Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Consitution & poll results

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I saw this posted in another forum, and I thought some people in here would be interested. With the 5-4 vote that barely protected the 2nd Amendment, and issues like abortion being thrust into the forefront of the current political landscape, I figure this is a worthy topic.

Some excerpts:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ca/supreme_court_ratings/supreme_court_update
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Interesting numbers. Very few people in this country understand the Constitution and the thought process that the Founder's used to formulate it. I wish they would, maybe then they wouldn't just think that we should be beholden to a judge's political whimsey, right or left. It was made to be mutable, but not that mutable. Too much flexibility creates an unstable state, while a completely rigid document would keep us in the dark ages.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I whole heartedly agree. The problem is that the citizens of this country don't understand what the document stands for. People have twisted it's meaning to the point where which judges are being given the ability to legislate policy from the bench. Policy, be it right, or left, that isn't certified by the "goddam piece of paper". I think we're a sh1ttier nation for it.

[​IMG]