PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The case for Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss is on the field for nearly EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

He has no choice but to "take plays off" at times. Usually that happens when the ball's not intended to be coming to him - but the play in question from Sunday looked to me like it could have been a misread - and not even "taking a play off"

What's clear is that he's draped in coverage and just not open as much as earlier last year. Yes, teams have studied the "blueprint".

And while we had a legitimate deep threat WR who could have taken pressure off of him last year, I can't make that criticism this year because as nearly all of us recognize, Jabbar Gaffney is just not a deep threat WR.

Beyond that the OL didn't even give Cassell enough time to complete short passes on Sunday, let alone deep passess to Moss even if here were more open - so it is what it is - if Defenses want to double cover Moss deep hopefully we can exploit that with the more open man.

You want to know which AFC East receiver is a malcontent festering in the locker room of a team many picked to contend this year but which is among the early disappointments in the league?

Look no farther than Laverneus Coles. He hates Tannenbaum and Mangidiot. The myth that Eric Mangini can coach in this league will become exposed as the Jets go down in flames to a 6-10 season and the rat who would be king is run out of town on a rail. Write it down.

......:rocker:.......

Truth, right there. His name will be mud too-who'd want the little rat in their organization?

Last edited:
I felt this way about the 'taking plays off' issue ever since his Minnesota days and I might get blasted by the 'Give it 100%' crowd but, I really don't blame him one bit. When you're sprinting 40 yards downfield every so often and whatnot it gets hard to give your all play in/play out over the entire course of a game. And when your defense is playing the way it was on Sunday why should Moss put himself in position for a concussion when it probably won't make a lick of a difference. He's not a possession reciever so I don't expect him to play like one.

So far Moss hasn't voiced any kind of displeasure with the team and that's all that matters to me. People can accuse him of giving up all they want but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back