PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Case for Brady MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I heard the absolute WORST case against Brady today on ESPN, that 4 downs show with woody paige and some other guy that doesn't know what he's talking about. He says it's not about a few games but all 16 games, and Brady early on wasn't playing up to his standards and wasn't playing well for 6-8 games. How do you say it's about overall and then just dismiss brady's league leading pass yardage and say he wasn't performing up to standards? And then not to even acknowledge the defenses horrible play and ton of injuries to key offensive guys like dillon, faulk and light.

MVP voters will get it wrong again no matter what, Brady is gonna have to throw for 6000 yards and the pats go undefeated for him to win one. But thats' alright I'll take the SB rings, it's just funny that when Brady isn't leading in the stats it's the stats that matter but when he is it's something else that matters.

after reading that he should definalty win it with all the injurys weve had

You take away peyton's run game (Edge) and he has one of his worst years. You take away Brady's (not that he's had a great one save for last year) for most of the year and he puts up the most yardage of his career and leads his team to the playoffs.

No way in hell is Brady the most VALUABLE player... no. It's just gonna be another case of another's teammates getting him an individual award.

No player has had to deal with as many substitute players this year and still lead a team to make the playoffs like Brady has done. His effort should be obvious to the MVP voters, but who knows what they are thinking. I think a case could be made for Alexander (TD's and Yards Rushing) or Tiki (Total Yards from Scrimmage, I think, I don't see that stat too much anymore though), (LT has kinda fallen off recently) but they have had healthy defenses getting them the ball back and offensive lines to play behind.

emoney_33 said:
Well I heard the absolute WORST case against Brady today on ESPN, that 4 downs show with woody paige and some other guy that doesn't know what he's talking about. He says it's not about a few games but all 16 games, and Brady early on wasn't playing up to his standards and wasn't playing well for 6-8 games. How do you say it's about overall and then just dismiss brady's league leading pass yardage and say he wasn't performing up to standards? And then not to even acknowledge the defenses horrible play and ton of injuries to key offensive guys like dillon, faulk and light.

MVP voters will get it wrong again no matter what, Brady is gonna have to throw for 6000 yards and the pats go undefeated for him to win one. But thats' alright I'll take the SB rings, it's just funny that when Brady isn't leading in the stats it's the stats that matter but when he is it's something else that matters.

I don't know how that guy Paige stays employed on TV, or in any other job for that matter. I can't watch that show because of him.

The other guys was most likely Skip Bayless and he is NOT a Brady fan.

I think Palmer or Alexander win it this year...Brady will never be the league MVP - they will NEVER give it to a 6th round draft pick. It puts a big hole in the system!

Fine with him, I am sure he could care less. He is about his team...the SI Sportsman of the Year was sweet and keep those damned SB rings coming Tommy Boy!

I hadn't seen that article before. Thanks for posting it, dryheat. And it seems to me that Smith not only makes the case for Brady as MVP, but also, and at the same time, he makes the case for Belichick as Coach of the Year. All those injuries, all those different combinations of players. The missing coordinators. It reflects well on both men that the Pats are doing as well as they are.

Umm...Paige? Brady did a GREAT job during the first part of the season. It is, in fact, WHY he was originally mentioned as an MVP candidate in the first place. Because his stellar play was CARRYING an otherwise underachieving team. HOW IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS????

Who Is the MVP of the patriots?

Is there any doubt? We all know why we are 9-5. We all know who made the difference. We all know that Tom Brady was not bringing us proudly into the playoffs as one of the best teams in the league.

The difference maker, our MVP is Ted Bruschi. If we go to the Conference Championship, the person who would have made more difference than anyone else is Teddy Bruschi. He is our heart and soul.

It seems fashionable to name the quarterback as MVP, since he often is called to take the team on his back. But I just don't buy it this time.

mgteich said:
Is there any doubt? We all know why we are 9-5. We all know who made the difference. We all know that Tom Brady was not bringing us proudly into the playoffs as one of the best teams in the league.

The difference maker, our MVP is Ted Bruschi. If we go to the Conference Championship, the person who would have made more difference than anyone else is Teddy Bruschi. He is our heart and soul.

It seems fashionable to name the quarterback as MVP, since he often is called to take the team on his back. But I just don't buy it this time.

That is true... although Tom Brady has had his work cut out for him this year. he has basically been the entire offense...

... then again bruschi has been the defense :p

bump badump

I may be in the minority, but I think Brady wins it, hands-down.

He's gotten a lot more credit and respect from the media types this season than I ever recall before.

I think even though you have blowhards like Paige and Pete Prisco, there are plenty of other voters out there who see what he's done this season and will give it to him.

Tom Brady will be the 2005 NFL MVP. His December performances will go a long way towards cementing the honor.

he definalty should be he's been great this year with Dillon and no running game for most of the season

mgteich said:

Hard to say. Our defense still looked bad in the first few games of Bruschi's return. You could argue that he was knocking the rust off, but the improvement also co-incided with Vrabel replacing Beisel, the Secondary getting some continuity with Hobbs playing, and the return of Seymour. I think Seymour is the defensive MVP HANDS DOWN.

That being said, without Brady running the offense, we don't beat the Steelers, don't beat the Falcons, don't win the first Bills game, and we have ZERO shot at the playoffs by the time players get healthy.

Edited after more thought:

My choice for Pats MVP:
1. Brady
2. Seymour
3. Vrabel
4. Colvin
5. McGinest
6. Branch
7. Neal
8. Dillon
9. Bruschi

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Umm...Paige? Brady did a GREAT job during the first part of the season. It is, in fact, WHY he was originally mentioned as an MVP candidate in the first place. Because his stellar play was CARRYING an otherwise underachieving team. HOW IS THAT NOT OBVIOUS????

And as I recall for the first few games of their creampuff schedule Peyton Manning and his prolific offense were MIA and the Colts new and improved defense was keeping them in the game.

They should probably just re-name the stupid thing the Manning. The initial fits so they could still call it the M-VP. He either wins it because he has better stats than Brady or he wins it because Brady's stats don't count.

I heard another mediot recent;y suggesting that Manning shouldn't win the MVP unless you consider it player of the year. Say what????? His little hiccup on Sunday cost the Colts a place in history. I just love media logic. They really should change the rules and postpone voting on all these awards until after the postseason - performances in which should be given strong consideration. After all, isn't carrying your team into and through the playoffs what a Most Valuable Player should be expected to do?

Harrison37 said:
I may be in the minority, but I think Brady wins it, hands-down.

He's gotten a lot more credit and respect from the media types this season than I ever recall before.

I think even though you have blowhards like Paige and Pete Prisco, there are plenty of other voters out there who see what he's done this season and will give it to him.

Tom Brady will be the 2005 NFL MVP. His December performances will go a long way towards cementing the honor.
I agree with this post. I've heard more positive talk re Brady and MVP this year than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down