PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Chad Jackson Offseason Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Chad Jackson!

Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson.

Will he spend months training and practicing with Brady? Will he come back in the fall and dazzle and daze us?

Or will he Bethel Johnson on us?!

Who is Chad Jackson? Is he a LB we signed to a Future contract?

Who is Chad Jackson? Is he a LB we signed to a Future contract?

No, that is Chadde Jaqueson.

Chad Jackson is a commodities broker dealing primarily in corn futures, so I can see why there would be some confusion there.

Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson.

Chad Jackson.

Ahh.

I feel better just saying it.

Re: Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson.

Is he still on the team?

Re: Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson.

Chad Jackson is the future greatest receiver of all time.

Chad Jackson is the future hall of famer.

Chad Jackson is the one ring to rule them all.

All joking aside:

I really do expect that Jackson will benefit greatly from going through a healthy offseason. Hopefully the kid can keep his hammy and groin unhurt and make some progress this offseason. He has more physical tools than I've seen in a Pats WR in a long long time.

I think he really got jipped in his development though. Imagine if he'd had Branch to buddy-system with and learn from. It would have really helped him I think.

Oh well, bygones. I do expect that the Pats will still look to upgrade the WR position, but I think 2007 1 year under his belt CJ will be much better than 2006 rookie 2nd round pick CJ.

Yeah sarcasm aside ;)

I think it's going to be up to CJ.

If he wants to be good, and wants to be a starter, then he's going to have to work his butt off this offseason.

He should be BEGGING to practice with Brady in a few months time. Lots and lots of reps.

If he's a slacker, then his time with the Pats will be a short one.

All joking aside:

I really do expect that Jackson will benefit greatly from going through a healthy offseason. Hopefully the kid can keep his hammy and groin unhurt and make some progress this offseason. He has more physical tools than I've seen in a Pats WR in a long long time.

I think he really got jipped in his development though. Imagine if he'd had Branch to buddy-system with and learn from. It would have really helped him I think.

Oh well, bygones. I do expect that the Pats will still look to upgrade the WR position, but I think 2007 1 year under his belt CJ will be much better than 2006 rookie 2nd round pick CJ.

Buddy-system him with Brown - even better than Branch. He'd learn the system as well the ethic.

Chad Jackson!

Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson. Chad Jackson.

Will he spend months training and practicing with Brady? Will he come back in the fall and dazzle and daze us?

Or will he Bethel Johnson on us?!

And you gave me sh!t about MY thread??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Buddy-system him with Brown - even better than Branch. He'd learn the system as well the ethic.

Very true, just thought that there was something to the fact that CJ and Branch would have been pretty close in age and pretty close in draft position that coulda helped them relate to each other. But yeah, Brown is probably a great guy to take notes off of as well.

<<
And you gave me sh!t about MY thread??? >>

Which thread was that?!

If it was the last Chad Jackson thread, I loved it!

I've loved all of the meaningless Chad Jackson threads ;)

Wide Receiver is regarded as one of the more complicated positions to learn and often it's a three year plan with WR's.

I really like CJ and I will not forget Mayock on NFLN raving about his hands, speed, and complete game.

Give him time, I believe in him and in Belichick - he came from Florida and Meyer and Bill Belichick seem to have formed a kinship.

Bethel had speed, but his hands were down right embarassing and his attitude was flat out disrespectful (my Sister in Law works for the Pats and she said he was the ONLY Pats player who was like this).

One WR to rule them all......

next year i hope he will show the reason why we spent an high pick...

OK, the kid is a "kid", does anyone have a dvd of his college games before he was drafted" ? Most 2006 draft gurus had CJ the "best" receiver prospect in the draft. I remember watching his video of catches @ Combine he looked real good.
Am I an old man or does anyone "remember" Terry Glenn, "he/she" as Bill Parcells referred to TG while they both were Patriots. I recall he sucked the 1st couple of years from injuries or whatever. How old is he now and how has he done for Dallas??????
Cut slamming the kid and wait til next year or the year after is done. Then he is either a bust or a good receiver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He's a decent special teamer. Don't expect much more than that out of him.

OK, the kid is a "kid", does anyone have a dvd of his college games before he was drafted" ? Most 2006 draft gurus had CJ the "best" receiver prospect in the draft. I remember watching his video of catches @ Combine he looked real good.
Am I an old man or does anyone "remember" Terry Glenn, "he/she" as Bill Parcells referred to TG while they both were Patriots. I recall he sucked the 1st couple of years from injuries or whatever. How old is he now and how has he done for Dallas??????
Cut slamming the kid and wait til next year or the year after is done. Then he is either a bust or a good receiver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wasn't he ROY? I know he led the rookies in receptions. He was very obviously a great receiver right away. He just had some baggage. He didn't jive with Bellichick or something.

I hope we see the reason we drafted him so high. We should have a good feel after 3/4 games if he has made progress or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes