Where should I put my money?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am going to be putting money down on the coin toss this year. Right now I am leaning towards heads, however heads has been the toss the last three years. Also, the last time the Pats/Giants were in the SB it was tails. So should I change my mind to tails? State your case and vote.

Note: People who are wrong will be held responsible.

I say you got a 50/50 shot

I was just out at Hilton Las Vegas (now LVH) over the weekend and you can bet either side at just -101 which I had never seen before. Usually they make it -105 which is a rip on something that defines 50/50 but they know people will play it for the novelty.

Once in awhile you'll see offshore books make one side a favorite to try and balance their action which is pretty funny. Heads -106, Tails -103

I got a C note on heads and from where I sit, its all but impossible for it to be anything else. Mind you, I failed math starting in grade 1.

Look, I don't care about there records overall, I just think that heads is clearly hot right now. Honestly, at the very end of a flip, when it comes down to crunch time, who do you trust more? If you take away all of tail's career accomplishments, and look solely at their recent play, I think that heads has been more impressive, winning all of its last three flips. "Tails never fails" has been living on its legacy, when in reality its limping into this game with some lucky wins. This is a what have you done for me lately league, and tails hasn't been getting it done. The idea that tails is going to beat a hot heads that has been dominant in recent years is laughable. This is the game that's going to put heads into the Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Also I picked tails.

Last edited:
Look, I don't care about there records overall, I just think that heads is clearly hot right now. Honestly, at the very end of a flip, when it comes down to crunch time, who do you trust more? If you take away all of tail's career accomplishments, and look solely at their recent play, I think that heads has been more impressive, winning all of its last three flips. "Tails never fails" has been living on its legacy, when in reality its limping into this game with some lucky wins. This is a what have you done for me lately league, and tails hasn't been getting it done. The idea that tails is going to beat a hot heads that has been dominant in recent years is laughable. This is the game that's going to put tails into the Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Also I picked tails.

Excellent breakdown

Funny thing is that the NFC has won the last 15 I heard!

everyone knows its gonna be tails- put 50,000 on it

Hasn't the NFC won like the last 14 coin tosses or something ridiculous like that?

Do the Giants always defer, like we do?

What really sucks is the whatever it is there is no guarantee it was the best result. I personally feel cheated that I heads could win when it could just be a fluke.
I think they should do a round robin format then that way you can be more sure that a side of the coin doesn't get lucky and win even though the other side beat it many times during the season.
Can we even watch the game knowing that there is an eqaul chance the worse side will land up?

put your money down on Heads as long as this guy isn't flipping the coin you should be good!
2qwir0g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey