PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The complete bust known as Matt Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think everyone is getting a little too far ahead of themselves. He's played two solid games, which is great. But who knows if he can go a whole season playing low-mistake football? Not to be negative or anything, but you still can't totally bash the author of this topic for his comments. Give it a little time, and see what develops.

Whatever, Marshall... :p

wow where are these posts coming from? who went back and found these?

I am a fan of whoever is bumping threads of people making reactionary threads from the past. I'm guilty of getting emotional too, but it's always good to keep people in check and hold them accountable for their past words. It'll improve the board long term if there is less extreme reactionary opinion.

I am a fan of whoever is bumping threads of people making reactionary threads from the past. I'm guilty of getting emotional too, but it's always good to keep people in check and hold them accountable for their past words. It'll improve the board long term if there is less extreme reactionary opinion.

I agree.

And to the anti-bump crowd, it is not like we are going back and bumping the there is "no way no how the Giants even have a chance to win the SB" threads, to point out the extremist nature of the "no way not how the Dolphins even have a chance to win this Sunday comments." (that would be mean)

All that is being done here is relishing and enjoying Matty's success.

I still think everyone is getting a little too far ahead of themselves. He's played two solid games, which is great. But who knows if he can go a whole season playing low-mistake football? Not to be negative or anything, but you still can't totally bash the author of this topic for his comments. Give it a little time, and see what develops.

Umm.. Lets see. The OP was wrong that Cassel was going to be cut. So, that makes the topic invalid.

Cassel has played very well in his 1st 2 starts. He's made the plays when needed and hasn't thrown an int yet. I'm not touting him as the next coming, but Cassel is far ahead of where the OP said Cassel was.

Da Bruinz, I've been a lurker for some time and as much as I would love to say you are an airbag, you really aren't.
I thought you were from the ESPN msg boards, but you do bring alot to the table.
Maybe not more than any other long time Pats fan, but you have something.
I like your approach to this board. That being said, if you are calling out the Sky Is Falling Crowd, I am right behind you.
I wonder about those who constantly think that "Maroney should hit the hole hadah" or "Light shoulda knocked his head off"
or "Hobbs f*cked that up big time".

Wjy aren't these people coaching? Seriously? They seem to know of what they speak.

Who would you give the majority of carries to? Evans?

Go easy on me, pls. I own personal stock in Sam Adams every Friday
:woohoo: A lurking "out" party! Let the fun begin!
eat-drink-smiley-5168.gif

Welcome!

I hope The complete bust known as Matt Cassel leads this team to a play-off game or two or three or four in a few months.

its not fair to bring this thread back up, afterall, if you cant succeed with the offensive talent that he has to work with, then your more then a complete bust.

Cassel didnt complete a throw longer then 5 yards last week, unless you want to count the YAC on the screens.

anyone doing that, wont go far. obviously i realize it was only his first game with a full week of real prep with the first team, but by game 6 and were still seeing that from him, then Ill be concerned.

as of right now, the Pats dont trust him to throw the ball.

its not fair to bring this thread back up, afterall, if you cant succeed with the offensive talent that he has to work with, then your more then a complete bust.

Cassel didnt complete a throw longer then 5 yards last week, unless you want to count the YAC on the screens.

anyone doing that, wont go far. obviously i realize it was only his first game with a full week of real prep with the first team, but by game 6 and were still seeing that from him, then Ill be concerned.

as of right now, the Pats dont trust him to throw the ball.

Or the Jets did a good job of taking away the deep stuff (pressure affecting the throw to an open Moss deep, that he still should have caught). Do you think the patriots call plays that demand Cassel NOT throw past 5 yards? You are crazy if you think this. Same playbook, same plays, if it's not open deep... you don't force it.

Hmmn... On this thread there were only three people willing to give Matt Cassel the time of day. Sixpack, Mo , and me.

How come there are 35 "charter members" of the Matt Cassel fan club??

I'll bet guys like stcjones or Pats Va, now consider themselves Matt Cassel fan club charter members.

If I recall, I was the most vociferous, if you can call tepid support vociferous, proponent for Cassel and all I said was that he was doing EXACTLY what BB assigned him to do.

1)Test the O-line candidates,:eek:
2)Find out whether CJax and CJ are worth a bucket of warm spit, and :eek:
3) Take the lumps for Brady while doing so.;)

Later I decided BB gave him the Tar baby, to see how he had matured; and test his reactions to purposely planned adversity.:p

Hmmn... On this thread there were only three people willing to give Matt Cassel the time of day. Sixpack, Mo , and me.

How come there are 35 "charter members" of the Matt Cassel fan club??

I'll bet guys like stcjones or Pats Va, now consider themselves Matt Cassel fan club charter members.

If I recall, I was the most vociferous, if you can call tepid support vociferous, proponent for Cassel and all I said was that he was doing EXACTLY what BB assigned him to do.

1)Test the O-line candidates,:eek:
2)Find out whether CJax and CJ are worth a bucket of warm spit, and :eek:
3) Take the lumps for Brady while doing so.;)

Later I decided BB gave him the Tar baby, to see how he had matured; and test his reactions to purposely planned adversity.:p
And some of us just shook our heads at the preseason ignorance and saved our passion for fighting lesser demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back