PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The British are coming, or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
SoccerAmerica.com: Articles - Kraft joins board of directors - 07/08/2009
Kraft joins board of directors
by Paul Kennedy, Wednesday, Jul 8, 2009 7:00 AM ET

[WORLD CUP 2018 BID] Robert Kraft, a founding investor of Major League Soccer, is the latest addition to the board of directors of the USA Bid Committee seeking the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. Best known as the owner of the NFL powerhouse New England Patriots, Kraft was influential in bringing the 1994 World Cup to Foxboro Stadium and has owned MLS's New England Revolution since its launch in 1996.
Krafty Bob trying to steal the World Cup from Ralph Wilson and that dude who wons Jacksonville...or maybe not.

More Krafty Bob looking to disrupt traffic and pay off the Gillette Stadium debt burden...

2010 schedule to feature more than Brazil addition? | IndyCar News | 2009 | Crash.Net
Next season's IndyCar Series calendar could see more changes...
-----
IRL commercial president Terry Angstadt admitted that the series was targeting something between 16 and 18 races for next season, and has conceded that a return to former Champ Car favourite Cleveland could be on the agenda, along with New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Barber Motorsports Park, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Longer term, Angstadt revealed, the League was considering a road circuit set around Foxborough's Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.

wait a minute Wait a minute WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Foxboro Stadium hosted a freakin' World Cup?! I never knew that. And from what I've heard about the place, it was barely adequate for the NFL.

I never went to the old Fox (I had tickets for a game there in 2001 but didn't go, I'll tell you about that some other time) but when I tell other Pats fans I wish I could have gotten there at least once, they usually look at me like I'm crazy and say, "Trust me, you didn't miss anything."

wait a minute Wait a minute WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Foxboro Stadium hosted a freakin' World Cup?! I never knew that. And from what I've heard about the place, it was barely adequate for the NFL.

I never went to the old Fox (I had tickets for a game there in 2001 but didn't go, I'll tell you about that some other time) but when I tell other Pats fans I wish I could have gotten there at least once, they usually look at me like I'm crazy and say, "Trust me, you didn't miss anything."

The perks were almost non-existent, but the prices were much more reasonable, the tailgating was great and the crowd was generally into the games.

World Cups are granted to a country, and then games are played in stadiums throughout the country. The 1994 World Cup was played in Foxboro, but also at the Rose Bowl, Meadowlands, Cotton Bowl, Soldier Field, Citrus Bowl, RFK in DC, the Silverdome, and Stanford Stadium.

If the US was to win a bid for a World Cup in 2018, the list of venues would probably be similar, and would doubtlessly include Gilette.

Last edited:
Last edited:
World Cups are granted to a country, and then games are played in stadiums throughout the country. The 1994 World Cup was played in Foxboro, but also at the Rose Bowl, Meadowlands, Cotton Bowl, Soldier Field, Citrus Bowl, RFK in DC, the Silverdome, and Stanford Stadium.

If the US was to win a bid for a World Cup in 2018, the list of venues would probably be similar, and would doubtlessly include Gilette.
Don't try to be reasonable about this, the truth is it's a plan by that evil Bob Kraft to make money off those poor deluded soccer fans. :mad:

This is nothing new, investors, fans, and the IRL have wanted a race up in this part of the area for years...people originally wanted a Boston road race :eek:
I thought there was a marathon thingy that used one or two streets? Doesn't that count as a road race then?

I thought there was a marathon thingy that used one or two streets? Doesn't that count as a road race then?

Different layout and longer shutdowns for the auto race...plan never really got off the ground but they were planning it in case the city ever wanted to host one.

Okay, that makes a little more sense.

Kraft uber alles.:) (Did I spell the German right?)

Last edited:
Kraft uber alles.:) (Did I spell the German right?)
If not Vollmer will personally tutor you, but you have to hold the blocking bag for him so he can keep working while he's hitting you. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down