PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Championships Are NOT Tainted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, the NFL issued the so-called "clarifying memo" on this rule in September of 2006?

So how exactly are the Patriots championships in the least bit tainted? How do you violate a rule that is, as the NFL conceded, unclear? If they issued a memo, and they did, then the NFL must have felt there was some understandable, divergent and differing interpretations of the rule. They clarified it in 2006, so the Patriots still doing it apparently did violate the rule. But doing it prior, while it was still unclear when they were actually winning championships? Not a violation. You can't intentionally violate that which is not understandable. The NFL conceded that point.

There is no taint. They made a mistake in continuing the practice, it should have been a minor fine and a further warning next time its draft picks and then move on. Instead it became the story du jour in a media climate where they are incapable of discussing anything but alleged scandal.

J D Sal

Last edited:
I posted the exact thing on another board.

Put an * on the AFC East 2006 Champions banner all you like. But stay the **** away from the 2001, 2003, 2004 NFL Champion ones. :)

what else would you call it? They cheated, the sooner you guys can accept this the sooner you can move on. The championships are tainted and that will never change.
Maybe this year, though they never got to use the actual film

But it wasn't cheating in 2001, 2003 or 2004. The rule was, as the NFL conceded, unclear.

J D Sal

the championships are tainted only to the extent that people think they are tainted. there is no official or objective metric of what is or is not "tainted." One man's tainted is another person's shiny trophy. I don't think the lombardi's are tainted. to me they still shine bright. but that don't mean squat.

Today, a lot of people, including some level-headed and reasonable folks, think they are tainted, so we have to accept that they are pretty tainted.

By the end of this season, especially if we win the SB, a lot fewer people will think they are tainted, so they will be a lot less tainted.

By sometime next season, only die hard patriot haters will still think they are tainted, so they'll be tainted only in small, biased circles.

By the end of next season, this will all be a footnote. We will have to be patient.

Idiots like you have been saying since the tuck rule, so what does it matter what you think?

What kind of a thread title is that? Of course they're not tainted. Only a troll would think so. Ridiculous. Please edit the thread title, it's drawing trolls like flies to honey.

If you keep defending this so breathlessly, it's always going to stick. When people say that, tell them to f*ck off. Mention LT's nervous breakdown, Merriman's "special edge," Peyton Manning showing his ass to a female trainer, a drunk Joe Namath trying to date rape Suzy Kolber, etc etc etc.

This is sports. Up your game and relax. This isn't the history of Sparta.

People have been saying the Pats dynasty was bogus for five years now because it was all based on the "tuck rule" against the Raiders.

How is any of this mudslinging new to people? I'll take this nonsense over how last year started: "Brady has no weapons. Look at his body language!"

Belichick got nailed doing what everybody does, and they'll suffer the penalty for it. It doesn't change how talented this year's squad is. Hell, the "sorriest corner in the league" is already making history. :rocker:

Last edited:
If you keep defending this so breathlessly, it's always going to stick. When people say that, tell them to f*ck off. Mention LT's nervous breakdown, Merriman's "special edge," Peyton Manning showing his ass to a female trainer, a drunk Joe Namath trying to date rape Suzy Kolber, etc etc etc.

This is sports. Up your game and relax. This isn't the history of Sparta.

sorry bro but you missed Rodney's HGH (on the "special edge" thing). thnx.

You guys have no shot at winning a championship this year. Your own HC didn't even think you were good enough to beat the Jets without cheating..

Yup, I'm pretty sure Ellis Hobbs and Randy Moss were analyzing the video tape while it was confiscated. :bricks:

What does that have to do with your HC not thinking you were good enough to beat the Jets without cheating?

What does it have to do with the price of butter? The Jets lost. They're going to lose some more against other teams. Get over it.

This has nothing to do with the Jets and everything to do with your HC not thinking your team was good enough top beat them without cheating. Imagine what is going to happen when you face a good team and can't cheat..

I imagine if they face a good team... they might lose? Wow, this is startling revelation, particularly since I've been saying since I signed up I think the Chargers are going to win on Sunday. I may be so devestated I'll have to sign up for an account on a message board simply to troll! :bricks:

what else would you call it? They cheated, the sooner you guys can accept this the sooner you can move on. The championships are tainted and that will never change.

Thanks for chiming in...

Now go home and get your shinebox!

nah I think I'll hang around until one you guys can admit that your HC is a cheating lowlife and the dynasty* is tainted..

In that case welcome. Enjoy your stay.

sorry bro but you missed Rodney's HGH (on the "special edge" thing). thnx.

Hey I think LT needs to be burped and have his diaper changed. Norv would do it but his win/loss record on that is pretty cr@ppy.

Get comfy we have been dealing with idiots like you for years, we are use to it, just like you are use the Jets losing.

This has nothing to do with the Jets and everything to do with your HC not thinking your team was good enough top beat them without cheating. Imagine what is going to happen when you face a good team and can't cheat..

Thing is they weren't cheating. Belichick used the tape for post-game analysis.

Why did you guys release Reche Caldwell and not Quentin Jammer, I've been meaning to ask?

Hey talk to me when your team wins one legitimate SB. Jets at least have one..

And why don't you talk to us when your team wins A playoff game. Maybe then you'll only fire your assistant coaches.

You can't be serious. You can't really be that dumb can you? THEY WERE EXPOSED AS CHEATERS..

My team never had Caldwell or Jammer..

Actually they were exposed for a "rule violation" of having a camera on the sidelines. And Belichick said they never used the tapes for an in game advantage. I think I'm going to trust him over you. By the way, I'll have the sloppy joe please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes