PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts big FA splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Okay, I've been listening to Colts fans and Colts supporters tell me for years that Peyton Manning's contract will not interfere with them signing players.

Even after the SB, when some here suggested that the Colts had cap troubles, they were pooh poohed, and told the Colts could easily make cap room to sign their own players and still compete in the FA market. Supposedly Mannng re-did his contract again, pushing off more of his money into the remaining years.

So, okay. Where is the news of the Colts FA activity? I don't even hear about them signing their own players, never mind making a big FA signing.

What's the deal?

Okay, I've been listening to Colts fans and Colts supporters tell me for years that Peyton Manning's contract will not interfere with them signing players.

Even after the SB, when some here suggested that the Colts had cap troubles, they were pooh poohed, and told the Colts could easily make cap room to sign their own players and still compete in the FA market. Supposedly Mannng re-did his contract again, pushing off more of his money into the remaining years.

So, okay. Where is the news of the Colts FA activity? I don't even hear about them signing their own players, never mind making a big FA signing.

What's the deal?

Dumbass they cut Stokley and Reagor!! Didn't you hear?

:D

Dumbass was written in complete satire!

:D :D

What's the deal?

Uh-oh. Prepare for Yankess/Colts to go on some long, conveluded rant about this.

Last edited:

What's the deal?

Sounds like someone describing us in past offseasons. Bottom line who cares.

Well their QB saved them $8M by restructuring but it all went to Freeney's Franchise Tag. Bottom line, they only have a few million right now, they're . . . stuck. Too bad we let them get the one win.

Sounds like someone describing us in past offseasons. Bottom line who cares.

Not quite. Not even close for that matter! We never had 30 to 40% of the players who were on our starting defense become FA's at the same time!

Without any cap space at that!

Freeney, Morris, June, Harper and Doss. They cut Reagor and most likely will cut Simon and yet they will only have enough money to sign Freeney or match his Tag figure and sign their Rookies with a few bucks left over for a Low end FA or two.

We didn't even discuss the offense. So I am not sure how you can compare any Pats offseason to 2007 of the Colts?

Not quite. Not even close for that matter! We never had 30 to 40% of the players who were on our starting defense become FA's at the same time!

Without any cap space at that!

Freeney, Morris, June, Harper and Doss. They cut Reagor and most likely will cut Simon and yet they will only have enough money to sign Freeney or match his Tag figure and sign their Rookies with a few bucks left over for a Low end FA or two.

We didn't even discuss the offense. So I am not sure how you can compare any Pats offseason to 2007 of the Colts?

Was refering more to the title of the thread " The Colts big FA splash"

They put there eggs in one basket.....Revenge is best serve cold:D

What's the deal?

Cato June should be back with the Colts-all of the Cover 2 teams(not many of them at there, really) have solidified their LB corps. Although the Giants are interested in him.

What's the deal?

Didin't you hear? They resigned Manning. ;) Well...ok...restructured. But he still had to sign a new comtract. Btw the Colts are never major players with FAs. Not much in recent years, Corey Simon and AV, did they go out and drop some coin on a FA, unless you count resigning their own.

Last edited:
Well their QB saved them $8M by restructuring but it all went to Freeney's Franchise Tag. Bottom line, they only have a few million right now, they're . . . stuck. Too bad we let them get the one win.

They saved $2.8 million by cutting Stokley and Reagor, just FYI.

The Colts never sign free agents and never will. The Colts build through the draft and then keep their players once developed. This is what Super Bowl champion teams do.

Congratulations, like Dan Snyder you have no Lombardi trophy but have turned into proud March NFL champions. :rocker:

What does the march championship ring look like?

Last edited:
The Colts never sign free agents and never will. The Colts build through the draft and then keep their players once developed. This is what Super Bowl champion teams do.

Congratulations, like Dan Snyder you have no Lombardi trophy but have turned into proud March NFL champions. :rocker:

They didn't sign Adam vinatieri last year? Odd.

Not sure I can recall a time that the championship rings were handed out in March!

I do recall what the 3 lombardi trophy rings looked liked from the 2005 SB championship team.

You're surely not comparing your lone 2007 ring to the 2005 3 time championship ring...right?

They didn't sign Adam vinatieri last year? Odd.

The use of never - obviously for effect, to get the point across.

Every once in a while they will, but it is rare. It will probably become even more rare after the Corey Simon situation.

Not sure I can recall a time that the championship rings were handed out in March!

I do recall what the 3 lombardi trophy rings looked liked from the 2005 SB championship team.

You're surely not comparing your lone 2007 ring to the 2005 3 time championship ring...right?

Money spent doesn't = superbowls won. In an ideal world Money spent = Production. In a utopia Production is > Money spent.

The latter is where the Patriots excel and that is the reason why we win/contend year in and year out!

Time for a new signature. Maybe an ode to Dan Snyder. :)

yankee/colts' mom let him out of the basement again:bricks:

Money spent doesn't = superbowls won. In an ideal world Money spent = Production. In a utopia Production is > Money spent.

The latter is where the Patriots excel and that is the reason why we win/contend year in and year out!

Time for a new signature. Maybe an ode to Dan Snyder. :)

Did you get beat up alot....someone take your mik money;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes