Welcome to PatsFans.com

The cost of green tinkering is in famine and starvation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Apr 16, 2008.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

Well the government is subsidizing an inefficent fuel source (corn ethanol) and screwing up the free market the results are beginning to be seen:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/apr/16/biofuels.alternativeenergy

Amazing. And you know the greenies will never apologize for the havoc they are causing the poor.

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

ethanol isn't the solution....everyone knows that.

wanna be shocked?

Water powered engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9iWaCMbw60

yeah, thats on FOX...I know...crazy, huh?

3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Corn based ethanol isn't the solution. And I'm not sure everyone does know it...since it's still being mandated...

4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As every greenie knows, corn ethanol is among the worst choices and that biofuels need to be made from varieties of biomass. But you wouldnt know that because you are totally bereft of ideas. It only serves you to characterize greenies the way that fits your image of greenies. C4 plants are far better than C3, btw. This statement of yours is not unlike Ben Stein blaming Darwin for the execution of 6 million Jews. Its specious and offensive in a special smarmy douchebag way.

Patsfan13, it just occurred to me why I left this place. Its because of morons like you QuiGon and Fogbuster make me truly sorry to be associated in a forum where you troll all day every day. You three must be the stupidest people I have ever met, and thats saying alot. It hurts to read the level of ignorance you display routinely. To claim that you know physics, and then pull a term completely from you arse like "reverse entropy" which is utter bullschitt is hard for me to read through, try as I have. Honestly, and Im not saying this just to be "mean", I think you are not only personally a douchebag, but you are about as smart as a third grader with an annoying arrogance here as if you think you know everything. And I dont have time for "grown ups" who act that way.

I hardly studied physics and even I knew that "reverse entropy" was a BS term. You lay out BS left and right and when forced to defend it, you move on to other BS. You make your argument confusing either for the point of confusing others into thinking you know wtf you are writing about, or just because you are too lazy to put it together in your head before spouting off in the forum.

So, to you I say good day, Get a life, and gfy!

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

I have posted about other tyoes of biomass on numerous occasions since you left and on ready made sources of oil that we are not using.

Still back at personal insults Oh Well. Nothing new.

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not to get in the middle of you guys' special moment, but what part of his link deserved that response?

Someone is mandating corn based ethanol, after all...you know, the people that represent corn farmers and corn farming states.

Those people.

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's what it's about.
    And stop saying "corn farmers" There are no such things involved in ethanol production. Those pulling the strings on this deal are huge corporate "farms" that have very few farmers. It's more like giant robot machines operating under computer supervision and GPS guidance. Not exactly a Norman Rockwell painting anymore.

I know you know this....just saying.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

Some folks get angry when their delivered wisdom isn't accepted and taken at face value.:rolleyes:

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

dude...you get all giddy when dissing "liberal greenies" etc.
    Not everyone thinks the same. I think ethanol is a joke. If it costs more and pollutes more to make, then what is the point?

"Amazing. And you know the greenies will never apologize for the havoc they are causing the poor. "

seriously?

check out the water engine.....Things like that are green. you are confused.

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So who's mandating the ethanol again?

And keep in mind...it's "corn based ethanol". They could make ethanol from other things that would be pretty good.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

They do such a great job at illustrating the law of unintended consequences.

12. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well said! Quicon has gone into self-exile so the population of idiots has been reduced. Although, as I'm sure you'll discover if you remain, it's being rapidly replenished.