hear the part where Tirico was ribbing Kornheiser for hiding in the booth "from the Pats fans that were sitting right below"? LOL, I can only imagine what they were saying to Kornhole...

That's simply not true and you know it. I was at the game as well. Sure, a few fans left (mostly NE fans from where I was sitting), but there definitely was not an exodus of fans where you could see large sections of vacant seats. What do you have to do, other than go home and go to bed? Again, you know the game is scheduled to run to midnight, so if that's past your bedtime, why bother? The time difference is a cop out. You're used to games ending late over there. That's part of life, is it not?

I'll set the record straight for you: I also attended the Pats at Chargers game. I was in the upper deck, and midway through the fourth quarter people DID leave in droves. Not as many as in Gillette, but the time difference certainly is not a cop out. For people who have to work or attend school the next day, there's quite a difference between a game ending at 9 p.m. and one ending at midnight (with travel time to get home added on top of it). You might have missed my thread on the Qualcomm "experience," but the quality of the Charger fan base at a live game is very, very poor. The sheer nastiness of attitude, fights, poor response by disorganized security, etc., reminded me of old Foxboro Stadium circa 1980s. You guys are still in the dark ages down there.

I thought the crowd was great, especially for an early season game. I think a lot of regulars sold their tickets though and their was a lot more fights and people being taken out than I have ever seen at Gillette

Did you see the fight in the endzone seats with about a minute to go? That guy fought the cops all the way out. Looked like he got maced too.

I'll set the record straight for you: I also attended the Pats at Chargers game. I was in the upper deck, and midway through the fourth quarter people DID leave in droves. Not as many as in Gillette, but the time difference certainly is not a cop out. For people who have to work or attend school the next day, there's quite a difference between a game ending at 9 p.m. and one ending at midnight (with travel time to get home added on top of it). You might have missed my thread on the Qualcomm "experience," but the quality of the Charger fan base at a live game is very, very poor. The sheer nastiness of attitude, fights, poor response by disorganized security, etc., reminded me of old Foxboro Stadium circa 1980s. You guys are still in the dark ages down there.

Yeah, we're a bunch of savages. I read that thread (that's the one that went horribly racist, I believe), but I think you witnessed a rarity for most games. Come by for a Raiders game, then you'll witness some fun. Chargers fans pretty much hate NE now, that's just the way it is. So, of course there would be some minor activities. Im sure everyone at the Razor are perfect gentlemen when you play the Jets, right? This isnt a polo match, so people drink and sometimes get stupid. It's pretty rare however that SD fans make a real problem for other fans (Oakland notwithstanding). However, since the Raiders are now our b*tch, NE may have moved up in the hated ranks these past years. So, perhaps what you witnessed was a small sign of the times. And the reason why the security was slow (as you state) is exactly for the reason I stated above. There normally isnt a real need, by and large. Personally, I didnt see anything other than some jawing back and forth. Hopefully, that wouldnt offend your sensibilities too much.

I have a cold and had a killer sore throat. Needless to say, come Tuesday morning I had no voice at all. It was the loudest I've heard this season.

I have a cold and had a killer sore throat. Needless to say, come Tuesday morning I had no voice at all.

That's bad.

It was the loudest I've heard this season.

That's good!

I noticed that the beginning of the 3rd quarter was super quiet. I figured that people were stil in line at the lavs or concessions.

Regarding leaving early, I never have except for an exhibition game. But it's pretty understandable for a night game for people that come from a couple hours away. The awful parking and traffic situation doesn't help either.

Yeah, we're a bunch of savages. I read that thread (that's the one that went horribly racist, I believe), but I think you witnessed a rarity for most games. Come by for a Raiders game, then you'll witness some fun. Chargers fans pretty much hate NE now, that's just the way it is. So, of course there would be some minor activities. Im sure everyone at the Razor are perfect gentlemen when you play the Jets, right? This isnt a polo match, so people drink and sometimes get stupid. It's pretty rare however that SD fans make a real problem for other fans (Oakland notwithstanding). However, since the Raiders are now our b*tch, NE may have moved up in the hated ranks these past years. So, perhaps what you witnessed was a small sign of the times. And the reason why the security was slow (as you state) is exactly for the reason I stated above. There normally isnt a real need, by and large. Personally, I didnt see anything other than some jawing back and forth. Hopefully, that wouldnt offend your sensibilities too much.

Your rationalizations are a joke; you appear to be just another punk-ass Chargers fan. It's OK to "hate" another team, but not its fans, to their face. To accept that as a "sign of the times" is nuts. Suggesting there's "a real need" for greater security when fans from certain teams visit doesn't say much for your fan base, does it? The days are long gone when Pats fans harassed visiting fans beyond good-natured ribbing, INCLUDING Jets fans. Gillette is a civil place to visitors. I saw a Pats fan beaten bloody in your "hospitable" confines, and heard plenty of threats directed my way, just for wearing a Pats hat. Spanos needs a reality check on how that place is run. I've been to many NFL stadiums, San Diego's atmosphere was the worst by far.

Last edited:
Just a thank you to the fans that were there screaming their lungs bloody.

One of the best regular-season games, as far as crowd noise goes, in recent memory. Great work!!!

On TV, the crowd sounded o.k., but looked kinda weak.
Visually, they just looked like they were kind of tame, sitting down a lot.
Just how it looked to me., kinda like a lot of regulars sold their tickets to friends or co-workers.

I don't know how true this is or not but the louder crowd may be by design. The new buildings outside the opening of the stadium keep the noise in the stadium more or so i was told. It has sounded louder this year and i am sure with the same basic fans who attend. I don't think the fans got louder but the sound is bouncing back off the new buildings has a lot to do with it.

i agree: i heard really the crowd

well done this time !

i hope it will continue

thanks to ther fans were in the stadium doing their part

I thought it sounded loud, and then several times I took the remote, and turned the sound up and it sounded even louder.

I just tried this with Law & Order - same phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes