Welcome to PatsFans.com

The BUBBA Vote Is The Key To Winning In 2008.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jun 24, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Forget all the theories and disregard all the B.S... Politics is almost like math when it comes down to the minute theorems of victory. many posts will be made here. Many in the media will write LONNNNNGGGG boring articles exspousing their theories.

BUT WHO CAN AND MIGHT WIN IS SIMPLE AND EASY.

I'm going to borrow NEM's often used word because it works best.

The Democrat who best represents, to the degree possible, the interests of "THE BUBBA'S" will win....it's that simple. Steal 1 vote from the GOP in that area and they need 2 to overcome it..

Much of the $$$ comes from the extreme left and right during elections. A moderate to conservative democrat will trounce the GOP in 2008. The more liberal the candidate the greater chance of loss. If the Democrats screw this up...they will not recover for a very long time.

Bush may not be perfect...none of us are...but his issues are huge and his mistakes are many as perceived by the media. The next President will not have such huge issues and the Democrats may not get this kind of chance again

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I agree with you that a moderate to conservative Democrat will beat a Republican candidate. I disagree with what you said of issues for the next president. The next president will have a lot to clean up. The deficit is $477 billion, up substantially since Bush took office. The war in Iraq will not have ended, if it has there will be turbulance that will consume a lot of our resources. The environment is in dire straits. Naysayers can downplay global warming and snicker at the theories, but if we don't do something about our destructive influences terrorism will look like a Staples easy button. And we haven't even got to social security and health care yet. At least we won't have to hear about the gay marriage issue.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

You are very correct here. But a Democrat will be given a free pass of a few years IMO. Perhaps as many as 3 years which is a long pass. Republicans will be given little to no pass especially considering that as a House or Senate member they are astute as to the problems.

The only deviation I see to this would be a non House or Senate President. Regardless of party I think the media and public will give them at least a 2 year pass. The media will then be harsh on the Senate and Congress.

IMO I selfishly wish for a moderate to win the election who will please the public forcing the hand of Congress and the Senate to shape up or be shipped out.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,029 / 15 / -8

Don't count on it, Scout. We're likely to hear all sorts of appeals based on pelvic issues, because you can get so many people riled by saying " 'Magine that! Two fellas gettin married!"

Almost as much as saying: "Someone burned a flag!"

Meanwhile: who here under 50, who is married, has a stay-at-home wife? Pertinent question, because over the last 30 or so years our standard of living has declined to the point where what was once a "women's rights" issue (being able to work outside the home,) is a given of survival in our modern economy. I ended up working for the Federal government (no plan, just happened,) as did my dad. My dad retired at the grade I'm at now.... He raised us in a 3 bedroom home, and I'm sweating the load on payments on a one bedroom condo, no kids, no wife (girlfriend, who, by the way, works.)

Think about it. We whine and moan about people undermining our country, whine and moan about paying taxes to help out the neediest, whine and moan about other peoples' sexual preferences, and what is the reality? We keep coming up with tax breaks for the rich and several thousand dollar per taxpayer military buildups and adventures. Case in point: Iraq. I don't know the current number, but at one point we were paying a billion a day for the pleasure of being there. 30 billion a month. Thats a hundred bucks a month for every man, woman and child, two hundred bucks a month if you figure we have half of that in the workforce (probably an overestimate.) We WILL end up paying this bill.

What we create is a situation where, through such adventurism, someone you don't know is sticking a couple hundred bucks a month you don't have on a credit card you don't know about, called the National Debt. That's just for Iraq... the costs of tax cuts to the wealthy, Afghanistan (a more arguably necessary expense,) sole-source no-bid contracts for your buddies, etc., probably takes that number way north.

Oh and by the way your buddies you're voting tax breaks for? They're outsourcing your job.

But there's nuthin' in tha bible about you having a job, so it's okay. God doesn't care if you have a job, just as long as you're straight and if you're a woman, make sure you give birth to babies by whatever father is available or makes himself available against your will, including, if republicans have their way, your own father (though any rapist will do.)

Pelvic issues, pelvic issues, pelvic issues. I'm sure when the bill comes due it will be "Clinton's fault," even though he presided over eight years of uninterrupted prosperity.

PFnV

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  5. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The issue comes down to how you present a candidate to the populace(you refer to them as bubbas) while also instilling a willingness for your base to come out and vote.. A steady process of success has produced many within the Republican Party who have become experts at such technique. Carl Rove is considered the undisputed master of running a campaign. What remains largely hidden to outsiders is his nurturing of followers who have influenced races on more local levels of government where tomorrow’s leaders are gaining their foothold. Political cycles dictate that the majority Republicans will suffer some losses in both the House and Senate races in 2006. Many will look as this as giving the Democrats the edge as it comes to the run for president in 2008. Word to the wise, keep a keen eye on to which party makes gains in the Governor races in 2006. These outcomes in traditional battleground states will have a far more bearing on the Presidential election in 2008 than any House or Senate races.

6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  7. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The 2008 election will again be determined by 60,000 people from Ohio.