PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Broncos are pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? 74 catches, 953 yards 7 TDs from a 6'3" WR and he's not part of the "equation". You serious?

61 catches for 760 yards and 4 TDs, when 28 for 352 are otherwise his career highs. Hello Reche Caldwell!

Brady can make his receivers better. This isn't news.

What is it with people thinking the Patriots should just keep giving Brady garbage at the WR position? Why can't Tom have nice things?

They have a wide receiver. For some reason he plays tight end though. I love this debate. /sarcasm

No, I didn't have to do any digging. I follow football.

Because he's been shortchanged at WR for most of his career, and the idea that Brandon Lafell somehow changes that is an absolute joke.
Bristling with annoyance, aren't you?;)

Somehow poor Tom's managed to get NE to 6 SB's in spite of having Brandon Lafell's. OK:rolleyes:.

I guess it's a Madden/Fantasy football generation point of veiw.

Bristling with annoyance, aren't you?;)

Somehow poor Tom's managed to get NE to 6 SB's in spite of having Brandon Lafell's. OK:rolleyes:.

I guess it's a Madden/Fantasy football generation point of veiw.

I always find it interesting to peer into the mind of someone who can't be bothered to actually think. ;)

I always find it interesting to peer into the mind of someone who can't be bothered to actually think. ;)
Fantastic comeback Professor Xavier. :rolleyes:
xavier 1.jpg

They have a wide receiver. For some reason he plays tight end though. I love this debate. /sarcasm
Absurd statement, what you quoted. Our WR core isn't amazing but Edelman and LaFell have carried their weight as much as any receiving core we've had during our SB's. Yes we had Branch/Givens/Brown but now we have Edelman/LaFell/Gronk. A perfectly okay offense.

Fantastic comeback Professor Xavier. :rolleyes:
View attachment 8499

One of us went with the lame personal shot first. That would be you. Act as if you've already hit puberty, for crying out loud.

And, seriously, think before posting. Getting to SBs with, to use a relatively neutral term, unimpressive WRs still means you had unimpressive WRs.

61 catches for 760 yards and 4 TDs, when 28 for 352 are otherwise his career highs. Hello Reche Caldwell!

Brady can make his receivers better. This isn't news.
Hate to break your fantasy football heart, but NE will not sign a big name FA WR, nor will we draft one high. Sucks when all you have is Edelman, Gronk and Lafell. TB has it so much better.

One of us went with the lame personal shot first. That would be you. Act as if you've already hit puberty, for crying out loud.

And, seriously, think before posting. Getting to SBs with, to use a relatively neutral term, unimpressive WRs still means you had unimpressive WRs.
You're argument carries no weight and that statement is laughable. Unbunch your panties and relax kid.

I'm sorry but how is it that our team carried us without weapons? In the middle of the season we were driving and scoring like champs. This post season we have been hitting out receiving targets and rushing the ball. If your offense has Brady/Gronk/Edelman it's already better than half the league.

I'm sorry but how is it that our team carried us without weapons? In the middle of the season we were driving and scoring like champs. This post season we have been hitting out receiving targets and rushing the ball. If your offense has Brady/Gronk/Edelman it's already better than half the league.
Why wouldn't you want to improve your team where you can?

Don't ever stop drinking that koolaid... Hey, tell me about how great Donald Jones, Brandon Tate and Kenbrell Thompkins are going to be for the team, too!

Don't ever stop drinking that koolaid... Hey, tell me about how great Donald Jones, Brandon Tate and Kenbrell Thompkins are going to be for the team, too!
Never said I wanted any of them. Put words in my mouth, if you must. Does not mean your narrative this season has been right.

Our offense is good. Gronk is a dominant target and Edelman and LaFell have been plenty productive. We are in the SB, in large part due to offense against the Ravens. We don't have excellent weapons but we have good play and execution in all three phases. Our offense is plenty good.

Never said I wanted any of them. Put words in my mouth, if you must. Does not mean your narrative this season has been right.

I didn't put words into your mouth. I don't need to. Your argument is a poor one. Brady had that 2006 offense at #7 in scoring, and he had last year's offense at #3. That didn't mean those WR groups were good.

Last edited:
Exactly what usually happens when you build a team via high-ticket FAs:
"I feel like some guys," he said, pausing again, "didn't have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year."

Not to mention Lafell and Vereen. If NE doesn't retain Vereen we have a huge hole IMO. Your not going to cover his lost receptions (52) by signing/drafting a tall WR. Those are plays from the backfield and a big part of how the overall offense operates.

Keeping Vereen is much more critical than getting another wing. Who knows if Dobson can come back healthy. They haven't cut him yet.

The Broncos off season should be quite a soap opera

Exactly what usually happens when you build a team via high-ticket FAs:

This is about the QBs. Swap out Brady and Manning, and Denver's going back to the Super Bowl, while NE is bowing out after a one-and-done postseason.

^ I'd be interested in how BB and PM would get along.

Not that I'd wish for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye