PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts have beat the Patriots 5 out of the last 6 meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 points or fewer in 2 of the last 3 games.

Those are the facts. You continue to ignore that reality.

LOL this will really be my last response to you in particular

A team goes from

0-4, 18 ppg against a particular defense

to 5-1, scoring almost 30 ppg against this same team

What exactly are you trying to say???

And the last game these teams played (the only one that truley matters at all at this point) The Colts scored 35 points. So what is this "20 points or fewer in 2 of last 3" have anything to do with it?

I see why you take a lot of sh*t from even your fellow Pats fans here, you just don't know when to quit.

Last edited:

A team goes from

And the last game these teams played (the only one that truley matters at all at this point) The Colts scored 35 What is this "20 points or fewer in 2 of last 3" have anything to do with it? "

I see why you take a lot of sh*t from even your fellow Pats fans here, you just don't know when to quit.

The Colts weren't unique in increasing their ppg against the pats after 2004. I guess everyone figured them out at the same time?

A team goes from

And the last game these teams played (the only one that truley matters at all at this point) The Colts scored 35 points. So what is this "20 points or fewer in 2 of last 3" have anything to do with it?

20 points
17 points

Pretty simple.

The Colts weren't unique in increasing their ppg against the pats after 2004. I guess everyone figured them out at the same time?

Provide some stats like I just did and maybe we can have this conversation, but I'll go out on a limb and say nobody has had a bigger increase in PPG and Win/loss Ratio against the Patriots than Peyton and the Colts

Last edited:

Colts Dominance

Nov. 7, 2005 Foxborough Indianapolis Colts 40-21
Nov. 5, 2006 Foxborough Indianapolis Colts 27-20
Jan. 21, 2007 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 38-34
Nov. 4, 2007 Indianapolis New England Patriots 24-20
Nov. 2, 2008 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 18-15
Nov. 15, 2009 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 35-34

29 Points Per game Win loss 5-1

Over 10 more points per game

5-1 Record

So for the LAST TIME. Yes. PEYTON MANNING HAS FIGURED OUT THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE IN RECENT YEARS, AND THE STATS PROVE IT.

Does anyone else want to continue this argument in the face of facts????

Um... math=facts.
Nov. 7, 2005 Foxborough Indianapolis Colts 40-21
Nov. 5, 2006 Foxborough Indianapolis Colts 27-20
Jan. 21, 2007 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 38-34
Nov. 4, 2007 Indianapolis New England Patriots 24-20
Nov. 2, 2008 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 18-15
Nov. 15, 2009 Indianapolis Indianapolis Colts 35-34

40+27+38+20+18+35= 178 = 29.7pts game
21+20+34+24+15+34= 148 = 24.7pts game
10pts? Looks like 5pts to me...
Let's take out 2005 for funsies.
27+38+20+18+35= 138 = 27.6pts game
20+34+24+15+34= 127 = 25.4pts game
Interesting, removing the most far distant game, gets it down to a 2.2pt per game difference...
Maybe try the next game?
38+20+18+35= 111 = 27.75pts game
34+24+15+34= 107 = 26.75pts game
Wow, down to a 1pt per game difference from the last 4 games?
I wonder what the point per game difference is for the last 3 games? (it's zero, but I'll show you the math)
20+18+35= 73 = 23.3pts game
24+15+34= 73 = 23.3pts game
OMG, 0pts game!

How come, if as you say Peyton Manning has our defense figured out, as we get closer and closer to the present, he seems to be, according to the logic provided by YOU, less and less "dominant"??

/lawyered

Provide some stats like I just did and maybe we can have this conversation, but I'll go out on a limb and say nobody has had a bigger increase in PPG and Win/loss Ratio against the Patriots than Peyton and the Colts

Here are the avg ppg that NE surrendered in a given season and then the actual PPG that the Colts scored in the given season against the pats plus the differential from the avg. Doesn't seem like an increasing pattern to me.

All IND Dif
2001 17.0 15.0 (2.0)
2003 14.9 34.0 19.1
2004 16.3 24.0 7.8
2005 21.1 40.0 18.9
2006 14.8 27.0 12.2
2007 17.1 20.0 2.9
2008 19.3 18.0 (1.3)
2009 17.8 35.0 17.2

Last edited:
40+27+38+20+18+35= 178 = 29.7pts game
21+20+34+24+15+34= 148 = 24.7pts game
10pts? Looks like 5pts to me...
Let's take out 2005 for funsies.
27+38+20+18+35= 138 = 27.6pts game
20+34+24+15+34= 127 = 25.4pts game
Interesting, removing the most far distant game, gets it down to a 2.2pt per game difference...
Maybe try the next game?
38+20+18+35= 111 = 27.75pts game
34+24+15+34= 107 = 26.75pts game
Wow, down to a 1pt per game difference from the last 4 games?
I wonder what the point per game difference is for the last 3 games? (it's zero, but I'll show you the math)
20+18+35= 73 = 23.3pts game
24+15+34= 73 = 23.3pts game
OMG, 0pts game!

How come, if as you say Peyton Manning has our defense figured out, as we get closer and closer to the present, he seems to be, according to the logic provided by YOU, less and less "dominant"??

/lawyered

Why take out any games? Oh so you can manipulate the stats to fit your argument........ I listed every game in the rivalry without moving taking out or distorting any facts

And the 10+ ppg difference was the COLTS increase over the first 4 games to the last 6 READING COMPREHENSION

so If by lawyered you mean, cherry picking stats, arguments, and being purposely deceitful, yes I was lawyered pretty good by you :rolleyes: I hope I never get stuck with you if i'm in need of a public defender

Why take out any games? Oh so you can manipulate the stats to fit your argument........ I listed every game in the rivalry without moving taking out or distorting any facts

And the 10+ ppg difference was the COLTS increase over the first 4 games to the last 6 READING COMPREHENSION

so If by lawyered you mean, cherry picking stats, arguments, and being purposely deceitful, yes I was lawyered pretty good by you :rolleyes: I hope I never get stuck with you if i'm in need of a public defender

Because you made the assertion that Manning has "figured out" the Pats D. If that were the case taking away games further away from today would only increase the difference.

Here are the avg ppg that NE scored in a given season and then the actual PPG that the Colts scored in the given season plus the differential from the avg. Doesn't seem like an increasing pattern to me.

NE IND Dif
2001 17.0 15.0 (2.0)
2003 14.9 34.0 19.1
2004 16.3 24.0 7.8
2005 21.1 40.0 18.9
2006 14.8 27.0 12.2
2007 17.1 20.0 2.9
2008 19.3 18.0 (1.3)
2009 17.8 35.0 17.2

Wow I'm really losing some of you.

This conversation has NOTHING to do with The Colts vs Patriots ppg

It has been about the INCREASE of the COLTS PPG and success against the Patriots defense. I don't see what the last 2 posters comparing the Colts/Pats PPG are trying to get at in the context of this conversation

Last edited:
Definitely Denver.

Brady is 1 - 6 against Denver in his career (including playoffs). That is the only team in the NFL he isn't .500 or better against as a starter.

It has been about the INCREASE of the COLTS PPG and success against the Patriots defense. I don't see what the last 2 posters comparing the Colts/Pats PPG are trying to get at in the context of this conversation

Sorry, it was a typo. That is the NE D average PPG surrendered. Not NE offense points scored. I've edited the description to clear it up.

Last edited:
Because you made the assertion that Manning has "figured out" the Pats D. If that were the case taking away games further away from today would only increase the difference.

It's turned into kind of a weird conversation. For starters, the Pats D from earlier in the decade is NOT the Pats D of the past 2-3 years, though BB does use some similar schemes.

Second, I don't think there is any question that Manning is not the QB that BB was able to flummox so easily in his younger days. It's not crazy to wonder if some of those early Pats games are what made Manning the QB that he is - obsessed with figuring out defenses, burning the midnight oil on game film & getting printouts of defensive coverages during games.

Very few QB's are able to read defenses & change plays the way that Peyton does at the line now.

This means nothing. Lets look at the games individually and the actual roster.

In 2003, the Pats had argueably the best defensive team under BB and Manning put up 34 point on a fast track. In the playoffs, it was outdoors and PM did nothing the 2nd time around.

In 04 same deal. 24 points allowed and a good effort against that offense. Manning barfed on his shoes in the playoffs.

In 05 the Pats D was a mess and Asante and Duane Starks and other crappy DBs were filling in and trying to cover up for Rodney being out, Bru coming back, etc.

In 06, a good defensive effort vs a great offense. Playoff game was no Rodney vs PM and a tired team. PM played great.

In 07, pats had a good D and played well.

In 08, only reason Colts were held to 18 points was b/c Pats had the ball for almost 35 min.

In 09, Pats defense was not very good and PM lit them up in the 2nd 1/2

So I don't think that Manning has gotten better vs the Pats D, the Pats D hasn't had the talent on the field to shut him down.

Last edited:
Just so that Colts fans can shut up, I really hope one of our defenders knocks Manning out of the game so they have to put Curtis "Finger" Painter in. Then L Bizzle and every other Colts fan can see what we had to go through when they faced us without Brady in 08.

Here's the last 4 years against Indy, in which they are 3-1. They each came down to 1 key play late in the game:

09: Faulk getting the 1st down but not getting it
08: wide-open Gaffney drops game winning TD
07: Pats win
06: AFCC game - take your pick, about 8 different plays and bad calls in the 4th qtr - if just ONE of them goes our way, we win

And for whatever reason, ALL of those games have been in Indy.

So certainly no dominance by the Colts - much better described as HFA (mostly unearned) and ridiculous luck.

I think the winds will blow differently in Foxboro and it's gonna be the good ole days of 17 point Patriot wins.

Last edited:
Including the last 2 games in New England. Does any other team have that kind of recent success against the Patriots? Just a honest question.

Well, here's the data. If we go back to 2001, when the Pats started playing at an elite level, and if you look at how they have done against their divisional rivals and against the better teams in the conference and if you also divide the nine years from 01 to 09 into two groups: 01--04 (the SB seasons) and 05--09 (the "other" seasons at an elite level), here is what you see in terms of the Pats W--L Record:

Division
Bills: 2001 to 2009: 17--1; 2001 to 2004: 7--1; 2005 to 2009: 10--0.
Dolphins: 11--7, 5--3, 6--4
Jets: 14--5, 6--2, 8--3

So, in the Division we've owned the Bills while both the Jets and Dolphins have played us tougher: the Fins consistently (usually in Miami) and the Jets recently. The Dolphins have been consistently the toughest W for the Pats in the Division.

Conference Rivals
Broncos: 2001 to 2009: 2--6; 2001 to 2004: 1--2; 2005 to 2009: 1--4.
Chargers: 4--3, 1--1, 3--2.
Colts: 6--5, 5--0, 1--5.
Ravens: 2--1, 1--1, 1--0
Steelers: 5--2, 3--1, 2--1

Over the nine years, the Broncos are clearly the one team we'd like to forget. From 05 to 09, we have fared almost equally as poorly against both the Colts and Broncos.

The Chargers have been tough, except when it counts the most. The Ravens have played us four times (adding 2010) and only beaten us once.

It's true that we seem to be able to beat the Steelers whenever we have to.

Last edited:
This thread will make the victory Sunday that much sweeter.

2005 was a beatdown, 2006 reg season colts clearly were better. 2008 was a close game despite cassel. 2009 was a choke, had pats not wasted all their challenges/timeouts on stupid stuff they could of challenged that 4th and 2. O well though that's their fault. The ball spot could of gone either way though. I still think the playoff gamein 06 was crap, this call completely changed the game YouTube - Patriots were robbed I mean are you kidding me? Especially considering the PI call on Hobbs. Funny colts fans I talked to said it was deemed uncatchable because it was caldwell :D

Last edited:
I believe the Brady vs Manning opinions are tied directly to winning these Pats vs Colts games. If Brady can string out some wins people will begin to change their tune.

Hmm. I thought from the thread title and accompanying initial comment it was simply an innocent:rolleyes: question about what other NFL teams have had recent success against the Patriots.

Based on just about everything since then, I would have to agree that this conversation has nothing to do with the Colts ppg versus the Patriots ppg.

Looks to me as if the conversation is more likely an elaborate and well-thought out form of trolling. Ask an innocent question; receive an expected response; and fire away to debunk those anticipated answers with well-rehearsed rebuttals.

Bravo.

Yes, the Colts have won five of the last six meetings
Yes, the Colts have scored more/Pats given up more in those last six meetings than in comparison to the six previous meetings - which were all won by the Pats.

What is your point? When people answer your original question, unless I missed it I see no responses from you. Your only responses were when people came up with reasons/excuses for those losses. That makes me think you were never the least bit interested in an answer to your question, and the whole purpose of this thread was a ruse; I think your sole intention was to get under the skin of people here.

Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back