PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Commish should apologize and be fined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

National Sports Advisors

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This guy wants to act tough with the Pats and players but will he be held accountable for having this videotape leaked? I think not. What a joke. This bum better be issuing a public apology to the Pats and somebody should be getting fired in the NFL office for leaking this tape. What a joke. This guy will be the downfall of this league. Mark my words. He is out of control.

I'd like to see Goodell get control of his own office before he worries about getting every tape the Pats have ever used to scout other teams. What a complete tool this guy is, hes letting the public reaction influence his decision making in this matter, and its really quite sad. Goodell looks like a complete turd in this matter.

do you think he might have PURPOSELY leaked it to take some steam out of this out of control train?

I'd like to see Goodell get control of his own office before he worries about getting every tape the Pats have ever used to scout other teams. What a complete tool this guy is, hes letting the public reaction influence his decision making in this matter, and its really quite sad. Goodell looks like a complete turd in this matter.

It amazes me how none of the talking heads questioned the impropriety of a media member coming to be in posession of a tape that was confiscated by NFL security and delivered in a sealed box, or so we were told, to the commissioners office. This league is so corrupt it's a joke. Sanctimonious hypocrits hell bent on taking down a guy whose jock they can't carry on the field of play.

Take our first and be done with it or prepare for all hell to break out, Roger. Clean your own freakin' house before corruption within it is what ultimately tears the league apart.

Ya, Goodell seems to be a tad Napoleonic, Bush-esque. Especially when alot of former coaches, highly respected coaches, are saying that everybody does it. Also, I am quite certain that the NYJ will use different signals later in the year. If not, then they are a lil stupid IMO.

Also, with a lot of anti-NE guys on the comp. comittee, is this really fair?

Kraft should hire a dream team of lawyers and go after the league and the media, esp. ESPN.

Ya, Goodell seems to be a tad Napoleonic, Bush-esque. Especially when alot of former coaches, highly respected coaches, are saying that everybody does it. Also, I am quite certain that the NYJ will use different signals later in the year. If not, then they are a lil stupid IMO.

Yeah, but Goodell's a lawyer, not a football guy, and an egotistical one at that. For an example of how a lawyer ruined one of the greatest sports leagues in America see: Gary Bettman and the NHL.

Kraft needs to craft just the right plan to get Goodell off our backs.
This leak is a screw-up that can be used against the league office, but can't be too heavy-handed in the response from Kraft.
Certainly Kraft is within his rights to question whether handing over more tapes and notes is the right thing to do given Goodell's inability to handle things in a professional manner.

Goodell should not be fined, he should be fired.

I think I'm actually more embarrassed for the NFL right now then the Patriots.

They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Please keep this up -- nothing is more funny than Pat*fan* in denial. Here are the facts:

Goodell's letter says this:

NFL policy states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game” and that all video shooting locations for club coaching purposes “must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

In a memo to NFL head coaches and general managers on September 6, 2006, NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson said, “Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”

No ambiguity there -- Belichick had a Pat* cameraman on the sidelines videotaping the opponent's defensive signals.

Goodell then concludes:

“This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” Commissioner Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

"calculated and deliberate" attempt to avoid the rules -- that's "cheating"

http://www.bartleby.com/61/34/C0263400.html

INTRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud. 2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

Breaking a rule deliberately and in a calculated manner: bringing a sharpie onto the field in your sock. In your world, that is also cheating.

Appologize and be fined ? F*ck that. If I were Kraft I would sue the NFL and I would sue Goodell personally for releasing this tape to the media. I'm not a lawyer but I have no doubt there's something viable they can sue him for.

$100M against the NFL, $20M against Goodell.

I hope Pacman steals Badell's car and let's Lance Briggs get wasted and drive it into a wall.

Kraft should hire a dream team of lawyers and go after the league and the media, esp. ESPN.

Look Lloyd...this is the second time you bring politics on this board. You know, there is another chat room specifically for that stuff?

I used the political analogy because there are inter-NFL politics involved.

If the competition committee is truly comprised of Polian, Fisher, Del Rio, etc, then they would have an agenda here.

Also, the media dislikes BB and the Pats because they do not talk. They do not do EVERY commercial known to man. All they want to do is be successful, to win. Look at ESPN, BB puts Tom Jackson in his place a few years ago, so now the entire network is against the team.

Plus, we know and THEY must know that every team does this. We have bulit an awesome team in the salary cap era designed for parody. Therefore, people are jealous.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here and if people change their tunes. This is a prime example of the media blowing something completely out of proportion.

Goodell is married to Fox News presenter Jane Skinner. COINCIDENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots