PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE BROOKLYN NETS THREAD

Celtics really need a center ... there are no elite centers in the draft ... maybe 1 almost elite in Skal Labissiere who should go around #7. There are 3 decent centers who will be gone by the end of the lottery picks. So realistically the team does need to miss the playoffs and get back in the lottery. Grabing a center with say a top 3 pick (Nets) is not ideal value for them. There are 2 excellent small forwards they can get if they end up with #3 or #4 worse case scenario ... Ingram or Brown.

If they end up with a top 10 pick they can get an elite player with the Nets pick and the center they badly need with their own pick. I think Ainge wants to make the playoffs ... bad choice IMO ... making the playoffs last year did nothing for them and their roster is a functional mess.

As for the Nets pick it's looking better and better it could be #2 pre lottery balls.

Last edited:
oh geez here we go with this nonsense again:rolleyes:

What nonsense? This roster, as currently constituted, is not even close to being a legit contender. Danny needs to either shyte or get off the pot.

What nonsense? This roster, as currently constituted, is not even close to being a legit contender. Danny needs to either shyte or get off the pot.
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to tanking to get into the lotto garbage. you bring it up all the time and I've posted why its nonsense many times in other threads.

Last edited:
The Nets are in disarray, quite possibly in free-fall, and will be sellers (if they can find any buyers) at the trade deadline; all of which is great news for us.
Now if only the ping-pong balls will co-operate...

The Nets are in disarray, quite possibly in free-fall, and will be sellers (if they can find any buyers) at the trade deadline; all of which is great news for us.
Now if only the ping-pong balls will co-operate...
Unfortunately there are some teams right on their heels... Really hoping they can hang on

Unfortunately there are some teams right on their heels... Really hoping they can hang on
Yes ... Timberwolves have lost 8 in a row and now they're in the basement race at 12-28 a 1/2 tick above the Nets.

you dont have to have the worst record just bad enough to have a decent chance at a high pick. the wolves have two more wins then the nets do. the sixers and lakers are the only teams as of today with worse records then the nets.

The good news is this has become a 4 team race to get pre lottery pick #2.

1: 76'ers at 7 wins ... highly doubtful anyone can suck worse. Hard to believe with their roster they suck this bad.

2: Lakers at 9 wins ... we're only 3 wins higher ... hopefully they win some more.

3: Nets at 12 wins ... the odds say this is where the pick stays pre lottery ... not so bad but #2 would be nice.

4&5: Suns and Wolves at 14 wins ... screw them they are pissing me off ... hopefully they stay behind us.

That's it for the worse 5 ... doubt anyone new enters the race. Nuggets and Pelicans at 18 wins.

The feckin Lakers have the best of both worlds: Kobe Bryant's retirement tour guarantees big houses wherever they go, therefore he will play as often as he wants for the rest of the season;
and because he will play as often as he wants, the Lakers will continue to suck and therefore continue to increase their chances of one of the top 3 picks in the draft.
I will be very pissed-off if they pick one spot of the NJN's spot.

The feckin Lakers have the best of both worlds: Kobe Bryant's retirement tour guarantees big houses wherever they go, therefore he will play as often as he wants for the rest of the season;
and because he will play as often as he wants, the Lakers will continue to suck and therefore continue to increase their chances of one of the top 3 picks in the draft.
I will be very pissed-off if they pick one spot of the NJN's spot.

Prepare to be pissed off then. I can guarantee you that they get the top pick regardless. This ****'s fixed.

i think the lakers may end up passing the nets. man that would be nice

i think the lakers may end up passing the nets. man that would be nice
I desperately want that ... get #2 pre lottery and with bad luck end up with #3 is serviceable.
Simmons is the prize but Ingram or Brown will be elite players also ... especially Ingram (Durant Jr.) potential.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back