PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Charger Fans Will Have Figured Out Football-Awww, The Horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the fact that they left off the "What to Do When the Home Team is Down by Two Scores" (instruction - do anything but sit there in stunned silence) section will really hurt them come Sunday!

Should Pats fans attending the game be instructed to chant "WE CAN RUN" when either Corey or LoMo rips off a 10 yarder?

What's the over/under on the number of charger fans that come to the game with that (or something like that) printed out for them to refer to during the game:D

What's the over/under on the number of charger fans that come to the game with that (or something like that) printed out for them to refer to during the game:D

I'm cracking up at the mental picture of some clown in a Rivers jersey busting out a folded up sheet with that column on it, "Oh, I'm supposed to be quiet when we're in the huddle.. good to know."

Last edited:
What a front running pack of losers; pretty pathetic that prior to this year, more fans sat in the stadium pulling for the visiting team than the Dolts.

This explains the pep rally for a second round game (oh sorry, AFC "Tournament";since when has it been called that), fight songs and the nitwits from San Diego calling WEEI this week gracing us with all of their football "knowledge"..........pathetic, just pathetic, their fans deserve to see this team get smoked on Sunday.............

What a front running pack of losers; pretty pathetic that prior to this year, more fans sat in the stadium pulling for the visiting team than the Dolts.

This explains the pep rally for a second round game (oh sorry, AFC "Tournament";since when has it been called that), fight songs and the nitwits from San Diego calling WEEI this week gracing us with all of their football "knowledge"..........pathetic, just pathetic, their fans deserve to see this team get smoked on Sunday.............

----------------

I think both teams have bandwagon fans like those. One thing is sure though, the Q will be very loud on Sunday. A lot of these wagoneers would have figured out by now when to get loud and when to shut up. I'm a native San Diegan, born and raised, and have not seen such fan frenzy. Even the local rallies and shows leading up to this game trump 1995, when the Chargers made their first SB appearance.

BTW, I heard Junior on the radio this morning saying ..."I'm feeling bittersweet about the whole situation; my team against my home team;.....I'd be neutral in this game and would stay on the sidelines;....I think the Chargers are the better team going into Sunday's game."

:)

There are plenty of diehard Charger fans, and I'm sure they'll be at the "Q" on Sunday. The Chargers have always had pretty good attendance, considering their bad history. Of course attendance goes up when the team is successful. And yes, San Diego is full of transplants, so you're always going to have fans of the opposing team there. I've never been in the stadium when there were more fans rooting for the opposing team though. Don't know where that came from. Raider fans usually represent fairly well here, although they've been dwindling lately.
I don't fault the city for getting excited about a 14 - 2 football team. I'm sure New England fans weren't buzzing about thier team when they went 1 - 15. Wasn't the attendance around 40,000 per game that year?

There are plenty of diehard Charger fans, and I'm sure they'll be at the "Q" on Sunday. The Chargers have always had pretty good attendance, considering their bad history. Of course attendance goes up when the team is successful. And yes, San Diego is full of transplants, so you're always going to have fans of the opposing team there. I've never been in the stadium when there were more fans rooting for the opposing team though. Don't know where that came from. Raider fans usually represent fairly well here, although they've been dwindling lately.
I don't fault the city for getting excited about a 14 - 2 football team. I'm sure New England fans weren't buzzing about thier team when they went 1 - 15. Wasn't the attendance around 40,000 per game that year?

First off, the Pats haven't been 1-15 in about 18 years.
Secondaly, up until THIS YEAR, the city of San Diego was bailing the Chargers out by purchasing the remaining tickets to ensure the team wasn't blacked out. In fact, it was one of the bones of contention behind the city funding a new stadium.

When I went to the Pats game in 2002, there were about 15000-20000 Pats fans at the game. Thats a pretty signficant number. There were lots of Bolts fans, but even the papers, afterwards, were surprised at how many Pats fans had turned out.

I think that SD fans will also be surprised this time around at how many Pats fans are at the game. I know PLENTY of Pats fans who are residents in Southern California and have been there for 20+years. And Pats fans for more than that.

First off, the Pats haven't been 1-15 in about 18 years.
Secondaly, up until THIS YEAR, the city of San Diego was bailing the Chargers out by purchasing the remaining tickets to ensure the team wasn't blacked out. In fact, it was one of the bones of contention behind the city funding a new stadium.

When I went to the Pats game in 2002, there were about 15000-20000 Pats fans at the game. Thats a pretty signficant number. There were lots of Bolts fans, but even the papers, afterwards, were surprised at how many Pats fans had turned out.

I think that SD fans will also be surprised this time around at how many Pats fans are at the game. I know PLENTY of Pats fans who are residents in Southern California and have been there for 20+years. And Pats fans for more than that.

Ok, you pretty much went right along with everything I said. 2002 was the first decent Charger season in a while. Previous to that we were 5 - 11, and 1 - 15. The fans weren't sold on the team. Not as many fans come out. It's just the way it is here and in alot of cities. Granted you have some cities like KC, Green Bay, that are sold out for the next 20 years. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of fans at the game Sunday. There's a ton of New England fans down here.

The blackout rule was pretty bad for the city, especially considering how bad the team was during that time. Meanwhile, I was able to enjoy each and every game from the cozy confines of my living room during the 2000 1 - 15 season.

San Diego fans know football, they know how to cheer for thier team. They don't read some lame manual before games. The "Q" gets pretty loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes