PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts have beat the Patriots 5 out of the last 6 meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Bizzle

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Including the last 2 games in New England. Does any other team have that kind of recent success against the Patriots? Just a honest question.

Last edited:
The Broncos could put up an argument. So could the Dolphins, who always seem to split with us. But neither has been as consistent in recent years as the Colts have been.

It pisses me off. Pats used to own the Colts.

The Patriots also beat the Colts 6 in a row before the first time you beat us. History doesn't mean sh*t. This game kind of feels like that game...where you just knew the Colts were in for a good night...same thing with the Pats this week. Enjoy.

That is only because Cassel sucked against every good team and the refs screwed us on a 4th down that Peyton would get in any close game.

Its like Brady has to be perfect but yet Peyton has a practice squad? Yea a practice squad that catches any poor pass and keeps their feet in perfect position every single time, Tate is more like a PS player with his one good game in two seasons.

The Patriots also beat the Colts 6 in a row before the first time you beat us. History doesn't mean sh*t. This game kind of feels like that game...where you just knew the Colts were in for a good night...same thing with the Pats this week. Enjoy.

I have never "knew the colts were in for a good night" against the Patriots. I have gone into every game expecting anything to happen knowing that when these teams meet anything goes. Just like a divisional game, when two teams know each other so well any outcome is possible and terms like "favorites" and "underdogs" should be thrown out the window.

I have never "knew the colts were in for a good night" against the Patriots. I have gone into every game expecting anything to happen knowing that when these teams meet anything goes. Just like a divisional game, when two teams know each other so well any outcome is possible and terms like "favorites" and "underdogs" should be thrown out the window.

I'm a delusional homer type of Pats fan, and even I knew in the back of my mind in 2005 that the Colts would kill us...based on a number of things...the way we'd been playing all season (I think we were 4-3 at that point), the significant injuries (half the defense was out at the time) and the way the Colts were playing (they were undefeated at the time.) And the second Manning threw his first deep ball for a completion, I knew we were in for a long night.

I have that same feeling about this game...based on the fact that the Pats are the better team this year, your team is dealing with injuries, along with the fact that Manning is having an off year (compared to what he usually does.)

Every other game, I've thought it could go either way and admittedly felt nervous, but this week I don't for some reason, especially after putting up close to 40 on a defense like Pittsburgh's.

The Colts injury issues might turn out to be a bit overplayed. They definitely were issues over the past 2 weeks, but a lot of guys - including Collie & Addai - could be back this week.

I read that the only guy not on IR who might end up missing the game is Sanders...

Pats defense in 2008 held the Colts to 18 points, and we were a ******ed unnecessary roughness penalty away from tying the game with Matt Cassel at QB.

No one expected the Pats to play the Colts tough last year, yet they essentially won the game if the call goes the other way.

And let's keep in mind the Colts have been at home for every single game since 2006.

So while they have the wins, it's not like they 'had our number'. The teams match up very well.

Pats defense in 2008 held the Colts to 18 points, and we were a ******ed unnecessary roughness penalty away from tying the game with Matt Cassel at QB.

No one expected the Pats to play the Colts tough last year, yet they essentially won the game if the call goes the other way.

And let's keep in mind the Colts have been at home for every single game since 2006.

So while they have the wins, it's not like they 'had our number'. The teams match up very well.

I'll always be convinced that we traded David Thomas based on that one game.

Unfortunately we've beaten ourselves lately against the Colts. We should have won both of the last 2 games and there's no reason we should have lost the 06 AFC title game except for the refs and Eric Alexander.

The only one of those games that is even remotely applicable is the 2006 regular season game. In Foxboro, cold but no other weather issues...except the field was still grass.

Manning had a solid but not spectacular game. Brady had his yearly stinker with 4 picks. Add a Dillon fumble, a 70 yd kickoff return and a missed 36 yd FG and it is clear the Pats just killed themselves. Even with all that, Brady had the ball on the Colts 39 with 1:30 left before a pass to Faulk deflected into his final interception.

If the Pats can avoid these types of breakdowns, they should be able to handle this Colts team at home. The Colts OL is about the level of what the Steelers threw out there last week. The Pats likely won't sack Manning much, but should be able to put the game on his shoulders and keep him from getting too comfortable.

The Colts D is only effective if they can get the opposing team in 3rd-n-long, especially if Brackett and Sessions are less than 100%. With Gronk and Crump on the field, I don't see Freeney and Mathis having much fun...but I can see them getting beat up in the run game.

if the pats don't come ready to play, we could end up being the steelers and the colts could end up being us from last week. i hope we have our helmets screwed on right.

if the pats don't come ready to play, we could end up being the steelers

You REALLY don't think a Bill Belichick coached team wouldn't be ready for a critical mid-season game against the other best QB in the league?

You REALLY don't think a Bill Belichick coached team wouldn't be ready for a critical mid-season game against the other best QB in the league?

;) exactly what i was thinking, like really?

;) exactly what i was thinking, like really?

It's ridiculous how people are calling this a "trap" game. Watch out, the Patriots are looking ahead to the LIONS! :rolleyes:

People are acting like the Colts are 4-5 and Manning isn't playing. They're leading their division and are ONE GAME behind the best record in the league. This is a huge game. No one is over looking it.

Last edited:
So why did Peter use 2003? Why not 2000 which would give a full 10 years? Why use an odd year (2003) unless there was a stat he wanted to use and then fit it in.

Now out of the 5 out of 6 games most were at the Lube. I wonder what it would have been if the games were 3 home and 3 away.

King's probably going back to when they started as top-level rivals. Go back to '00 and Pats were 5-11, Colts 10-6; neither made the playoffs. In '01, we all know what the Pats did but Colts were 6-10 and not really relevant. In '02 Pats missed playoffs and Colts got in and were creamed by the Jets.

I think it's fair to say the rivalry as we know it today started in '03. Pats won their regular season matchup , the McGinest/goal-line stop game. (The Wikipedia entry on that game says "The 38-34 thriller left the Patriots shaken." Huh?) Then there was that year's AFCCG, when the Pats stoned the high-powered and rolling Colts' O.

Edit: For the record, they split in '00, Pats were 2-0 in '01 and they DNP in '02. So Pats 3-1 in that period

Last edited:
King's probably going back to when they started as top-level rivals. Go back to '00 and Pats were 5-11, Colts 10-6; neither made the playoffs. In '01, we all know what the Pats did but Colts were 6-10 and not really relevant. In '02 Pats missed playoffs and Colts got in and were creamed by the Jets.

I think it's fair to say the rivalry as we know it today started in '03. Pats won their regular season matchup , the McGinest/goal-line stop game. (The Wikipedia entry on that game says "The 38-34 thriller left the Patriots shaken." Huh?) Then there was that year's AFCCG, when the Pats stoned the high-powered and rolling Colts' O.

Spot on. 2003 is when the rivalry really took on major significance.

Last edited:
According to 99% of this thread, the Colts never beat the patriots by being the better team. Apparently heat, crowd noise, referees, injuries, alignment of the stars, and the cointoss have been the deciding factors :rolleyes:

How little credit you all give the Colts, who have been decimated with injuries several of the most recent years, just according to most of you the Colts have never been injury plagued so this season must be our year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye