PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bunch Picks

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is a very unusual situation. I think that we are almost a lock not to make 3 picks between 96 and 101, plus another 30 picks later. There are simply too many possibilities.

OPTIONS
1) Trade 96 or 101 into 2016.
2) Trade DOWN from 96 or 101 for a mid fourth and a fifth.
3) Trade 96 plus 101 for a pick in the mid 70's.
4) Use 96 or 101 to move up from 64 into the low 50's.
5) Trade 64 + 96 + 101 to move to 42
6) Trade 96 + 101 +131 to move to 68
7) Pick at 96, 97, 101, and 131 (this may be best, plus a couple of minor moves of a couple of spots).

AS WAS THE CASE YESTERDAY
A player could suddenly become available that changes the plans.

I think it makes more sense to use 96 as trade leverage rather than 101. Would be nice to have a pick to start day three so that the FO can spend time re-setting their board tomorrow if needed.

I think it makes more sense to use 96 as trade leverage rather than 101. Would be nice to have a pick to start day three so that the FO can spend time re-setting their board tomorrow if needed.

Agreed.

I've already got a trade idea for tomorrow. We add some speed/skill tonight; cb, rb and wr. Trade 101 to Philly for 121 and Mathis. We have the cap space. There's your G, developmental G and LB. Douglas and Ramik Wilson.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back