PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Chicken Littles are crowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree - yesterday's game was a thing of beauty.

It was a rope-a-dope gameplan designed by BB intended to lull other teams into complacency, having them focus on a gameplan that appears to show a roadmap into how to beat the Patriots only to have the OL, and WR play at Super Bowl caliber catching opposing team defenses flat-footed.

I can't stand all these so-called fans who actually think this team isn't ready to blow away the competition and win the Super Bowl. Damn Chicken Littles!
;)

C'mon folks - why is it that one can't offer a realistic assessment of the recent sub-par play of this team without being called a "Chicken Little"?

The sky's not falling. If the play of this week - as well as the past weeks turnovers - continue, it's clear that it's already hit the ground.

We all know there are injuries, and we all know the personnel on the field isn't exactly part of a master pre-season plan. But neither we as fans nor this team have ever accepted excuses before - why start now?

Stating the obvious shouldn't be a reason to others to disparage one's commitment as a fan - it should be recognized that as Patriots fans we don't accept excuses and don't see our football team through the same rose colored glasses that other team fans often seem to.

I for one recognize the reality that this team has not shown they are ready to go deep in the playoffs. It's up to the players to change that and it matters little what I say about it.

Yeah, like he said.

I disagree - yesterday's game was a thing of beauty.

It was a rope-a-dope gameplan designed by BB intended to lull other teams into complacency, having them focus on a gameplan that appears to show a roadmap into how to beat the Patriots only to have the OL, and WR play at Super Bowl caliber catching opposing team defenses flat-footed.

I can't stand all these so-called fans who actually think this team isn't ready to blow away the competition and win the Super Bowl. Damn Chicken Littles!
;)

C'mon folks - why is it that one can't offer a realistic assessment of the recent sub-par play of this team without being called a "Chicken Little"?

The sky's not falling. If the play of this week - as well as the past weeks turnovers - continue, it's clear that it's already hit the ground.

We all know there are injuries, and we all know the personnel on the field isn't exactly part of a master pre-season plan. But neither we as fans nor this team have ever accepted excuses before - why start now?

Stating the obvious shouldn't be a reason to others to disparage one's commitment as a fan - it should be recognized that as Patriots fans we don't accept excuses and don't see our football team through the same rose colored glasses that other team fans often seem to.

I for one recognize the reality that this team has not shown they are ready to go deep in the playoffs. It's up to the players to change that and it matters little what I say about it.

Too much sense in one post.

TV, it's all I have access to.

Box, do you have a DVD recorder? I was wondering if they work for game recording. I no longer own vhs, and have only dvd players. Tivo is no good, because the only place I would have time to break down tape any more is here at work (I am perpetually here at work:mad:) So, if I could burn the game onto DVD and was able to forward it frame by frame on my pc here at work, that would be cool.

Box, do you have a DVD recorder? I was wondering if they work for game recording. I no longer own vhs, and have only dvd players. Tivo is no good, because the only place I would have time to break down tape any more is here at work (I am perpetually here at work:mad:) So, if I could burn the game onto DVD and was able to forward it frame by frame on my pc here at work, that would be cool.
I use my DVR (Tivo) for my stuff at home, but the DirecTV version will allow you to save the recording to a DVD-recorder if you want to use it at work.

Guys...This si a football board for fans. It's not life and death, so let's all put some perspective on it. It is easier to ignore those who we don't see eye to eye with. Christmas is righ taround the corner, so lets all be thankful for our families and blessings and call this thing a truce!
There are some problems you can ignore just so long neighbor, NEM is a cancer who goes to other Patriots' forums and identifies himself as being from Patsfans - then he proceeds to attack them and come back here to bad mouth them for responding to his attacks. His past behavior here has resulted in multiple temporary bans. I have tried the peaceful coexistence route, after numerous veiled and open threats from him, I have no intention of being tolerant.

Box, as he said, has TiVo.

I'm still working off VHS tapes, but it won't be long until I get a DVD recorder (easier than using a TV Tuner card then burning onto a DVD like I'm doing now too).

I think it is valid to be concerned, but too early to give up hope. Other than San Diego and maybe Cincy, what playoff team has been playing good consistent football in recent weeks? Indy has lost the last three out of four and their defense looks to get worse. The Jets got outclassed by the Bills. KC got crushed by the Ravens yesterday who got crushed by the Bengals the week before. Dallas looked like crap in their loss last night. The Seahawks lost to the Cards. Denver is all, but eliminated from playoff consideration. None of the Wild Card competitors for the NFC look to want to get a spot. The Bears lost to us a few weeks back.

I still think we can beat almost any playoff team because they all have their issues. I think this is a down year for the NFL overall and there is no real elite teams this year.

If we play like we did yesterday in the playoffs, no way we win. If we play like we did the previous two weeks minus the turnovers, I think we still have a shot.

I think that SD is getting in the groove at just the right time to make the most legit run at it.....the rest of the AFC is pretty open...I'll agree with you there.....no other team really stands out that much more than another.....will be interesting down the stretch....

You are full of crap, as usual. But, I will continue to hand it out to anyone, like you, who instigates trouble and then proceeds to lay if off on someone else. Have a nice day.
Pretty bold talk for a wanker who was banned from another Pats site in the past couple days, you took your crap there and identified yourself as being from here, fortunately they still welcome visitors and just made sure you would never be one of them - but I have to wonder how many other Patriots forums you have infested with your fleas and how fondly people think about this forum with you making yourself the front man. Report my "instigations" and be glad you will never be under oath and have to face perjury charges for being the liar and swine you are. Don't have a nice day, and I mean that much more sincerely than your departing remark.

Guys...This si a football board for fans. It's not life and death, so let's all put some perspective on it. It is easier to ignore those who we don't see eye to eye with. Christmas is righ taround the corner, so lets all be thankful for our families and blessings and call this thing a truce!

SCPatBoy, you couldn't be more right. I would like to add however, that unlike this board, football games are what its all about. Life is just that sad series of events that happens between games and in the offseason.:p

Box, as he said, has TiVo.

I'm still working off VHS tapes, but it won't be long until I get a DVD recorder (easier than using a TV Tuner card then burning onto a DVD like I'm doing now too).

Thanks to you too, Pats1. I missed the post that Box said he had Tivo. Those DVD recorders seem like the answer, yet they still seem a little pricey....

TV has some real bad angles for reviewing plays. ESPN tonight is especially bad. They have a higher angle camera that they never seem to use.

Thanks to you too, Pats1. I missed the post that Box said he had Tivo. Those DVD recorders seem like the answer, yet they still seem a little pricey....

TV has some real bad angles for reviewing plays. ESPN tonight is especially bad. They have a higher angle camera that they never seem to use.
TV angles are usually horrible for reviewing plays, but you work at it and occasionally get a little crosscheck of your interpretation when they use an end zone camera shot on a replay. In time you can get pretty consistent with deciphering the play, not perfect by any means - but I'm nota Quality Control Assistant for the Pats, so I just have to be my best and enjoy the play. The biggest issue I have is player substitutions, I may be a couple plays into a drive before I realize that isn't the player I thought was in at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes