PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, i was just watching NFLN, and the dude from put up your dukes, said that he likes "the champs" to win against pit...

and the other day I was reading some news paper sports section, and they also refered to them as "The Champs"

isnt it great? havent won the big won in like 2 years, and are still called the champs, wonder how that makes the colts feel?

So, i was just watching NFLN, and the dude from put up your dukes, said that he likes "the champs" to win against pit...

and the other day I was reading some news paper sports section, and they also refered to them as "The Champs"

isnt it great? havent won the big won in like 2 years, and are still called the champs, wonder how that makes the colts feel?

Disrespected. You know, that old card that half the teams in the league play every year. They have a legitimate gripe for being disrespected though, unlike most teams who play that card.

Champs? We'll find out the first Sunday in February... maybe sooner if they're bounced from the playoffs.

Last edited:
Yeah, they should feel that way. But, I have a feeling we're going to see the Colts again. I know Pitt beat them in 05 at the Pumped In Noise Dome. But, I think they'll meet again this year 2 vs 3 game. I don't think Cleveland , Tennessee or Buffalo can win a playoff game in Pittsburgh. Pitt gets Indy. We get the winner of the SD/Jax game. I like the Jags. Garrard impressed me against Indy. Passes were right on the money. Jags have a bunch of big wr's. No shifty guys. I think they could use a guy like D.Branch.

Looking at the position the Steelers put themselves in with their pathetic losses to inferior teams we can kiss the bye week goodbye. So, winning on the road against the two best teams (INDY, NE) in the league is a pretty tall order. We did in in 05' and we can do it again... we've got to play much better football though. We're in the final quarter of the season and we need to start peaking now.

This guy is only trying to inflate his own ego by making that statement - not the Patriots.

They've done nothing that counts thus far. A perferct regular season will be a footnote in the record books but this team isn't interested in that.

If any member of the Patriots heard this guy they'd put him in his place.

Disrespected. You know, that old card that half the teams in the league play every year. They have a legitimate gripe for being disrespected though, unlike most teams who play that card.

Champs? We'll find out the first Sunday in February... maybe sooner if they're bounced from the playoffs.

You guys will bounce the Colts from the Playoffs........

Looking at the position the Steelers put themselves in with their pathetic losses to inferior teams we can kiss the bye week goodbye. So, winning on the road against the two best teams (INDY, NE) in the league is a pretty tall order. We did in in 05' and we can do it again... we've got to play much better football though. We're in the final quarter of the season and we need to start peaking now.
Quick note. The Steelers never played NE in the playoffs in '05. Had they, I doubt they would've been SB champs.

So, winning on the road against the two best teams (INDY, NE) in the league is a pretty tall order. We did in in 05' and we can do it again....

Well you didn't play against the two best teams.

It was Indy/Denver.

I dont think the Colts relish playing either the Bolts or the Steelers,but the game played in their home arena will be a boost....If either of those teams brings their "A" game,they'' be a handful.

I know who we played in 05' (CIN, INDY, DEN, SEA), my point was that this year we'll have to play in Indy, and if we win we'll have to play in New England. Those are the two best teams in the league this year so far. In 05' Indy and Denver were the two best teams and we beat both of them on the road... we did it then and we can do it again.

Quick note. The Steelers never played NE in the playoffs in '05. Had they, I doubt they would've been SB champs.

I know we didn't play NE in 05, but you guys weren't the best team in 05' we were. Had we played you we would've won, look at the way we played against CIN, INDY, and DEN in the playoffs... we were lights out. You guys went into Denver and lost, we went into Denver and dominated... we were undoubtedly the best team of 05'.

I know we didn't play NE in 05, but you guys weren't the best team in 05' we were. Had we played you we would've won, look at the way we played against CIN, INDY, and DEN in the playoffs... we were lights out. You guys went into Denver and lost, we went into Denver and dominated... we were undoubtedly the best team of 05'.

I don't know if you can say undoubtedly. And the Steelers looked terrible in the Super Bowl, so I don't think it's out of the question that the Patriots may have beaten them in Foxboro.

We'll never know.

I don't know if you can say undoubtedly. And the Steelers looked terrible in the Super Bowl, so I don't think it's out of the question that the Patriots may have beaten them in Foxboro.

We'll never know.

Fair enough, it's possible though unlikely that you guys could have won in Foxboro. We sucked in the superbowl and still won by 11 points... seems to me the Pats have never won one by more than 3 so I don't care about how we played. We won, and won convincingly 21-10.

Fair enough, it's possible though unlikely that you guys could have won in Foxboro. We sucked in the superbowl and still won by 11 points... seems to me the Pats have never won one by more than 3 so I don't care about how we played. We won, and won convincingly 21-10.

There are certainly a lot of football fans who do not think that win was convincing. Face it, "that's just how it goes."

Why is it unlikely? The Pats crushed the Jags at home and they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh earlier in the season. They've shown that they pretty much own the Steelers this decade, why is it likely that Cowher would have changed that in '05?

Timesteelersfan, I wish we could all see into your mind so we could see the seething going on it there regarding our beloved New England Patriots. I would love to see how much the Patriots LOSING or getting bounced from the playoffs really means to you cuz I'm willing to bet it means a helluva lot!;)

There are certainly a lot of football fans who do not think that win was convincing. Face it, "that's just how it goes."

Why is it unlikely? The Pats crushed the Jags at home and they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh earlier in the season. They've shown that they pretty much own the Steelers this decade, why is it likely that Cowher would have changed that in '05?

The playoff run in 05' is the best football we ever played during the Cowher era. Cowher finally had a franchise QB to go along with his outstanding run game and defense. When it all came together late in the season we went on a tear unlike any other team in history. First 6 seed to reach the championship, first 6 seed to reach the superbowl, first 6 seed to win it all. Not to mention we beat the top three AFC seeds then the Top NFC seed. All four of those teams had top ten offenses(1,2,4,6) if I'm not mistaken. It was the greatest run in postseason history, unmatched, probably never will be.

Remember that time in that superbowl, that Ben DIDNT cross the white line, and it clearly WAS NOT a touchdown....but counted anyway?

Timesteelersfan, I wish we could all see into your mind so we could see the seething going on it there regarding our beloved New England Patriots. I would love to see how much the Patriots LOSING or getting bounced from the playoffs really means to you cuz I'm willing to bet it means a helluva lot!;)

We're still two Lombardi trophies ahead of you and I want to keep it that way. I'd rather see you guys win it than the Cowboys, but I'd rather see anybody else win it over the Patriots. Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers. Only teams with five baby!

Remember that time in that superbowl, that Ben DIDNT cross the white line, and it clearly WAS NOT a touchdown....but counted anyway?

LIke the time Tom Brady fumbled and they made up a rule to save him? See, I can say stupid **** too. Doesn't make it true. You guys have gotten more than your fair share of breaks over the years so don't even think about going there.

The playoff run in 05' is the best football we ever played during the Cowher era. Cowher finally had a franchise QB to go along with his outstanding run game and defense. When it all came together late in the season we went on a tear unlike any other team in history. First 6 seed to reach the championship, first 6 seed to reach the superbowl, first 6 seed to win it all. Not to mention we beat the top three AFC seeds then the Top NFC seed. All four of those teams had top ten offenses(1,2,4,6) if I'm not mistaken. It was the greatest run in postseason history, unmatched, probably never will be.

Obviously, that is your opinion. Personally, I would say holding the number one rated scoring offense to three points (the #3 seed), putting 41 points on the number one rated scoring defense (the #1 seed) and then beating the #1 seed of the NFC to win your third title in four years is more impressive. But that's just me, and I suppose you could call me slightly biased. :D

And all it takes is some terrible officiating and boneheaded mistakes for any team to lose (;) ), so what the Steelers did to the Broncos and Colts does not make me believe that they could have beaten the Patriots had they played them in '05 (especially not in Foxboro). But, as I said, we'll never know, so arguing over it is fairly pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes