Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Colts - a team that can't run the ball or play D...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Sep 1, 2006.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

IF - big if - the pre-season is any indication (which it often isn't). So far, though, their D doesn't look so great and they aren't running the ball well. They do have a dynamic offense, but this isn't exactly a recipe for the kind of success EVERYONE is predicting for them (again).
  2. RoughingthePasser

RoughingthePasser Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The St. Louis Rams?
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

If you're referring to the Super Bowl champion or NFC Champion St. Louis Rams - greatest show on turf - they had a very, VERY good defense and ran the ball, no problem. Very different from what I'm expecting from Indy this year.
  4. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Defense should be fine. But the running game is putrid. Preseaon or not,2.8 yards per carry is not cutting it on any level. Addai and Rhodes have been given every opportunity to show their goods and I think they left their bag's on the plane.
  5. NE39

NE39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They sucked last year in the preseason as well.

That said, I think they miss James. They will still throw the ball and score points, but they will miss James.
  6. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

If they cannot run they ball, they will not throw it nearly as well. A good portion of Manning success (of course we mean statisitcally and regular season here) is that the passing game was set up James running, and the respect defenses had to pay to it.
    Defensively, they are far from good. If the offense is staying on the field for long stretches, and giving them leads, they will statistically look much better than they are (like in 2005) but a dropoff in offense will expose the defense statistically, to where the stats will reflect the true quality of the defense---not good.

The Colts are in for a major step back this year, possibly all the way to 8-8.
  7. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Are you basing any opinion upon a game that the Colts only played 1 of 22 starters( not to mention that neither their kicker or punter dressed)? They Colts treat the preseason as just that, the preseason. It's really hard to get a feel for them if you watch their preseason. BTW, Edge is averaging .1 yards per carry. Ya, point one.
  8. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

I know I'm basing it on watching Addai and Rhodes play - with 1st stringers in - and on reading what analysts have said about their performance. Also, the Colts D, while good for fantasy football, is far from fundamentally sound, and has lost a key member of the DL in Tripplette and their starting LB, Thorton. Also, that Marlin Jackson I was hoping to land last year - glad you got him. He blows.

Bob Sanders is very good. Dwight Freeny is terrific (in a one-dimensional way) and Corey Simon was a swell pick-up. Other than that, the D's not scaring anyone.
  9. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Marshall Faulk.
  10. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Only the scariest RB I've ever seen.
  11. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Oh and BTW as a Colts fan you should know that Edge doesnt play in preseason games.

In case you forgot.

So you dont have any points.
  12. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And as a Colts fan, I know that most of the starters play very little in the preseason. The Colts second string o-line is awful.